ImageImageImage

What's next for the Cavs? Follow up moves & Roster talk.

Moderator: ijspeelman

CAVS ARE BACK
Sophomore
And1: 91

Re: What's next for the Cavs? Follow up moves & Roster talk. 

Post#661 » by CAVS ARE BACK » Mon Sep 8, 2014 3:48 am

NBA Fiend wrote:Is this Lebrons end game?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nvh9ejp

If you weren't trolling I'd want to know how you could possibly rationalize this.
CAVS ARE BACK
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#662 » by CAVS ARE BACK » Mon Sep 8, 2014 3:49 am

He's a Suns fan, so it all makes sense why he is irrational towards Bledsoe's value.
improvisor
Rookie
And1: 430

Post#663 » by improvisor » Mon Sep 8, 2014 5:03 am

NBA Fiend wrote:Is this Lebrons end game?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nvh9ejp

Keep dreaming!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
NBA Fiend
Senior
And1: 212

Post#664 » by NBA Fiend » Mon Sep 8, 2014 5:10 am

I am saying if Lebron wants Bledsoe he shall have him. If Bledsoe signs the QO then the Cavs could trade Waiters for him straight up. Or Lebron can wait untill next year and just have him sign in Cleveland. I do not think Irving being involved happens in a rationale world but this is the kings world and we are all just living here. Lebron gets who he wants,what he wants, when he wants, where he wants. How, you may ask. Simply because he is the king. Its good to be king and by god Cleveland deserves a championship, so if Lebron is going to win a championship somewhere it might as well be Cleveland.

And if you think I am a dellusional Suns fan think about this, many Suns fans fell Isiah Thomas and Irving are on the same level. They will even show you stats to support their theory. In my personal opinion if the Suns could get Waiters out of Bledsoe they should consider themselves lucky. So we all shall witness what Lebron wants us to wintess.
improvisor
Rookie

Post#665 » by improvisor » Mon Sep 8, 2014 10:54 pm

NBA Fiend wrote:I am saying if Lebron wants Bledsoe he shall have him. If Bledsoe signs the QO then the Cavs could trade Waiters for him straight up. Or Lebron can wait untill next year and just have him sign in Cleveland. I do not think Irving being involved happens in a rationale world but this is the kings world and we are all just living here. Lebron gets who he wants,what he wants, when he wants, where he wants. How, you may ask. Simply because he is the king. Its good to be king and by god Cleveland deserves a championship, so if Lebron is going to win a championship somewhere it might as well be Cleveland.

And if you think I am a dellusional Suns fan think about this, many Suns fans fell Isiah Thomas and Irving are on the same level. They will even show you stats to support their theory. In my personal opinion if the Suns could get Waiters out of Bledsoe they should consider themselves lucky. So we all shall witness what Lebron wants us to wintess.

Bledsoe to me is a point guard and will backup Irving. I like Thomas and Dragic way more than Bledsoe and so does the Suns. Those are the only players I be willing to get for Waiters. value wise is not good for the suns so it will never happen. Bledsoe isn't a bad player but he's overrated right now. A rational suns fan should agree he's not a max player because he hasn't shown much more than potential to be a very good player. I believe Waiters have shown more in his 2 years than Bledsoe's half year plus he's not injury prone and is 6'4 so he's more suited to play the 2. I honestly will let bledsoe sign the QO and play him til he gets traded if he doesn't then let him go to a different team. I would start Thomas he's the better player that is near Irving in value and as a player and Dragic as well is a keeper that has proven he can do this for more than a season and again around Irving in value. Thomas at point and Dragic at the 2 is way better than Bledsoe and Dragic imo. Bledsoe is a good defender but again we don't need him at the 1 and I don't think the Suns need him either unless it's on the bench which will happen when he signs the qo.

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,178

Post#666 » by jbk1234 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 7:02 pm

Enough with the Bledsoe craziness. Trading for Bledsoe addresses no current need and doesn't solve the there's-only- one-basketball problem. Is Bledsoe suppose to come off the bench for us? In a contract year? How much do the Cavs pay Bledsoe next year and why are we giving a away a year of a rookie contract? Is Bledsoe a better defender than Waiters? This is inane.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#667 » by gflem » Tue Sep 9, 2014 10:27 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Enough with the Bledsoe craziness. Trading for Bledsoe addresses no current need and doesn't solve the there's-only- one-basketball problem. Is Bledsoe suppose to come off the bench for us? In a contract year? How much do the Cavs pay Bledsoe next year and why are we giving a away a year of a rookie contract? Is Bledsoe a better defender than Waiters? This is inane.

But...but...but... if Lebron wants him..............LOL.
improvisor
Rookie

Post#668 » by improvisor » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:04 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Enough with the Bledsoe craziness. Trading for Bledsoe addresses no current need and doesn't solve the there's-only- one-basketball problem. Is Bledsoe suppose to come off the bench for us? In a contract year? How much do the Cavs pay Bledsoe next year and why are we giving a away a year of a rookie contract? Is Bledsoe a better defender than Waiters?This is inane.

He is better at defense than Waiters but I will argue that he's not great at guarding 2's. So the need for him isn't important.

I didn't read anything about LeBron wanting him.

improvisor
Rookie

Post#669 » by improvisor » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:08 am

http://hoopshabit.com/2014/09/09/cleveland-cavaliers-julyan-stone-project/

"Which is exactly why reports have surfaced that the Cavaliers are scheduled to workout Julyan Stone, formerly of the Denver Nuggets and Toronto Raptors."

We would of been better off with Cherry imo.

TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#670 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:21 pm

NBA Fiend wrote:I am saying if Lebron wants Bledsoe he shall have him. If Bledsoe signs the QO then the Cavs could trade Waiters for him straight up. Or Lebron can wait untill next year and just have him sign in Cleveland. I do not think Irving being involved happens in a rationale world but this is the kings world and we are all just living here. Lebron gets who he wants,what he wants, when he wants, where he wants. How, you may ask. Simply because he is the king. Its good to be king and by god Cleveland deserves a championship, so if Lebron is going to win a championship somewhere it might as well be Cleveland.

I think you grossly overvalue Bledsoe, but more importantly, I don't see anywhere where LeBron wanted Bledsoe.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#671 » by No-Man » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:57 pm

Trading for Bledsoe does adress the need for defense in the perimeter
And if the price is Waiters, a pick and some unguaranteed contracts, you should do it.
Bledsoe has shown that he can play with anothe rscoring point this year, and in UK, the IRving-bledsoe thing will work.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,178

Post#672 » by jbk1234 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Fischella wrote:Trading for Bledsoe does adress the need for defense in the perimeter
And if the price is Waiters, a pick and some unguaranteed contracts, you should do it.
Bledsoe has shown that he can play with anothe rscoring point this year, and in UK, the IRving-bledsoe thing will work.

Bledsoe wouldn't be just sharing the ball with Irving. He'd be sharing the ball with Irving, LBJ, and Love. This is about the worst thing the Cavs could do.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#673 » by gflem » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:01 pm

Fischella wrote:Trading for Bledsoe does adress the need for defense in the perimeter

No thanks. I would much rather see how Waiters fits than trade him for Bledsoe, let alone adding anything else.
kiwibrindle
Starter
And1: 80

Post#674 » by kiwibrindle » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:34 pm

Anyone see some of the FIBA games? Saw a few centers that would not be horrible. Thoughts on any of these guys that looked ok as a 15th guy on the roster at this point ?

Andray Blatche his still a FA unsigned that can ball
Miroslav Raduljica is slower but tuff inside he was waivered by the clippers and available
Aron Baynes is just a big body defender but a 15th spot type of guy

Still think another center is a need
improvisor
Rookie

Post#675 » by improvisor » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:50 pm

kiwibrindle wrote:Anyone see some of the FIBA games? Saw a few centers that would not be horrible. Thoughts on any of these guys that looked ok as a 15th guy on the roster at this point ?

Miroslav Raduljica is slower but tuff inside he was waivered by the clippers and available

Blatche will go overseas before getting paid the minimum, Rad defense isn't good to be the rim protector we need. Baynes is just a 15 spot guy we won't use. I rather see what Kirk and Powell can do instead.

TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#676 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:52 am

Blatche should be smart here.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
improvisor
Rookie

Post#677 » by improvisor » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:01 am

Actually I might be wrong about Blatche. I was thinking it was him but it isn't the right guy that wouldn't play for the minimum. Now I'm searching to find out who said that.

SocialGhetto
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#678 » by SocialGhetto » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:23 am

kiwibrindle wrote:Anyone see some of the FIBA games? Saw a few centers that would not be horrible. Thoughts on any of these guys that looked ok as a 15th guy on the roster at this point ?

Miroslav Raduljica is intriguing to me, i like his offensive game and he's got an NBA body, plus he just seems like a rad dude, there's just something about him that makes me smile, he's not a great defender and I know that's what we need most but I'd actually like to bring him in and see if he can develop into what we want him to be. He kinda reminds me of Vucevic or Pekovic, similiar mold and game.

I know it's not a perfect fit but i like him for chemistry and I'd rather take a flyer on him developing into what we need than Kirk or Powell, both of whom I really don't see an NBA future for. I think with the right Tutelage Joe Harris will probably stick around the league, he kinda has some Redick in him but that's probably it from this draft. Plus he's older and more skilled right now than either Kirk or Powell. I'd rather bring in guys who could potentially contribute immediately, or at least are more likely to contribute immediately, in case of injury.

Anyways, that's just one man's opinion, take it with a grain of salt. but man there's just something about that guy.
crazy_me_87
Analyst
And1: 1,877

Post#679 » by crazy_me_87 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:31 pm

Luis Amundson is strongly tied to the Cavs in Hoopshype rumors.. not sure how close anything is

always liked the guys heart... plays hard.. tough guy
SocialGhetto
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#680 » by SocialGhetto » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:04 am

crazy_me_87 wrote:Luis Amundson is strongly tied to the Cavs in Hoopshype rumors.. not sure how close anything is

always liked the guys heart... plays hard.. tough guy

Louis the Vampire might actually be a really good fit as a hustle guy off the bench. I've resigned myself to the fact that the rim protector we so desire just might not be out there right now so I'd rather focus on energy/defensive-in-other-areas big men with NBA experience (though I've already talked about my irrational love for Miroslav) or one real discernible skill, like rebounding or man defense or you know, someone with a rep for playing good weakside help. Gotta find those diamonds in the rough, with our team we obviously won't have to lean on them. That said, I trust Griffin to find us a pro.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers