Moderator: ijspeelman

Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,276

Re: Trade Ideas - Part 2 

Post#1801 » by Yuri Vaultin » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:52 pm

mup wrote:
Yuri Vaultin wrote:I would think that a trade with the Bucks for Sanders and Ilyasova would be ideal for both teams. The defense of Sanders, LeBron and Wiggins would be great with Ersan and Irving help spread the floor with 3's. Milwaukee would be looking to get out of both those contracts so I could see the under-rated value going to the Cavs for minimal cost so Milwaukee can develop their younger players. I would also see it as a better team need filling move for the Cavs than trading all your assets for Love.

Any thoughts?
Sure. I like those players but what's the price? What do you propose would be the trade?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I am not necessarily proposing anything other than that I see a good fit between 2 teams looking to make a deal. I have no idea what value the Bucks place on either Ilyasova or Sanders, although after last season I would think a liability.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#1802 » by Dupp » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:23 pm

mup wrote:
TheKingofSting wrote:I would-be fine with signing Allen and calling it an offseason. That team is still good enough to win the East.
If you're good enough to win the east, you're good enough to win it all.

That's not true at all.
mup
Veteran
And1: 556

Post#1803 » by mup » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:44 am

Dupp wrote:
mup wrote:
TheKingofSting wrote:I would-be fine with signing Allen and calling it an offseason. That team is still good enough to win the East.
If you're good enough to win the east, you're good enough to win it all.

That's not true at all.
Sure it is.

Dupp
RealGM

Post#1804 » by Dupp » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:18 am

Miami won the east last year and were no where near winning it all so..
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#1805 » by TheKingofSting » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:23 am

Just wake me up when Love is here Dupp.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
antistrat
Pro Prospect
And1: 412

Post#1806 » by antistrat » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:26 am

Dupp wrote:Miami won the east last year and were no where near winning it all so..

Old legs abound. But they were 3 wins from a title. If the Spurs don't put Diaw in the starting lineup who knows what would've happened... more games would've looked like Game 2.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1807 » by Dupp » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:43 am

If the spurs were all cripples who knows what would have happened .... Miami wasnt close. You are right about old legs though
brent_strong
Sophomore
And1: 151

Post#1808 » by brent_strong » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:47 am

Dupp wrote:Miami won the east last year and were no where near winning it all so..

The Spurs were by far the worst possible matchup for Miami, and even after 2 games it looked like Miami had the upper hand. If any other team came out of the west it would have been a much closer series and very likely gone to Miami.
antistrat
Pro Prospect
And1: 412

Post#1809 » by antistrat » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:13 am

Dupp wrote:If the spurs were all cripples who knows what would have happened .... Miami wasnt close. You are right about old legs though

Games 1 and 2 were close. In fact, Miami led both games when James was on the floor. If it wasn't for the AC shenanigans the Heat could've went back to Miami up 2-0. So if the Spurs kept doing what they were doing in the first two games, they probably would've lost the series. That's why Pop made a lineup change in Game 3 - he didn't like what he saw in Games 1 and 2.

So people don't realize that while San Antonio may have won going away, the two teams were near even when the series began, possibly even with a slight advantage to Miami since they outplayed the Spurs through the first two games. So.. it was a little bit closer than you're appreciating - if Pop doesn't have a moment of inspiration one night to start Diaw, the outcome would've been different.
SwishMaster90
Junior
And1: 152

Post#1810 » by SwishMaster90 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:37 pm

brent_strong wrote:

The Spurs were by far the worst possible matchup for Miami, and even after 2 games it looked like Miami had the upper hand. If any other team came out of the west it would have been a much closer series and very likely gone to Miami.

The Spurs would have been the worst possible matchup for any team. There efficiency on offense was surreal. One of the best Ive seen and no team could beat a team so in sync in shooting. Plus you have Pop to smart out. A recipe for a disaster for the old Heat.
canguy20m
Assistant Coach
And1: 442

Post#1811 » by canguy20m » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:14 pm

any way to trade for Kobe Bryant ?

Kobe/Lebron/K.Love

then add D.Nowitzki
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#1812 » by Temuhjan » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:44 pm

SwishMaster90 wrote:The Spurs would have been the worst possible matchup for any team. There efficiency on offense was surreal. One of the best Ive seen and no team could beat a team so in sync in shooting. Plus you have Pop to smart out. A recipe for a disaster for the old Heat.

Well said. And this all started with the deepest bench in the world which is what we should be replicating here. James + Wiggins + Irving + deepest bench in the world = 2 championships

Forget about Love.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,170

Post#1813 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:11 pm

canguy20m wrote:any way to trade for Kobe Bryant ?

Kobe/Lebron/K.Love

then add D.Nowitzki

Since the only player in the league who would be traded for Kobe on his current contract is Amare, I'm not sure the Knicks have the assets to get LBJ and K. Love.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
SwishMaster90
Junior
And1: 152

Post#1814 » by SwishMaster90 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Temuhjan wrote:
SwishMaster90 wrote:The Spurs would have been the worst possible matchup for any team. There efficiency on offense was surreal. One of the best Ive seen and no team could beat a team so in sync in shooting. Plus you have Pop to smart out. A recipe for a disaster for the old Heat.

Well said. And this all started with the deepest bench in the world which is what we should be replicating here. James + Wiggins + Irving + deepest bench in the world = 2 championships

Forget about Love.

And they had diaw who was a surprise in the post season. He was basically a walking double double. Actually we need a passing team. This will keep the ball moving and this could be our recipe for great success. I already see Blatt working this in his offense!
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#1815 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:37 am

I wouldn't want Kobe.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
canguy20m
Assistant Coach
And1: 442

Post#1816 » by canguy20m » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:15 am

TheKingofSting wrote:I wouldn't want Kobe.

why not ? if it works out would be key addition.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#1817 » by Temuhjan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:25 am

canguy20m wrote:

He is just saying on behalf of Charlotte. :lol:

On a more serious note, I admire Kobe as a player, but I believe Wiggins has a much brighter future ahead of him vis-a-vis the Great Kobe Bryant.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1818 » by Dupp » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:33 am

canguy20m wrote:

Kobe is an overpaid cripple move on.
OhioGuy216
Junior
And1: 227

Post#1819 » by OhioGuy216 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Dupp wrote:
canguy20m wrote:

Kobe is an overpaid cripple move on.

I have never and will never like Kobe. His attitude sucks (cost them a good FA or 10 along the way) and anybody can average 20+ ppg when you chuck up 30 shots a game.

He still needs to send Shaq a thank you card for those first three titles.
Mr Sixer
Banned User
And1: 459

Post#1820 » by Mr Sixer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:36 pm

antistrat wrote:
Dupp wrote:If the spurs were all cripples who knows what would have happened .... Miami wasnt close. You are right about old legs though

Games 1 and 2 were close. In fact, Miami led both games when James was on the floor. If it wasn't for the AC shenanigans the Heat could've went back to Miami up 2-0. So if the Spurs kept doing what they were doing in the first two games, they probably would've lost the series. That's why Pop made a lineup change in Game 3 - he didn't like what he saw in Games 1 and 2.

So people don't realize that while San Antonio may have won going away, the two teams were near even when the series began, possibly even with a slight advantage to Miami since they outplayed the Spurs through the first two games. So.. it was a little bit closer than you're appreciating - if Pop doesn't have a moment of inspiration one night to start Diaw, the outcome would've been different.

Lame excuse

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers