ImageImageImage

What's next for the Cavs? Follow up moves & Roster talk.

Moderator: ijspeelman

improvisor
Rookie
And1: 430

Re: What's next for the Cavs? Follow up moves & Roster talk. 

Post#641 » by improvisor » Wed Sep 3, 2014 12:18 am

I rather have him than Ray Allen at this point. I honestly think Ray Allen is signing with the spurs and he's 39. Wayne is younger and can play decent d.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#642 » by RSCD3_ » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:19 am

improvisor wrote:http://fansided.com/2014/09/01/cleveland-cavaliers-rumors-cavs-interested-javale-mcgee/

I dunno how I feel about this....

I think McGee has the same problem as waiters has, that people over exaggerate his shortcomings

Everyone though that DeAndre Jordan was just a big guy who couldn't put imprint on the game because he was a dummyand couldn't learn to play in a system and then doc rivers took a hold of him and his impact on the defensive end rose dramatically ( third in DPOY voting )

Javale McGee can have a similar impact with higher free throw percentage and added height

If blatt gets JaVale McGee and he improves like Jordan did, then the defense improves tremendously and a dynasty is born, if I were griffin I would trade for him because even if he didn't improve much , he would still help lessen lebrons defensive responsibilities.

THere's too much to gain imo
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#643 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Sep 3, 2014 2:38 am

I don't think JaVale will ever get it.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
guwop
Banned User
And1: 31

Post#644 » by guwop » Wed Sep 3, 2014 3:11 am

no, javale's problem is that he lacks basketball IQ, which isn't same as general IQ, I think he's an okay guy, he's not stupid, he's just basketball stupid.
improvisor
Rookie

Post#645 » by improvisor » Wed Sep 3, 2014 4:13 am

Mcgee would be nice if we didn't have to give up anyone significant to get him. He makes 11.1 million and we don't have the players we are willing to give up to match that. I seriously think we wait and see who okafor picks when he gets healthy.
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#646 » by crazy_me_87 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 12:19 pm

Mcgee

hmm i would take him.. but how we are going to get him?

give up Thompson? or Waiters along with our Utah Contracts?

i would rather not
improvisor
Rookie

Post#647 » by improvisor » Thu Sep 4, 2014 6:32 pm

http://www.nba.com/raptors/stiemsma_090414

Stiemsma off the market. I didn't think we was looking at him anyways.
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#648 » by TheKingofSting » Fri Sep 5, 2014 1:37 am

I am glad we passed on Stiemsma.

johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#649 » by johnnyballgame » Sat Sep 6, 2014 8:49 pm

How big of a problem will the defense be?

Will Kirk get some minutes?
He blocked 3.3 shots a game in college last year, though certainly not against NBA caliber comp.
Thompson averaged a block a game in far less minutes as a rookie. Can he get back to that number and even improve on it with far better teaching around him (not just coaches) and not having any real offensive responsibilities this season?

Certainly, Lebron brings better defense, Love and Kyrie should have the drive to compete harder on that end but they have no room to go except up. Marion still offers plus defense. Varejao is a good defender with great hustle. The rebounding will be awesome. At least in Europe Blatt has been incredible at finding flaws in other teams and devising plans to slow them down. One would think he should be capable of making adjustments in games and definitely in a series. Mike Brown definitely lacked there.

With Blatts faster paced push the ball style, what is the typical game score going to be?

Just wondering what the other opinions are on this..
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
NBA Fiend
Senior
And1: 212

Post#650 » by NBA Fiend » Sat Sep 6, 2014 9:44 pm

I am not nor do I profess to be an insider as a matter of fact I'm on the outside looking in and once bledsoe signs the qo is there any other alternative but for the suns to trade him for waiters. So is it a straight swap or do the suns get a little sugar on top?
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#651 » by Dupp » Sat Sep 6, 2014 10:28 pm

Suns get nothing and can keep bledsoe
improvisor
Rookie

Post#652 » by improvisor » Sat Sep 6, 2014 10:30 pm

NBA Fiend wrote:I am not nor do I profess to be an insider as a matter of fact I'm on the outside looking in and once bledsoe signs the qo is there any other alternative but for the suns to trade him for waiters. So is it a straight swap or do the suns get a little sugar on top?

I won't trade waiters for Bledsoe. Bledsoe hasn't put up good stats for a full season yet. Before last year he was a nobody. Plus he's still a pg with very limited play making ability.this guy has tunnel vision when driving to the hoop, something not easily fixed. I've seen this guy throw the ball to a opponent player without a teammate in sight plenty of times not only last season but his whole career even in college. He was never worth the max and he will still demand it eventually. I won't say he's a bad player because he's not but for a pg that has limited court vision that wants the max eventually isn't what this team needs. We need a 2 if we give up waiters.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
NBA Fiend
Senior

Post#653 » by NBA Fiend » Sat Sep 6, 2014 10:39 pm

I guess this all hinges on what Lebron wants. If he really wants him in Cleveland it shall be so. Lebron just tells bledsoe to sign the qo. Then Lebron tells dan to make it happen much like he is the godfather and then it happens.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#654 » by Dupp » Sat Sep 6, 2014 11:57 pm

He makes our team worse, hes overrated, he doesn't fit with our team and he's gonna be really over payed. We've already got 3 max contracts basically, he makes no sense for this team.
improvisor
Rookie

Post#655 » by improvisor » Sun Sep 7, 2014 2:35 am

Dupp wrote:He makes our team worse, hes overrated, he doesn't fit with our team and he's gonna be really over payed. We've already got 3 max contracts basically, he makes no sense for this team.

He's overrated by fans. Look at parsons, he was restricted but yet Dallas took him from Houston for a lot more money than he's worth. Why hasn't any team done the same with bledsoe? Why is the Suns reluctant to give him more than 48m? They even know that's overpaying for him. If teams wanted him because they believe he is a great future star that deserves the max or more than 44m they would of sign him to a offer sheet when teams had cap left. But yet he got no offers. Half a year of not sucking out of 2 and a half and the other half of the year you was hurt doesn't make you a must have player.

If the cavs get him for ungaruanteed contracts then I'm all over it. Haywood's contract not included in the deal. Sun fans might hate it but in all honestly that's how bad we need a soon to be overpaid backup point guard at this point. We don't.

improvisor
Rookie

Post#656 » by improvisor » Sun Sep 7, 2014 3:29 am

Amico also provided some insight into the health of Brendan Haywood:

Yes, (he's in) GREAT shape. I think he's gonna be the rim protector the Cavs need, to be Frank.

http://www.fearthesword.com/2014/9/5/61 ... -was-toxic

TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#657 » by TrueStoryGSW » Sun Sep 7, 2014 3:41 pm

Sick artwork.
NBA Fiend
Senior

Post#658 » by NBA Fiend » Mon Sep 8, 2014 12:20 am

TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#659 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Sep 8, 2014 2:26 am

I thin we are good until the trade deadline.

Dupp
RealGM

Post#660 » by Dupp » Mon Sep 8, 2014 2:51 am

You'd have to be mentally ill to make that trade. Our back court would be awful.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers