Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Re: 2019 Los Angeles Dodgers Regular Season Thread 

Post#81 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jun 9, 2018 4:27 am

Rib soreness.

wtf?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#82 » by TKainZero » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:43 pm

These injuries are getting out of hand
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#83 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:18 pm

Rotoworld says Buehler's ribs are not broken, so cool.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#84 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:17 pm

Yall better show my man Max Muncy some props.

The front office stays with an answer when we are in difficult situations. Max Muncy, if he doesn't get another hit this year, has been great in keeping us afloat for a potential postseason run.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#85 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:47 am

Turns out Buehler's ribs are broken. I'm fine with his 2 week stint on the DL. I don't want him burnt out by October as we build his arm up for major league competition.

Enjoying Matt Kemp proving me wrong.
Especially when he takes Mad Bum deep.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#86 » by Neddy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:00 pm

man haven't been watching games over a month, since when I was watching it seemed like we were losing every game ( april to mid may) then when I started to miss games for whatever the reason, we started to go on a winning streak and now we are right there again in NLW. now I am afraid to break the mojo and do not wish to jinx the team.
ehhhhh f it.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#87 » by TKainZero » Fri Jul 6, 2018 6:03 am

Finally back where the dodgers belong

Atop the nl west
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#88 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jul 6, 2018 5:49 pm

Where's Matt Kemp breh.

He's been a breath of fresh air.
Woo Hoo!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#89 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jul 7, 2018 5:24 am

Well....

If that wasn’t one of the more frustrating Dodger regular season losses this year, I dunno what is.

12:23 am in the midwest. I’d like to just see my boys get a 3rd out then sleep. Nope. Kenley, Grandal, Puig all come together to piss me off.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#90 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jul 9, 2018 12:04 am

No All Star Game for our $30 million pitcher.

I expect him to opt in this offseason.

Nobody is giving him $30 Ms+ per year with his body failing him and his playoff track record.

Neddy
RealGM

Post#91 » by Neddy » Mon Jul 9, 2018 2:48 am

Quake Griffin wrote:No All Star Game for our $30 million pitcher.

Nobody is giving him $30 Ms+ per year with his body failing him and his playoff track record.

I dunno man, the Cubs gave a contract to Darvish after we trashed him. I think Kershaw will opt out and he will get a deal from somewhere. I expect him to go back home to Texas.

I'll tell you one thing tho, we shouldn't resign him to another deal that will get him 30 million a year or more or another 6-7 years. we got his prime, and frankly very lucky that Clay wasn't more broken down. now it is up to him if he wants to stay a dodger at a reasonable cost. our youth in rotation looks stunningly handsome.... Alex Wood is still relatively young and cheap-ish, Maeda is on a slave contract, Ross pitching like an ace, Walker Buehler looking like a future ace, and Julio Urias is about to come back sooner or later. and all this is without any regard to our farm or existing contacts like Hill or kids under control like Dennis Santana.

I am sure this is heresy to some, but Kershaw is now entering the age where your logic should tell you not to commit big money anymore.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#92 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jul 9, 2018 5:06 am

Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:No All Star Game for our $30 million pitcher.

I dunno man, the Cubs gave a contract to Darvish after we trashed him. I think Kershaw will opt out and he will get a deal from somewhere. I expect him to go back home to Texas.

I'll tell you one thing tho, we shouldn't resign him to another deal that will get him 30 million a year or more or another 6-7 years. we got his prime, and frankly very lucky that Clay wasn't more broken down. now it is up to him if he wants to stay a dodger at a reasonable cost. our youth in rotation looks stunningly handsome.... Alex Wood is still relatively young and cheap-ish, Maeda is on a slave contract, Ross pitching like an ace, Walker Buehler looking like a future ace, and Julio Urias is about to come back sooner or later. and all this is without any regard to our farm or existing contacts like Hill or kids under control like Dennis Santana.

I am sure this is heresy to some, but Kershaw is now entering the age where your logic should tell you not to commit big money anymore.

I was under the impression that he had 3 years left on his deal if he opted in. Because there is 2 years left on his deal if he opts in, I'll admit it is still in his best interest to opt out as he will get more in his next total contract than he would in the next 2 years here. There's no way he gets $35 million (what he's getting here to heal his back this season) in AAV.

I get that he wants may want to play in his home town but I can't see why they'd back up the Brinks Truck for him at this point. I can see Dave Dumbass Browski doing it and selling him + Sale = a ring to Boston.

It's well documented what i think of Clayton Kershaw. I made it clear this offseason. No. Take that back. I made that clear the previous winter when he had 2 years left before opt out and I thought we had a good moment to strike and get a HUGE haul for him. I haven't taken back any of my thoughts and I still feel the same way and more given his performance this year. Hopefully with his performance this year and the inherent risks that he poses to us going forward with re-signing him, we can have a peaceful conversation about the matter without emotions and frustration as it is obvious my positions on him ARE more down to earth and rational than they once seemed...even if they are "disloyal".
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#93 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jul 9, 2018 2:56 pm

Another issue I had last year:

The Barnes-Grandal debate.
We abandoned Grandal for Barnes in Octover because Austin had the hot bat. At the time Dodger fans everywhere swore he was the better catcher as well. I abstained from adopting that view. Our organization seemingly has as well.

FFW today.
Neither are currently hitting and I don’t hear a peep about Austin, the “better catcher,” needing more time if neither are gonna hit.

Leads me to believe last year WAS mainly about the hot bat, NOT their skill as catchers, and we SHOULD NOT have abandoned Grandal in the playoffs...rather...got creative and put Barnes at 2B some times.

I would have ejected as well if Dave turned his back on me, doubled down on it when Austin stopped hitting, and my wife was having a baby in the process.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#94 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:06 pm

Chase Utley press conference?

Must be ready to retire.
Hope so.

He can stop sucking up a roster spot

Neddy
RealGM

Post#95 » by Neddy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:35 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Chase Utley press conference?

Must be ready to retire.
Hope so.

He can stop sucking up a roster spot

send good ole tommy to introduce Chase to the podium. then, following Chase's speech of his intent for retirement, gotta immediately snatch the mic and have Tommy also announce Chase's new job title as a coach of some kind from the season thereafter.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#96 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:29 am

That double play to end tonight’s game

Easily one of my favorite plays of this season.

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,233

Post#97 » by Kilroy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#98 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:34 pm

This better go through.

If the FO gives me blue balls, I’m gonna be pissed.

Neddy
RealGM

Post#99 » by Neddy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:12 am

here comes Manny
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#100 » by Neddy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:07 am

Neddy wrote:here comes Manny

well? first at bat, he gets a hit. 2 hits and 2 walks for the night. a great debut for the Manny v2.0
but oh boy **** steals the show on top of the 9th.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers