ImageImageImage

Around the NBA

Moderator: ijspeelman

big_ticket
Analyst
And1: 208

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#261 » by big_ticket » Sun Aug 3, 2014 5:41 am

PG24 done..looks like the east are very favorable to lebron and the cavs 8-)
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#262 » by TheKingofSting » Sun Aug 3, 2014 6:51 am

The Pacers are **** next season. They should trade West to a contender.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#263 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Wed Aug 6, 2014 3:03 pm

johnnyballgame wrote:
Heat3Peat wrote:Unfortunately it had to happen in a way that it did, but looks like Pacers aren't going to be much of an issue in the East or even central division this year.

I feel for PG, that's so unfortunate to see happen.

I personally hope he does whatever's best for himself long term.
But the bones will be healed in two months maximum - likely less with plates and screws assisting, he'll be walking around for a month before running and then jumping in 4-6 months. There's a good possibility he could be back this year if he and the Pacers really wanted him to be.

If all the reports are true that there were no complications other than broken bones this injury looked a lot worse than it turned out to be.

Ouch it looked nasty. Never going to see the hoops that close with NBA players again.

Even if he comes back in 4-6 months somehow, you actually think he is going to be the same? With as traumatic of injury there is definitely reason to think getting to his old self will take some time. He will likely have to fight the mental comeback as much as the physical. Ask Derrick Rose on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#264 » by Cassius » Wed Aug 6, 2014 10:59 pm

TheKingofSting wrote:The Pacers are **** next season. They should trade West to a contender.

Funny,

I was thinking that a three way deal with the Pistons could really help out both franchises and likely a third, looking to contend

Pacers get signed and traded Greg Monroe to pair with Hibbert and reopen the window for the future.

Pistons get young asset/cap relief from contender > Terrence Jones from Houston, maybe?

Contender (Houston) gets David West.

Thoughts?
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
fart
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#265 » by fart » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:12 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1340643

This is why I don't make threads on the GB anymore. After having the thread open for almost a whole day with no problems, a mod comes and locks it with no heads up or reason why it was locked.
SargentBargs101 wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:what the heck is an Ebanks?

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#266 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:32 am

Cassius wrote:
TheKingofSting wrote:The Pacers are **** next season. They should trade West to a contender.

Funny,

I was thinking that a three way deal with the Pistons could really help out both franchises and likely a third, looking to contend

Pacers get signed and traded Greg Monroe to pair with Hibbert and reopen the window for the future.

Pistons get young asset/cap relief from contender > Terrence Jones from Houston, maybe?

Contender (Houston) gets David West.

Thoughts?

I like it for all teams involved.

fart
Assistant Coach

Post#267 » by fart » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:04 am

tsherkin. Worst mod on this forum. Looks for any excuse to lock any thread I make on GB. Apparently that thread belongs on the PC thread. Absoloutly ridiculous.
SargentBargs101 wrote:

The remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electronic delivery channels. There you go bud :D
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#268 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:12 am

Schedule tomorrow night!

OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#269 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:33 pm

fart wrote:tsherkin. Worst mod on this forum. Looks for any excuse to lock any thread I make on GB. Apparently that thread belongs on the PC thread. Absoloutly ridiculous.

At least you can post on the GB lol. That silly rule they have means I am too new to post on there for awhile. Instead I am resorted to going to a team's board to discuss things, but if you don't give an H J to their players you get called a troll and baiting. I showed some reasons why Rose isn't that much better than Irving on the Bulls board in a thread about the Cavs and Bulls and the mods came running in to warn and threaten me even though I was having perfectly reasonable discussion with a few fun-natured ribbings.

Far too many Mods get too power trippy. Not all, but many do.
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#270 » by johnnyballgame » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Heat3Peat wrote:
fart wrote:tsherkin. Worst mod on this forum. Looks for any excuse to lock any thread I make on GB. Apparently that thread belongs on the PC thread. Absoloutly ridiculous.

At least you can post on the GB lol. That silly rule they have means I am too new to post on there for awhile. Instead I am resorted to going to a team's board to discuss things, but if you don't give an H J to their players you get called a troll and baiting. I showed some reasons why Rose isn't that much better than Irving on the Bulls board in a thread about the Cavs and Bulls and the mods came running in to warn and threaten me even though I was having perfectly reasonable discussion with a few fun-natured ribbings.

What's the point of all that power if you can't abuse it? Just kidding mods.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#271 » by TheKingofSting » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:43 am

The Knicks are going down!

KI-DW-TT-AB
Veteran
And1: 2,309

Post#272 » by KI-DW-TT-AB » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:46 am

TheKingofSting wrote:The Knicks are going down!

they can get lower?
#FreeGuwop
antistrat
Pro Prospect
And1: 412

Post#273 » by antistrat » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:10 am

Heat3Peat wrote:At least you can post on the GB lol. That silly rule they have means I am too new to post on there for awhile. Instead I am resorted to going to a team's board to discuss things, but if you don't give an H J to their players you get called a troll and baiting...

Well said. Top grades all around for posting this observation.
KI-DW-TT-AB
Veteran
And1: 2,309

Post#274 » by KI-DW-TT-AB » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:45 am

antistrat wrote:
Heat3Peat wrote:At least you can post on the GB lol. That silly rule they have means I am too new to post on there for awhile. Instead I am resorted to going to a team's board to discuss things, but if you don't give an H J to their players you get called a troll and baiting...

Well said. Top grades all around for posting this observation.

who the hell wants a HJ anyway?

that **** was undesirable since the middle school.
#FreeGuwop
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#275 » by TheKingofSting » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Heat3Peat wrote:

You are not missing much bruh!

B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#276 » by B Mac » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:46 pm

During a promotional event, James Harden declared himself the best all-around player in the NBA.

"I'm the best all-around basketball player in the NBA," said Harden.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... In-The-NBA

I found this to be hilarious. We will have at least 2 players on our own team who are clearly better than Harden. I guess there's a lot to be said for having confidence.
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#277 » by TheKingofSting » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:02 am

Harden has lost his mind.

fart
Assistant Coach

Post#278 » by fart » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:41 am

How soon until we are the most hated team on realgm? we were probably already top 5 most hated on here before the season even ended (how this board had so much hate for a lottery team, I have no idea). You take an already hated team and turn it into a powerhouse in one offseason and you could have the all-time most hated team on realgm ever :lol:
SargentBargs101 wrote:

fart
Assistant Coach

Post#279 » by fart » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:05 am

Also, I think Tristan should start at center next to Love. There is not many great 7 foot centers in the NBA so I don't think him giving up a few inches every now and again will be a problem on most nights. Save Varejao to about 28 MPG.
SargentBargs101 wrote:

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#280 » by Dupp » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:30 am

I think we will be playing a lot of small ball lineups with love and TT as the front court. Offensively it'll be great and it'll force a lot of teams to go small to try match us.

But yes varejaos minutes have to be limited. I'd even say 25 per game max. Has there even been ant talk from our camp about the possibility of him having restricted minutes?

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers