The 2017 Dodgers WORLD SERIES!!! Thread

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: The 2017 Dodgers WORLD SERIES!!! Thread 

Post#3221 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 3:54 am

3 outs. 4 runs to tie.

did I ever tell you guys the day game when Tommy was still managing, we were winning like 7 or 8 to nothing in dodger stadium after 8, and we lost the game by 1 run at the end?

I know the odds. I understand the improbability, but it is not impossible. I want to recite Vin's immoral words when this game is over.

COME ON BLUE!!! logic and facts are out the window. now I am a faithful.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3222 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 3:55 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Get rid of the chokes and losers.

Addition by subtraction.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

or just add better post season players and demote the regular season studs to #2 and #3 role when post season comes around. you still need the chokers who are aces in regular season to get here.

exhibit 1) the SF Giants last two years.

Nah.

Get the chokes off my roster. We don’t need their energy or the press that comes with how terrible they are in October.

that could mean not making the playoffs at all. we need better quality depth. we need someone better than Kershaw for playoffs, and our C boys.
ehhhhh f it.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#3223 » by TKainZero » Thu Nov 2, 2017 3:57 am

Why utley. Ahh

His last atbat ever

0-15 postseason
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
TKainZero
Head Coach

Post#3224 » by TKainZero » Thu Nov 2, 2017 3:58 am

1 out to go

Seager

Start this and get us to puig
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

TKainZero
Head Coach

Post#3225 » by TKainZero » Thu Nov 2, 2017 3:59 am

Good evening

Good night

Cya in the spring

Neddy
RealGM

Post#3226 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 3:59 am

ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3227 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:00 am

well see you all in the off season thread.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3228 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:02 am

for the record, Ryu would have given us a far better chance in both game 3 and this one.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Drought in Los Angeles Continues 

Post#3229 » by Ranma » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:03 am

The Astros showed up tonight while the Dodgers didn't. Darvish, Bellinger, Seager, and Turner lost us Game 7 and the World Series. Roberts certainly had a hand in this, but the aforementioned 4 needed to do more not only in this game but the entire series and they didn't.

Congratulations to the Houston Astros. They deserved the title as the better competitor.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#3230 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:07 am

Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:
or just add better post season players and demote the regular season studs to #2 and #3 role when post season comes around. you still need the chokers who are aces in regular season to get here.

exhibit 1) the SF Giants last two years.

Nah.

Get the chokes off my roster. We don’t need their energy or the press that comes with how terrible they are in October.

that could mean not making the playoffs at all. we need better quality depth. we need someone better than Kershaw for playoffs, and our C boys.

So be it.

We literally lost this series because of 3 blowup starts by frail October pitchers.

Think about that.
3 out if their 4 wins are from 2 frail October pitchers with blow up starts.

They almost didn’t even earn the **** when you think of it that way,

Im tired of heartache. If I have to take a dip and miss the postseason (not get my heart broken) in order to get my ring, fine.

“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Re: Drought in Los Angeles Continues 

Post#3231 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:08 am

Ranma wrote:The Astros showed up tonight while the Dodgers didn't. Darvish, Bellinger, Seager, and Turner lost us Game 7 and the World Series. Roberts certainly had a hand in this, but aforementioned 4 needed to do more not only in this game but the entire series and they didn't.

Congratulations to the Houston Astros. They deserved the title as the better competitor.

more like Yu and Belly got us off the wrong foot with them error-ing in the first. I did not understand Yu throwing sliders when they were not breaking a half the time. the hits he got crushed, two first runs given up were on sliders.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3232 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:09 am

and I aint congratulating nobody. F them. F the bigot and F his friends. I will never, ever, give any mofo-ing credit or respect to the team that supports a racist. F U Ass Trolls!
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3233 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:11 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Nah.

So be it.

We literally lost this series because of 3 blowup starts by frail October pitchers.

Think about that.

Im tired of heartache. If I have to take a dip and miss the postseason (not get my heart broken) in order to get my ring, fine.

then like I said before on trade thread, package Kershaw with Gonzo and Grandal and get some real value back while lowering our payroll, and sign Otani for some whatever the under the table deal to assure our rotation. Urias and Buehler should be ready too.
ehhhhh f it.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#3234 » by milesfides » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:12 am

We just choked. It hurts. It wasn’t just one player. Collectively, we didn’t come through. Astros were more consistent throughout the series.

We got hit early and couldn’t get back into it. Couldn’t handle the pressure.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#3235 » by ken6199 » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:14 am

Neddy wrote:and I aint congratulating nobody. F them. F the bigot and F his friends. I will never, ever, give any mofo-ing credit or respect to the team that supports a racist. F U Ass Trolls!

Relax, just a game.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3236 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:15 am

milesfides wrote:We just choked. It hurts. It wasn’t just one player. Collectively, we didn’t come through. Astros were more consistent throughout the series.

We got hit early and couldn’t get back into it. Couldn’t handle the pressure.

we were the better team if not just as good.

Dave pulled Don Mattingly on us.

his management of the bullpen was the key to our loss this series.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3237 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:15 am

ken6199 wrote:
Neddy wrote:and I aint congratulating nobody. F them. F the bigot and F his friends. I will never, ever, give any mofo-ing credit or respect to the team that supports a racist. F U Ass Trolls!

Relax, just a game.

easy for you to say.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#3238 » by Neddy » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:19 am

I was born in 1975, grew up on baseball since like, 8 years old. baseball is my religion. I was only 13 when the dodgers won the last WS. I have the freaking go dodgers logo on my office sign. dodgers is what my sport and entertainment world revolves around. I sponsored my son's little league teams for their entire financial needs for 3 years because they named my son's team the dodgers. for many of you it is a game. for me it is a religion.

2018. we will come back here.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

The 2017 Dodgers WORLD SERIES!!! Thread 

Post#3239 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:20 am

Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:

So be it.

Think about that.

then like I said before on trade thread, package Kershaw with Gonzo and Grandal and get some real value back while lowering our payroll, and sign Otani for some whatever the under the table deal to assure our rotation. Urias and Buehler should be ready too.

Yes.

I’m not riding with Kershaw until the wheels fall off. IDGAF about him finishing his career here. He hasn’t brought me anything but heartache. Anything but another opportunity to give my Giant fan friends excuses for why the job was not complete.

On to year 30.
Brb, 98% of the fan base still gonna be starry eyed and say they’d rather try to win with this fraud than do what we know we have to do.

Edit:
And I mean trade him this winter...not wait until he is FA n let him walk. Trade. Now.

“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Post#3240 » by milesfides » Thu Nov 2, 2017 4:21 am

Springer carried them. So consistent. We didn’t have that guy. He had a historic series. So confident.

We have a some young guys. So talented but lacked tha experience.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers