Trade Ideas

Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,747

Re: Trade Ideas 

Post#1801 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 21, 2024 4:21 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:https://hothothoops.com/2024/05/20/report-cleveland-cavaliers-ask-tyler-herro-jaime-jaquez-jr-donovan-mitchell-trade-miami-heat/

If Mitchell refuses to extend, i think a package starting around Jaquez and Herro is a good jumping point. They can start the 2 and 3.

I hate that package. Herro isn't better than Strus and Jazquez can't shoot.

Also, that source seems super sketchy.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,488

Post#1802 » by JonFromVA » Tue May 21, 2024 2:12 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:https://hothothoops.com/2024/05/20/report-cleveland-cavaliers-ask-tyler-herro-jaime-jaquez-jr-donovan-mitchell-trade-miami-heat/

If Mitchell refuses to extend, i think a package starting around Jaquez and Herro is a good jumping point. They can start the 2 and 3.

I don't want Herro, let alone a Herro + Garland backcourt.

Dude may have SG height, but he has a PG wingspan and he's bad on defense.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1803 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 21, 2024 3:44 pm

JonFromVA wrote:

I don't want Herro, let alone a Herro + Garland backcourt.

Dude may have SG height, but he has a PG wingspan and he's bad on defense.

Dude is a $30M 6th man who the Heat are trying to pass off as a trade asset.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,458

Post#1804 » by JujitsuFlip » Tue May 21, 2024 11:19 pm

There aren't a lot of good deals being rumored for Mitchell. So I guess we better hope he extends even though that means Garland is probably gone.
toooskies
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,774

Post#1805 » by toooskies » Tue May 21, 2024 11:27 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:There aren't a lot of good deals being rumored for Mitchell. So I guess we better hope he extends even though that means Garland is probably gone.

The rumor mongers are convinced he will extend. Klutch wouldn't have floated the Garland trade conversation if Mitchell was likely to leave.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#1806 » by JonFromVA » Tue May 21, 2024 11:37 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:There aren't a lot of good deals being rumored for Mitchell. So I guess we better hope he extends even though that means Garland is probably gone.

The Cavs will be doing their best to keep trade talks out of the media ... the rumors are just the usual likely suspects and spare parts from teams that would love to rip us off.

Plus we're still quite aways from the end of the season, if things go badly for the Celtics maybe they're thinking of shaking things up and would trade a J.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1807 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 21, 2024 11:39 pm

I don't know, I'm reading there are two more teams interested now (the Pelicans and Rockets) than there were midseason when the Nets felt like they weren't going to bid against themselves. I feel like the Heat and Lakers can't even match what's out there now.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#1808 » by JujitsuFlip » Wed May 22, 2024 2:57 am

jbk1234 wrote:

I don't know, I'm reading there are two more teams interested now (the Pelicans and Rockets) than there were midseason when the Nets felt like they weren't going to bid against themselves. I feel like the Heat and Lakers can't even match what's out there now.

I just don't want Green back from the Rockets and I bet that is who they dangle. I guess we shall see if anyone reputable starts floating stuff.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#1809 » by JujitsuFlip » Wed May 22, 2024 3:01 am

toooskies wrote:

The rumor mongers are convinced he will extend. Klutch wouldn't have floated the Garland trade conversation if Mitchell was likely to leave.

Probably not but one thing i read that made sense to me was maybe Klutch wanted to guarantee Mitchell didn't extend, by leaking that.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#1810 » by JujitsuFlip » Wed May 22, 2024 3:02 am

JonFromVA wrote:

The Cavs will be doing their best to keep trade talks out of the media ... the rumors are just the usual likely suspects and spare parts from teams that would love to rip us off.

Plus we're still quite aways from the end of the season, if things go badly for the Celtics maybe they're thinking of shaking things up and would trade a J.

I wish but i doubt one of them comes free.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#1811 » by JujitsuFlip » Wed May 22, 2024 4:25 am

Jarrett Allen apparently quit following the Cavs on Instagram... The plot thickens. Assuming he ever followed them in the first place lol
jars
Junior
And1: 45

Post#1812 » by jars » Wed May 22, 2024 5:47 am

Just come over to the Cavs board because I've had the outline of a 3 team trade in my head that has nothing to do with my pistons and want to know what you guys think.

In theory would you trade of Donovan Mitchell for Mikal Bridges, the third pick (or a future first), and bench fodder?
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#1813 » by JujitsuFlip » Wed May 22, 2024 11:36 am

jars wrote:Just come over to the Cavs board because I've had the outline of a 3 team trade in my head that has nothing to do with my pistons and want to know what you guys think.

In theory would you trade of Donovan Mitchell for Mikal Bridges, the third pick (or a future first), and bench fodder?

Who is getting Mitchell in that scenario, the Nets or Rockets? Also, it's a weak draft, so i would need to see the full trade proposal.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1814 » by jbk1234 » Wed May 22, 2024 11:59 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I just don't want Green back from the Rockets and I bet that is who they dangle. I guess we shall see if anyone reputable starts floating stuff.

If you don't want to make a trade where Green is a key piece, then don't make that trade.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
toooskies
Assistant Coach

Post#1815 » by toooskies » Wed May 22, 2024 1:51 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

If you don't want to make a trade where Green is a key piece, then don't make that trade.

Cavs definitely ask for Whitmore and Eason before Green. Green has shown for three years that he's a volume guy but not efficient, even in the context of a pretty good team otherwise. He can be offloaded to Detroit or Brooklyn or Utah in some other deal.
toooskies
Assistant Coach

Post#1816 » by toooskies » Wed May 22, 2024 1:51 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:Jarrett Allen apparently quit following the Cavs on Instagram... The plot thickens. Assuming he ever followed them in the first place lol

He currently does not follow the Cavs on instagram, but he also barely ever uses social media and probably never followed them in the first place.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1817 » by jbk1234 » Wed May 22, 2024 1:55 pm

toooskies wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:I just don't want Green back from the Rockets and I bet that is who they dangle. I guess we shall see if anyone reputable starts floating stuff.

Cavs definitely ask for Whitmore and Eason before Green. Green has shown for three years that he's a volume guy but not efficient, even in the context of a pretty good team otherwise. He can be offloaded to Detroit or Brooklyn or Utah in some other deal.

I think you off load him when the deal is consummated, or don't make the deal at all. It's his last year on a rookie contract.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
toooskies
Assistant Coach

Post#1818 » by toooskies » Wed May 22, 2024 1:57 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
toooskies wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I think you off load him when the deal is consummated, or don't make the deal at all. It's his last year on a rookie contract.

You probably trade Green first. Offloading him for a pick in this draft is probably the best way to save some face.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#1819 » by JonFromVA » Wed May 22, 2024 3:33 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
toooskies wrote:

Probably not but one thing i read that made sense to me was maybe Klutch wanted to guarantee Mitchell didn't extend, by leaking that.

Yeah, the only angle I see would be to make sure that Donovan knows that Darius isn't happy and if he was planning to extend because he likes playing with Darius, then those thoughts would be scuttled. He gets traded and the team either becomes Darius's or the Cavs get frustrated with the whole thing and trade 'em both. :roll:

otoh, the Cavs are likely dangling handing the franchise and a max contract with whatever terms he wants over to Don, and that may trump any and all other thoughts he may have.

And then if he really wants to continue playing with DG, his first test of leadership would be work out whatever issues Darius is having with him or the team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1820 » by jbk1234 » Wed May 22, 2024 3:49 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
toooskies wrote:The rumor mongers are convinced he will extend. Klutch wouldn't have floated the Garland trade conversation if Mitchell was likely to leave.

Yeah, the only angle I see would be to make sure that Donovan knows that Darius isn't happy and if he was planning to extend because he likes playing with Darius, then those thoughts would be scuttled. He gets traded and the team either becomes Darius's or the Cavs get frustrated with the whole thing and trade 'em both. :roll:

otoh, the Cavs are likely dangling handing the franchise and a max contract with whatever terms he wants over to Don, and that may trump any and all other thoughts he may have.

And then if he really wants to continue playing with DG, his first test of leadership would be work out whatever issues Darius is having with him or the team.

Unlike the Allen situation, this is salvageable so long as both Mitchell and Darius are open to salvaging it. Whether the Cavs should try to salvage it without both Allen and Mobley playing behind that back court is an open question and probably somewhat dependent on the return they get for Allen and Garland's market.
cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers