2019 Los Angeles Dodgers Regular Season Thread 

Post#1 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:33 pm

Kershaw
Wood
Maeda
Hill
Ryu

^^^^
Apparently Dave touted this order for our starting pitching.

I’d like to see Buehler get in there at some point and possible do a 6 man rotation for a while. I think everybody in this could benefit from a 6 man rotation or at least a good stretch where we use it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: 2019 Los Angeles Dodgers Regular Season Thread 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:33 am

Justin Turner breaks his wrist after being hit by a pitch.

Smfh

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#3 » by Neddy » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:32 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Kershaw
Wood
Maeda
Hill
Ryu

^^^^

I’d like to see Buehler get in there at some point and possible do a 6 man rotation for a while. I think everybody in this could benefit from a 6 man rotation or at least a good stretch where we use it.

don't worry, Walker will get plenty of starts, as well as Ross and eventual top pitching prospect Urias.

we have Hill slotted as the 4th starter, and he will be hurt a half the season leaving good 100 innings behind.
Wood will get hurt at some point, just gotta hope it is minor with his mechanics but he will easily be sparing 50 innings.
Kershaw should get a month off towards the end of the season if we have locked up the seeding in our favor. 30 innings minimal.
if Maeda and Ryu lasts the whole season, it still leaves 180 innings for other starter to fill in.

Im more interested in the bullpen and the lineup.

Jansen
L-Cingrani
L-Alexander
Baez
JT
Fields
Ross

so the last spot goes to... I'm hoping for Yimi over Font.

our lineup with Justin out,

1. R Taylor CF
2. L Seager SS
3. R Kemp LF
4. L Bellinger 1B
5. R Puig RF
6. R **** 2B
7. S Grandal C
8. R Forsythe 3B

Barnes, Utley, Toles, Joc will round out the bench. but we are sorely missing a utility man with this lineup. we will have to use the injury replacements well just like last year to utilize that 25th spot for an 8th bullpen arm vs 5th bench bat depending on how the season goes.

Font and Thompson will be trade candidates.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#4 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:47 pm

Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Kershaw
Wood
Maeda
Hill
Ryu

^^^^

don't worry, Walker will get plenty of starts, as well as Ross and eventual top pitching prospect Urias.

we have Hill slotted as the 4th starter, and he will be hurt a half the season leaving good 100 innings behind.
Wood will get hurt at some point, just gotta hope it is minor with his mechanics but he will easily be sparing 50 innings.
Kershaw should get a month off towards the end of the season if we have locked up the seeding in our favor. 30 innings minimal.
if Maeda and Ryu lasts the whole season, it still leaves 180 innings for other starter to fill in.

Im more interested in the bullpen and the lineup.

Jansen
L-Cingrani
L-Alexander
Baez
JT
Fields
Ross

so the last spot goes to... I'm hoping for Yimi over Font.

our lineup with Justin out,

1. R Taylor CF
2. L Seager SS
3. R Kemp LF
4. L Bellinger 1B
5. R Puig RF
6. R **** 2B
7. S Grandal C
8. R Forsythe 3B

Barnes, Utley, Toles, Joc will round out the bench. but we are sorely missing a utility man with this lineup. we will have to use the injury replacements well just like last year to utilize that 25th spot for an 8th bullpen arm vs 5th bench bat depending on how the season goes.

Font and Thompson will be trade candidates.

I believe in Walker and I believe he will eventually slot in right behind Kershaw at some point in his career.

But I am more interested in the starters than the bullpen for a few reasons:
- Kenley is nails and I'd be shocked if he wasn't this year.
- I want to wait for Koehler to get off the DL before I render a full judgment on the bullpen unit.
- If we are still in win now mode, there will need to be another deal for a front line starter.

_________

Why do you have Kemp so high in our lineup? You think he is a better hitter than Puig at this point? Maybe Turner Ward will work his magic. I almost want Kemp in that 6 hole and **** at 8 but I know there's a method to your madness.

_________

I am still miffed at the idea that Barnes took all of our playoff reps from Grandal and the organization just walks into this year like the starting gig is Grandal's.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#5 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:38 am

Good night sweet Trayce.

Neddy
RealGM

Post#6 » by Neddy » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:23 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
_________

Why do you have Kemp so high in our lineup? You think he is a better hitter than Puig at this point? Maybe Turner Ward will work his magic. I almost want Kemp in that 6 hole and **** at 8 but I know there's a method to your madness.

_________

I am still miffed at the idea that Barnes took all of our playoff reps from Grandal and the organization just walks into this year like the starting gig is Grandal's.

very simple, #3 batter makes lesser impact than #1, #2, or #4 guy in the lineup according to SABR is definitely one, but mainly because when Turner is back, the lineup is not shuffled around beyond Kemp. I don't want to move Puig around and giving him any reason to feel the "here we go again" sense when he is moved around in the lineup. When Turner is back, Puig is hitting in the 5 hole even if Puig goes Eric Thames in the first 6 weeks of the season, so why move multiple pieces around when you can make the minimal changes to accommodate Justin's absence? also, with Puig's power and speed combo, he should be the #5 guy all season.

plus, Kemp had a decent spring, old guys tend to fall off at the end of the season when they run out of gas. and with his injury history, use him now and often and perhaps by the time Justin is back, Kemp is back on the usual and familiar DL.

R-CF Taylor
L-SS Seager
R-LF Kemp
L-1B Bellinger
R-RF Puig
S-C Grandal
R-3B Forsythe
R-2B ****

to

R-CF Taylor
L-SS Seager
R-3B Turner
L-1B Bellinger
R-RF Puig
S-C Grandal
R-LF Kemp
R-2B **** or Forsythe

that's the idea behind my logic of batting Kemp 3rd to break the season, until JT is back.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#7 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:35 pm

The year starts today.

I will not lie. This is the least enthused I've been about a Dodger season in my entire life. Having the life sucked out of me in Game 5 (no, not Game 7...Game 5) and eventually losing the WS took the wind out of my sails.

I'm crossing my fingers that these guys can play in such a way that inspires me to be excited again.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#8 » by Neddy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:19 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:The year starts today.

I will not lie. This is the least enthused I've been about a Dodger season in my entire life. Having the life sucked out of me in Game 5 (no, not Game 7...Game 5) and eventually losing the WS took the wind out of my sails.

I'm crossing my fingers that these guys can play in such a way that inspires me to be excited again.

some are fearful of baseball's jinx rule to start the season, JT's broken wrist, or sewerage sipping on to the field on the last day of the spring training, but for me, I think we are getting the bad mojo out of the way. maybe Jobu needs a live chicken and rum to before the season opener today but I get this funny idea that the rotation that will end the season and go into the payoffs will not look like the rotation right now. both Walker and Julio will get their chances and at least one of them will be in the playoffs, probably due to either ineffectiveness or injuries.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#9 » by Neddy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:21 pm

don't know about you guys, but I am pumped!

also the fact that I am taking this week off after my surgery, also gives me very little to do with all the time in the world, so I can use something that will break this monotony.
ehhhhh f it.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#10 » by TKainZero » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:58 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:The year starts today.

I feel you.

It's a World Series win or a disappointment.
I'm 32. I haven't seen one since I was a baby in my dads arms for Kirk Gibsons blast

We are ready... but are we also spoiled...

We entered into this severanyear window where championships are the expectation. Championship or bust.

Last year the dodgers over achieved. Getting to the series was a plus. Now we have to close the deal. Win it all

Let's go dodgers!!!
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#11 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:52 pm

Thank you ESPN announcers for talking Game 5 and not just gargling this guy’s junk about how great he is.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#12 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:24 am

Will we score?

TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#13 » by TKainZero » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:52 am

Dodgers were favorited huge.

I knew it was gonna be a flat start

3 outs to go
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#14 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:04 am

Blanked by Ty Blach and Co.

Great start to the season after the huge WS let down.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#15 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:15 am

13 straight scoreless innings

Neddy
RealGM

Post#16 » by Neddy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:18 am

Joe freaking Panik again.

0-1 back to back.

I don't get Dave Roberts' lineups.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#17 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:02 am

Smfh.

Game 7.
Giants L.
Giants L.

Great.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#18 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Apr 1, 2018 3:35 am

Happy to see runs on the board n Maeda deal tonight.

No surprise that Baez is in and a runner gets on.
Good on him for getting a double play.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#19 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Apr 1, 2018 5:40 am

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#20 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Apr 2, 2018 2:22 am

Such a beautiful thing to see Puig reaching his potential

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers