ImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs ECSF: Cavs (4) / Celtics (1) (1-4)

Moderator: ijspeelman

JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,441

Re: 2024 Playoffs ECSF: Cavs (4) / Celtics (1) (1-2) 

Post#101 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon May 13, 2024 10:16 pm

Mitchell ruled out for game 4.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 885

Post#102 » by ijspeelman » Mon May 13, 2024 10:49 pm

ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#103 » by ijspeelman » Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

Obviously the result still matters, but I just want to see the Cavs run decent offense w/out Mitchell

Could potentially be a difference if we can get something going for future games
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,623

Post#104 » by jbk1234 » Mon May 13, 2024 11:12 pm

Anyone else think there might be bad vibes between Mitchell and Garland, or am I misreading things.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#105 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon May 13, 2024 11:28 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Anyone else think there might be bad vibes between Mitchell and Garland, or am I misreading things.
What makes you say that?
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#106 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon May 13, 2024 11:34 pm

Niang is so unathletic.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#107 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon May 13, 2024 11:41 pm

This line-up sucks, call a timeout jb.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#108 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue May 14, 2024 12:11 am

LeBron is courtside?!?!

Feels reminiscent of when he flew back for Big Z's jersey retirement in 2014.

Ohio is like that girl he just can't quit lol c'mon home Bron, we need ya!
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#109 » by ijspeelman » Tue May 14, 2024 12:24 am

jbk1234 wrote:Anyone else think there might be bad vibes between Mitchell and Garland, or am I misreading things.

I get the opposite of bad vibes honestly. Curious what ya see
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#110 » by ijspeelman » Tue May 14, 2024 12:25 am

Well, I like what the Cavs done in the first. We are playing some good defense and hitting a lot of our threes.

I would like to see them find a way to turn the Kornet minutes into great offense and defense, but he has all the rim runners scared and is pounding the boards
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#111 » by ijspeelman » Tue May 14, 2024 1:29 am

There aren't moral victories in the playoffs, but this as close as you can get to one
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#112 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue May 14, 2024 1:48 am

I can't be mad with how they played, they kept it tight.

Cavs played with effort. Garland drops 30, reminding everyone who he is.

Mobley with a near 20-10 game. I think i feel good about offloading Mitchell and Allen this summer. Time to get 3 starters that compliment these two youngsters better.

Allen and Mitchell served their purpose, time to move onto the next stage of the rebuild and allow these guys to play their natural positions.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:55 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:I can't be mad with how they played, they kept it tight.

Mobley with a near 20-10 game. I think i feel good about offloading Mitchell and Allen this summer. Time to get 3 starters that compliment these two youngsters better.

Allen and Mitchell served their purpose, time to move onto the next stage of the rebuild and allow these guys to play their natural positions.

Unless Mitchell declines to extend, I'm inclined to run it back. I really want Allen to play in Game 5 so we can at least see what happens with our core 4 against the best team in the East.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,472

Post#114 » by JonFromVA » Tue May 14, 2024 1:55 am

Mobley doing a little damage .vs. the Celtics without Porzingis isn't the signal to trade Allen.

We could use a team that can manage to stay healthy.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#115 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue May 14, 2024 2:09 am

jbk1234 wrote:

Unless Mitchell declines to extend, I'm inclined to run it back. I really want Allen to play in Game 5 so we can at least see what happens with our core 4 against the best team in the East.
Nah, we don't need to run it back, unless it's with a new head coach.

If Mitchell extends, then that is my green light to move Garland. But i have zero confidence in Mitchell extending, so it is he who will go.

I don't think Koby splits up Allen and Mobley but he should. Really need to start giving Mobley 100% of his minutes at 5, next to a stretch 4.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:19 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

If Mitchell extends, then that is my green light to move Garland. But i have zero confidence in Mitchell extending, so it is he who will go.

I don't think Koby splits up Allen and Mobley but he should. Really need to start giving Mobley 100% of his minutes at 5, next to a stretch 4.

What really sucks about Allen being injured is the bet you're making is Mobley on Tatum fundamentally alters the series and you can't put Mobley on Tatum without Allen.

I really want one healthy season with Mitchell/Garland to try to develop some synergy. I don't want one guy who the opposing team can key on in the last couple minutes. You better get a real wing back if you trade one of them.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#117 » by JonFromVA » Tue May 14, 2024 2:31 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

What really sucks about Allen being injured is the bet you're making is Mobley on Tatum fundamentally alters the series and you can't put Mobley on Tatum without Allen.

I really want one healthy season with Mitchell/Garland to try to develop some synergy. I don't want one guy who the opposing team can key on in the last couple minutes. You better get a real wing back if you trade one of them.

Health is our biggest impediment to finding out what this team can do. Fingers crossed Mitchell survives the rest of the season with just knee tendinitis and a calf strain and doesn't turn it in to something far worse.

Trading Garland at his lowest value would be a very Cavalier thing to do, but I think if Mitchell does extend it will be in part because he likes playing with Garland. So he may be hands off.

However, if we do fire JBB or even Altman, I wonder how many candidates would want to inherit the roster as-is? Even if ultimately vindicated, a whole lot of people are convinced the team is built wrong and that's going to include potential coaches.

fwiw, it may be time the Suns admit they need a PG. A Mitchell for Booker swap might even make some sense for both sides who like their big deals, if not for the Gilbert/Ishiba feud and the possibility Mitchell wouldn't want to spend the rest of his prime with a declining Durant and Beal.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#118 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue May 14, 2024 4:43 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

This is our 3rd straight post season not being fully healthy. I don't think giving it 1 more season changes that. Obviously this has been the worst season and post season for injuries.

I think you for sure could get a legit wing for Garland, if Mitchell extends. An expiring Mitchell, I'm not so sure what his going rate will be.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:23 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Nah, we don't need to run it back, unless it's with a new head coach.

This is our 3rd straight post season not being fully healthy. I don't think giving it 1 more season changes that. Obviously this has been the worse season and post season for injuries.

I think you for sure could get a legit wing for Garland, if Mitchell extends. An expiring Mitchell, I'm not so sure what his going rate will be.

The prospect of watching Ingram forcing contested midrange shots, as Allen and Mobley watch their attempts dwindle in the playoffs, does not excite me. He did not have a good series against OKC, and if the goal is to get you further along in the playoffs, that swap probably gets you farther removed from it.

After Ingram, I'm not sure what legit wing might be available. Bridges? You better hope Mobley develops into a second option, but Bridges sure isn't.

Obviously everything hinges on Mitchell wanting to extend anyway, but if he will, I'm running it back for one more season. Whether JB comes along for the ride, or you hire a coach who might be able to capture some synergy between Mitchell/Garland, is an open question.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#120 » by JonFromVA » Tue May 14, 2024 6:42 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

This is our 3rd straight post season not being fully healthy. I don't think giving it 1 more season changes that. Obviously this has been the worse season and post season for injuries.

The prospect of watching Ingram forcing contested midrange shots, as Allen and Mobley watch their attempts dwindle in the playoffs, does not excite me. He did not have a good series against OKC, and if the goal is to get you further along in the playoffs, that swap probably gets you farther removed from it.

After Ingram, I'm not sure what legit wing might be available. Bridges? You better hope Mobley develops into a second option, but Bridges sure isn't.

Obviously everything hinges on Mitchell wanting to extend anyway, but if he will, I'm running it back for one more season. Whether JB comes along for the ride, or you hire a coach who might be able to capture some synergy between Mitchell/Garland, is an open question.

I'm tempted to trade the entire roster for a collection of tough, strong, big-boned, wide players with solid length that never seem to get hurt and let JBB grit & grind them through the regular season to literally any playoff seed and then when the playoffs roll around they can just shove opponents out of the way and dunk their way to the finals.

At least that's what I'm learning from the way the refs are calling these games.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers