ImageImageImage

Tank Success!! Special shoutout to the Lakers and Magic!

Moderator: ijspeelman

TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Tank Success!! Special shoutout to the Lakers and Magic! 

Post#1 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Nov 4, 2012 5:12 am

Okay, it's unlikely that the Lakers will continue to suck, but I can dream can't I?

On track to go 0-82 Woo hoo, lol

I had almost completely forgotten to root for them to be terrible this year.

I guess I should relabel this the worst of the Lakers or Heat pick watch. But I'm pretty sure that it will be the Lakers. If that changes, we'll change the title.

edited thread title - B Mac
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
DelontesLip
Junior
And1: 9

Re: Laker pick watch 

Post#2 » by DelontesLip » Sun Nov 4, 2012 7:09 am

I doubt it would come to this but is it also lottery protected?
IMHO
Junior
And1: 24

Post#3 » by IMHO » Sun Nov 4, 2012 12:29 pm

It's lottery protected yeah.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Nov 4, 2012 1:39 pm

Dang, just can't win for losing
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#5 » by B Mac » Sun Nov 4, 2012 2:13 pm

There are conflicting reports on whether it is lotto protected or not. RealGM swears that its protected, but Ben and co. at RCF got confirmation from the Cavs front office that its not.

Regardless, lets hope this isnt a jinx thread. :)
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Nov 4, 2012 3:48 pm

It can't be a jinx, I'm already stating that the Lakers just can't continue to suck (fingers crossed). I mean, they can get younger and more athletic. Heck all they really need to do is stop being so lazy getting back on defense.
DelontesLip
Junior

Post#7 » by DelontesLip » Sun Nov 4, 2012 4:40 pm

While we're at it let's hope Sacremento does make the playoffs. We could really use that pick as well this year
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#8 » by BossHoggin » Tue Nov 6, 2012 6:03 am

DelontesLip wrote:While we're at it let's hope Sacremento does make the playoffs. We could really use that pick as well this year

That pick is going to turn into 2nds, they are cursed.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,070

Post#9 » by tidho » Tue Nov 6, 2012 9:14 pm

I'd rather have them get their act together and win the title.
DelontesLip
Junior

Post#10 » by DelontesLip » Tue Nov 6, 2012 10:15 pm

tidho wrote:I'd rather have them get their act together and win the title.

As an 8th seed of course :wink:
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#11 » by B Mac » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:36 am

:)
LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#12 » by LoveThemCavs » Thu Nov 8, 2012 6:39 am

Ok, I won't get too excited. They have too much talent on that team to stay down like this, but they do have Mike Brown coaching. What are the specifics of this pick? Lottery protected? How can the Cavs capitalize on this pick? I follow the team close, but I am unaware of the draft pick specifics. What are the Kings and Heat picks as well while I'm at it. I want to infuse as much talent as we can with these young guys.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Nov 8, 2012 6:41 am

no way can anyone blame the Lakers issues on Brown. They have been scoring enough to win, but what I saw is that all you have to do is run and them and you'll get easy baskets. You can't win that way.
DelontesLip
Junior

Post#14 » by DelontesLip » Thu Nov 8, 2012 7:24 am

LoveThemCavs wrote:Ok, I won't get too excited. They have too much talent on that team to stay down like this, but they do have Mike Brown coaching. What are the specifics of this pick? Lottery protected? How can the Cavs capitalize on this pick? I follow the team close, but I am unaware of the draft pick specifics. What are the Kings and Heat picks as well while I'm at it. I want to infuse as much talent as we can with these young guys.

The Lakers and Heat pick are one and the same. We get the better of the two picks and the Lakers take the later pick of the two. Sacremento I believe is top 14 protected this year
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#15 » by Dupp » Thu Nov 8, 2012 9:55 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:no way can anyone blame the Lakers issues on Brown. They have been scoring enough to win, but what I saw is that all you have to do is run and them and you'll get easy baskets. You can't win that way.

All their "fans" are though. Every game, "FIRE MIKE BROWN!" None of them are even mentioning the players playing like **** and not giving any effort to get back in transition.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Nov 8, 2012 1:21 pm

Dutuctive Depp wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:no way can anyone blame the Lakers issues on Brown. They have been scoring enough to win, but what I saw is that all you have to do is run and them and you'll get easy baskets. You can't win that way.

All their "fans" are though. Every game, "FIRE MIKE BROWN!" None of them are even mentioning the players playing like **** and not giving any effort to get back in transition.

Those idiots were saying they wanted him fired last season before he'd even coached a game.
BossHoggin
General Manager
And1: 571

Post#17 » by BossHoggin » Thu Nov 8, 2012 7:02 pm

Dutuctive Depp wrote:

Same type of people who said Fire Spoelstra last year.

Kobe/Dwight/LeBron/etc is too good to be at fault, it is the role player and coach's fault.
Heat3Peat wrote:See this is why it's nice being a LeBron fan, no super hard allegiance to a team so there is no up and down emotions with me during a time like this.
DelontesLip
Junior

Post#18 » by DelontesLip » Fri Nov 9, 2012 6:23 pm

Hopefully there is some more stumbling now that the coaching seat is in transition. A Kings win over the Lakers on Sunday too would be very nice
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Nov 9, 2012 8:12 pm

They might actually play much better for a moment. Strangely enough that's what teams often do. That said, this team has too much talent to be playing this bad and that's not Browns fault. Blaming it on the Princeton offense is just stupid. Most teams hardly even run offenses most of the time. Basketball is fairly simple unless you overthink it. Dribble, pass, shoot, move with out the ball and play defense. Brown was just scapegoated to take the pressure off all those underperforming hall of famers.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#20 » by Dupp » Fri Nov 9, 2012 9:43 pm

Lol if they hire pringles they're gonna be firing two coaches in one season. Hope it's just a disaster year for them

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers