ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Los Angeles Dodgers Regular Season Thread

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Re: 2019 Los Angeles Dodgers Regular Season Thread 

Post#101 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:10 pm

Love having Manny Machado on our team. Easily one of my favorite players in the league since he has been in the league. I truly hope we re-sign him. The future would be weird because do we put Manny at 3B because he is our best 3B or Seager at 3B because Manny is better at SS? Either way, JT can have 1B and Cody can get stashed in LF until JT retires/ gets too old to hit.

One of the things I keep stressing is that if this is a win now move, I need to see something else to back it up.
I do not think this roster is going to be October successful as is.

We need another SP and IMO another bullpen ace to supplement. Kenley Jansen is not his dominant self like he has been in years past. This would have been a great spot for Brandon Morrow who seems like he is maintaining his bullpen ace ways even though he has had some PREDICTABLE injuries this year.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#102 » by Neddy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:31 am

where is Ranma the Machado's #1 dodger fan?
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Still Here But Not Quite Caught Up 

Post#103 » by Ranma » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:42 am

Neddy wrote:where is Ranma the Machado's #1 dodger fan?

I'm trying to catch up with everything Clippers and Dodgers-related, but I hope to express my full thoughts soon, but needless to say, I'm very happy to have Manny Machado manning SS for us right now.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#104 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:20 pm

Muncy continues to kick the ball at 3B.

smfh
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Re: Still Here But Not Quite Caught Up 

Post#105 » by Neddy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:22 pm

Ranma wrote:
Neddy wrote:where is Ranma the Machado's #1 dodger fan?

I'm trying to catch up with everything Clippers and Dodgers-related, but I hope to express my full thoughts soon, but needless to say, I'm very happy to have Manny Machado manning SS for us right now.

you know there is no way we can keep Turner - Seager - Machado with only 2 positions on the left side of the infield in NL come 2019.

I personally have some suspicion that Turner not only did PED, but did well to both increase his ability as well as to hide it. but he also probably over did it and here is the reason why I think this.

evidence #1. he always credited Marlon Byrd for his sudden improvement of his game, with Byrd's advice of hitting early rather than sit back. well, sounded great until Byrd got busted for PED.

evidence #2. not only the improvement of overall batting, which a lot has to do with the fact that he got consisting playing time, as well as becoming older and wiser both mentally and physically, his power suddenly came on. it is typically the other way around, a guy who has physical tools to hit the long ball who did not learn to put his weight behind the swing ( sorry for my scout-ish language, I know this is not how the physics of this works, and I can also divulge into it if anyone is interested) in his early years who gets coached to ( you guessed it ) sit back and watch the ball a little longer, and shorten your swing (aka speed up your bat with a tighter, faster acceleration of the bat) rather than hitting the ball at the earliest point of the bat's swing zone.

evidence #3. guys who over do PED, or do the right amount but their body types aren't able to hold up to chemical enhancement well, will tend to have injury ridden latter end of their careers, and their injuries tend not to be injuries that are typically associated with baseball injuries. although never caught, our Nomar's torn groin, to our current Ryu's, aren't common baseball injuries. not saying they did anything at all, but odd in deed. known users have also often gone through odd injuries that are not associated with baseball typically.

evidence #4. much higher rate of male pattern baldness among PED accused ball players all across the sports all over the world. this is self explanatory if you have some rudimentary medical/biochemical/physiological understandings. most PED is designed to increase many hormones or mimic them to create effects that are desirable to be stronger, faster, better in their each respective sport. this also means mass increase in hormones that also have other side effects of various kinds, which one of is to speed up the hair loss among men as well as massive increase in rate and how soon testicular/prostate cancers come.

now they are all circumstantial in case of one Red Turn, and frankly just about anyone anymore in baseball at least who has done what to their body, I really don't care. but as one famous old head dodger once said, "it is better to trade a player one year too soon, than one year too late"

PS- this is just for fun, although I am sincere and not joking about this, I am in noway serious with my accusations. consider them rather, a little mental exercise of horrendously credible deductive reasoning at its best mediocre attempt.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#106 » by Neddy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:38 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Muncy continues to kick the ball at 3B.

smfh

finally broke away from my jinx and watched every inning of dodger games since Machado trade. 2-1 ain't bad when you especially consider the run +/- in this series, lol.

man I did not know how badly trying Muncy is playing out of position. sure, he is a decent 3B for a AAA league. he is no major league 3rd baseman. he is trying so hard to over compensate his lack of speed, reaction time and arm strength by rushing into the play and make throws before his feet are set and/or rushing his throw and release the ball too soon just about every play. he will be a valuable DH in the WS and be a great situational starter/full time pinch hitter come playoffs but he does not belong on the left side of the infield. even then I doubt 2nd is home. Muncy is 1B/DH. we basically got another Big Choi. great bat with power, can't put him anywhere on the field in NL other than on 1st base. what we probably need Muncy to become going forward as our regulars come back healthy, is to become more like Dave Hansen or Olmedo Saenz.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#107 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:42 am

1st pitch Jansen gives up a homer to Franco.

He is not dominant like he was last season. DON'T TREAT HIM OR THIS PEN LIKE HE IS!
Ranma
RealGM

Manny Machado Making Things Happen 

Post#108 » by Ranma » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Ovation for Utley 

Post#109 » by Ranma » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Muncy & Maeda's Excellence in Baseball 

Post#110 » by Ranma » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#111 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:43 pm

Tom Koehler won't be back this year.

THere won't be relief from him for our bullpen.

GO GET AN ARM!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#112 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:20 am

Annoying loss and annoying team.

2nd big lead coughed up in Philly.
Luckily in Game 1 we came back and won.

Then the offense puts up a full **** donut for 10 innings...forcing us to pitch **** in the 16th where he obviously was going to give up a homer.

Tom Koehler out for the year....there's no help coming from the DL.
GO GET A **** ARM.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#113 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:22 am

LOL at this idiot trying to force Maeda through a 7th inning after he had already done his job.

Stupid decision is literally the difference between us starting to cook a little bit and everybody feeling good about our spot or still being a meddling NL team that's in a race to get clobbered by any one of NYY, Bos, Hou
Neddy
RealGM

Post#114 » by Neddy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:35 am

LMAO

**** tells Alana Rizzo on top of the 4th interview to her question of 'why do you say Rich Hill is the funniest guy after you in the club house', he replied "Rich has a funny side that only guys who play with him knows, I mean, he is like 62 years old, but we love him" :lol:
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#115 » by Neddy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:04 am

you know, I can't wait until we are in the WS.

Muncy at DH will do wonders for our infield defense.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#116 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:06 am

Kershaw with his longest outing of the year.

7.2 IP
Gets his 4th win.

Must be reading this forum and got sick of me.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#117 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:20 pm

It would be so Dodgers to take the 1st 2 here and then lose the next 2.

win this series.
tonight.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#118 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:36 am

Good.

Should be 5-1 on the trip but at least we secured a successful trip.

Hope we sweep ATL tomorrow.
7-3 on this trip coming out of the would be good for us.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Quake Griffin
RealGM

2019 Los Angeles Dodgers Regular Season Thread 

Post#119 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:10 pm

3 outs from getting no hit.

Smfh

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Neddy
RealGM

Post#120 » by Neddy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:01 am

hey at least we broke it off fair and square.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers