ImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs ECSF: Cavs (4) / Celtics (1) (1-4)

Moderator: ijspeelman

ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 885

Re: 2024 Playoffs ECSF: Cavs (4) / Celtics (1) (1-1) 

Post#81 » by ijspeelman » Sat May 11, 2024 11:25 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:Dang Wade and Allen trying to both give it a go?

From what I’ve heard and not official sources, no Allen today, but most likely Wade
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,623

Post#82 » by jbk1234 » Sun May 12, 2024 12:20 am

ijspeelman wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Dang Wade and Allen trying to both give it a go?

From what I’ve heard and not official sources, no Allen today, but most likely Wade

It's official. Allen's out but Wade is going to play.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,441

Post#83 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun May 12, 2024 12:47 am

Okoro still scared.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#84 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun May 12, 2024 1:42 am

Imma head out fellas. Go Cavs, hope they play a better 2nd half.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#85 » by jbk1234 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:29 am

Allen needs to come back by Game 4. Mobley has no business trying to go over screens.

Mitchell needs to get rest where he can. Garland had the offense humming in the beginning of the 4th and a two-minute blow once the Celtics took a timeout would've been perfect. Instead we got a gassed Donavan forcing things and four bad shot attempts in a row (LeVert had a couple of them). Merrill played a lot of minutes and didn't have a 3 point attempt. I'll have to go back and look to see if spacing was the reason.

Anyway we need that Mobley/Tatum matchup and Allen needs to be on the floor to see it. Not just for the series, but to see what that matchup looks like for the future.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#86 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun May 12, 2024 4:08 am

I didn't watch a single second of the 2nd half, felt like a Cavs loss when no one but Mitchell could get stuff going. I wasn't super interested in either of the Magic blowouts either.

I'm with ya jbk, Allen just gonna have to tough it out at this point, give us freaking something. If ya go out there and get hurt worse, you have all summer to recover, c'mon man, these are the times we're paying you for.
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 257

Post#87 » by cavs4872 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:17 am

Was not at all expecting Wade to return before Allen. Wild.

Don't really have many thoughts on this game... hate to see Wade back and he's playing center as the only big out there... just ridiculous.

JujitsuFlip wrote:I didn't watch a single second of the 2nd half, felt like a Cavs loss when no one but Mitchell could get stuff going. I wasn't super interested in either of the Magic blowouts either.

I'm with you. It's almost like I have a sixth sense and know when to stop watching. I knew not to stop watching Game 7 vs. Orlando.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#88 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun May 12, 2024 5:47 am

cavs4872 wrote:Was not at all expecting Wade to return before Allen. Wild.

Don't really have many thoughts on this game... hate to see Wade back and he's playing center as the only big out there... just ridiculous.

JujitsuFlip wrote:I didn't watch a single second of the 2nd half, felt like a Cavs loss when no one but Mitchell could get stuff going. I wasn't super interested in either of the Magic blowouts either.

I'm with you. It's almost like I have a sixth sense and know when to stop watching. I knew not to stop watching Game 7 vs. Orlando.
If it wasn't Saturday night, i probably woulda watched at least some portion of the second half but i wanted to get of the house a bit. After the 1st half, i just knew when no other Cav could do anything, it was a wrap.

Monday is a new day and a new game. I believe jb is gonna have to adjust, with or without Allen but we all know that's not his strong suit.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#89 » by jbk1234 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:02 pm

I'm with ya jbk, Allen just gonna have to tough it out at this point, give us freaking something. If ya go out there and get hurt worse, you have all summer to recover, c'mon man, these are the times we're paying you for.

This wasn't Game 6 against the Magic. Mitchell hurt us late. Garland led a 9-0 run to start the 4th. We had multiple people involved and we were getting good shots.

Mitchell was clearly gassed in the 4th and forced up some bad shots. LeVert took a couple of questionable shots. We had 4 bad possessions in a row and they pushed it back out over 10.

Garland has been getting dragged by fans, but it seems like either JB, Mitchell, or LeVert intervenes and takes the ball out of Garland's hands once he starts to get something going, rather than making the Celtics adjust to Garland and then take the ball back.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#90 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun May 12, 2024 4:23 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

This wasn't Game 6 against the Magic. Mitchell hurt us late. Garland led a 9-0 run to start the 4th. We had multiple people involved and we were getting good shots.

Mitchell was clearly gassed in the 4th and forced up some bad shots. LeVert took a couple of questionable shots. We had 4 bad possessions in a row and they pushed it back out over 10.

Garland has been getting dragged by fans, but it seems like either JB, Mitchell, or LeVert intervenes and takes the ball out of Garland's hands once he starts to get something going, rather than making the Celtics adjust to Garland and then take the ball back.
Yeah, like when jb benched Garland.

LeVert is much like Cedi for me at this point, too much inconsistency. Probably time to move on from the LeVert experiment, we have 3 post seasons in wine & gold to look at.

Mitchell just can't hunt his shot that early, imo. It makes the offense too 1 dimensional. I loved watching him cook Horford on the step back 3s but honestly that is what the Celtics want.

We need Mitchell in the high 20s scoring and near double digit assists.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Re: 2024 Playoffs ECSF: Cavs (4) / Celtics (1) (1-2) 

Post#91 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun May 12, 2024 4:29 pm

I will also say, from the gameplan jb has been preaching, from a stats perspective, that is about as close as you can get, last night.

He wants less than 30 threes. Celtics were at 34 attempts. He wants to keep em off the charity stripe, only 14 attempts.

He doesn't preach this but obviously winning the TO battle helps.

Through the first 3 games, whichever team controls the boards, wins the game.

The Cavs need Allen back and probably need to start Wade, if his knee and wind will allow it.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#92 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon May 13, 2024 12:53 pm

Mitchell (calf) and Allen (rib) are both questionable for game 4.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by jbk1234 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:00 pm

If Allen doesn't play, JB really needs to consider starting Wade. You can't continue to surrender that much size to Tatum. Okoro, LeVert, TT, and Merrill can come off the bench.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#94 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon May 13, 2024 2:18 pm

jbk1234 wrote:If Allen doesn't play, JB really needs to consider starting Wade. You can't continue to surrender that much size to Tatum. Okoro, LeVert, TT, and Merrill can come off the bench.
I agree. Honestly, even if Allen does start, I'd consider starting Wade for Strus bc they're both gonna be on a minutes restriction anyway.

If Mitchell doesn't play, i assume it is all moot.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,472

Post#95 » by JonFromVA » Mon May 13, 2024 3:14 pm

jbk1234 wrote:If Allen doesn't play, JB really needs to consider starting Wade. You can't continue to surrender that much size to Tatum. Okoro, LeVert, TT, and Merrill can come off the bench.

Tough call with Wade just coming back from injury, TT probably not ready to play significant minutes, Mobley with a ankle/calf injury, Niang struggling on both ends of the floor, and Morris barely playable.

I suppose my modification to your idea of going with a bigger front court would be to rotate and play them in fairly short segments with the idea of making sure when Mobley is on the floor he can be a help defender and/or take Tatum. Keep the energy high and the chance of further injury low and we should be able to work Allen in if/when he becomes available.

I suspect Wade will still be coming off the bench and the Cavs will experiment some more with playing him at C so they can go 5 out.

IMO, they desperately need to spend some time thinking about how they're going to get the guys they want shooting the ball open, but what else is new. They are at home, there's still a chance the shots will start going in even if they don't make any offensive adjustments.

If Mitchell can't go? Seems unlikely given what he's already fought through, but that would make the need to run an offense that much greater or else the Celtics are going to clamp down on Garland and crush us. CPJ is still no go.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#96 » by ijspeelman » Mon May 13, 2024 4:49 pm

ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#97 » by ijspeelman » Mon May 13, 2024 4:49 pm

JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#98 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon May 13, 2024 6:31 pm

Mitchell was allegedly absent from shoot around.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,472

Post#99 » by JonFromVA » Mon May 13, 2024 7:50 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:Mitchell was allegedly absent from shoot around.

I imagine we'll make an exception for him if he shows up at game time and wants to go.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#100 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon May 13, 2024 8:55 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Mitchell was allegedly absent from shoot around.

I imagine we'll make an exception for him if he shows up at game time and wants to go.
I figured he was probably either resting and/or getting treatment.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers