ImageImageImage

What's up with Dion?

Moderator: ijspeelman

Cavs1017
Banned User
And1: 503

Re: What's up with Dion? 

Post#41 » by Cavs1017 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:49 pm

PCProductions wrote:I don't think I've ever felt a player need a bad team as much as Dion does. Put this dude on a tanking/developing team and it would be heaven for him.

he needs it for his overall development... put him on a bad team and let him put up great stats & have him physically develop his game... then have him get tired of losing which would prepare him to play winning ball...
Theitaliangame
Junior
And1: 160

Post#42 » by Theitaliangame » Mon Dec 1, 2014 11:55 pm

The worst thing about Dion is his body language. He sulks a lot and sags his shoulders when things aren't going his way. He's got a bad aura about him and seems to lose motivation quickly. He acts like a child out there and needs to be a lot more professional. His offensive game is just a mess. He takes a lot of long range, low percentage two point shots, doesn't utilize the mid range game enough and doesn't know how to maximize his scoring opportunity. He seems like he just wants to go out there and shoot long range shots like he's practicing by himself in the summer. He needs to watch some tape and sharpen up his handles, also. He's been called for carrying and traveling violations on several drives this year and has been stripped of the ball.

His play is inexcusable for a player in this stage of his career. Cavs should trade him while he still has some trade value left. He's a hot, hot mess.
Cavs1017
Banned User

Post#43 » by Cavs1017 » Tue Dec 2, 2014 12:14 am

Theitaliangame wrote:The worst thing about Dion is his body language. He sulks a lot and sags his shoulders when things aren't going his way. He's got a bad aura about him and seems to lose motivation quickly. He acts like a child out there and needs to be a lot more professional. His offensive game is just a mess. He takes a lot of long range, low percentage two point shots, doesn't utilize the mid range game enough and doesn't know how to maximize his scoring opportunity. He seems like he just wants to go out there and shoot long range shots like he's practicing by himself in the summer. He needs to watch some tape and sharpen up his handles, also. He's been called for carrying and traveling violations on several drives this year and has been stripped of the ball.

His play is inexcusable for a player in this stage of his career. Cavs should trade him while he still has some trade value left. He's a hot, hot mess.

lol wat...
Zenith
Senior
And1: 1,553

Post#44 » by Zenith » Tue Dec 2, 2014 3:32 pm

Cavs1017 wrote:
Theitaliangame wrote:The worst thing about Dion is his body language. He sulks a lot and sags his shoulders when things aren't going his way. He's got a bad aura about him and seems to lose motivation quickly. He acts like a child out there and needs to be a lot more professional. His offensive game is just a mess. He takes a lot of long range, low percentage two point shots, doesn't utilize the mid range game enough and doesn't know how to maximize his scoring opportunity. He seems like he just wants to go out there and shoot long range shots like he's practicing by himself in the summer. He needs to watch some tape and sharpen up his handles, also. He's been called for carrying and traveling violations on several drives this year and has been stripped of the ball.

lol wat...

Bro spoke the truth thats what, though the team shouldn't trade him right now, value is too low as he's better then he's been playing.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#45 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue Dec 2, 2014 5:52 pm

Cavs1017 wrote:
PCProductions wrote:I don't think I've ever felt a player need a bad team as much as Dion does. Put this dude on a tanking/developing team and it would be heaven for him.

he needs it for his overall development... put him on a bad team and let him put up great stats & have him physically develop his game... then have him get tired of losing which would prepare him to play winning ball...

Put him on a bad team and it would just reinforce the bad habits he already has. He'd turn into Ricky Davis. Yeah, he's been stripped but that's the most idiotic argument I've ever heard, anyone who goes to the basket gets stripped. The bad thing is that he doesn't get fouls called for him almost every no matter how much contact.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
King Stannis
Pro Prospect
And1: 518

Post#46 » by King Stannis » Thu Dec 4, 2014 7:42 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:
Cavs1017 wrote:

Put him on a bad team and it would just reinforce the bad habits he already has. He'd turn into Ricky Davis. Yeah, he's been stripped but that's the most idiotic argument I've ever heard, anyone who goes to the basket gets stripped. The bad thing is that he doesn't get fouls called for him almost every no matter how much contact.

The Refs are not inclined to reward poor behavior. He doesn't get calls because he is a malcontent. If he had a great attitude and worked hard, he'd get more calls.
Bend the knee.

TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#47 » by TheOUTLAW » Thu Dec 4, 2014 12:02 pm

To be honest, I've never seen him not work hard. In fact both Kyrie and LeBron are more likely to coast in a game.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#48 » by Narf » Thu Dec 4, 2014 6:47 pm

ThirdEyeSharp wrote:All this "Kyrie needs to be a PG first" stuff is bs. Kyrie is not that guy, Kyrie needs to put pressure on defenses with his scoring then look to others.

More like Kyrie needs to give the ball to LBJ and Love, 2 better offensive players.
ThirdEyeSharp
Junior
And1: 36

Post#49 » by ThirdEyeSharp » Thu Dec 4, 2014 7:10 pm

Narf wrote:
ThirdEyeSharp wrote:All this "Kyrie needs to be a PG first" stuff is bs. Kyrie is not that guy, Kyrie needs to put pressure on defenses with his scoring then look to others.

More like Kyrie needs to give the ball to LBJ and Love, 2 better offensive players.

Kyrie has the highest offensive rating on the team and most win shares. And wait for it....

WAIT FOR IT....

LeBron leads the team in USG by 7 points over Kyrie. LeBron has the ball a lot more than Kyrie.
ThirdEyeSharp
Junior
And1: 36

Post#50 » by ThirdEyeSharp » Thu Dec 4, 2014 8:12 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:To be honest, I've never seen him not work hard. In fact both Kyrie and LeBron are more likely to coast in a game.

That's a damn lie. This dude is the poster child for not getting back on defense after thinking he got fouled.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,070

Post#51 » by tidho » Thu Dec 4, 2014 8:51 pm

ThirdEyeSharp wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:To be honest, I've never seen him not work hard. In fact both Kyrie and LeBron are more likely to coast in a game.

That's a damn lie. This dude is the poster child for not getting back on defense after thinking he got fouled.

I'm not sure which of the three you're talking about, lol.

I think Waiters has put in pretty solid effort. There have been times that he's sulked too, it was probably worst when he was out there with the last 4 guys on the bench on one of the blowout wins 3 or 4 games ago. The group was out there together about ten minutes and he was less and less interested as the time ticked down. Seems his ego and confidence go hand and hand. He's in a bit of a tailspin with his play deteriorating each time he's knocked down a peg.

Now that Love is back on track maybe Dion's recovery will hit the staff's radar.
Theitaliangame
Junior

Post#52 » by Theitaliangame » Sat Dec 6, 2014 7:33 pm

I've gotta give Dion credit for showing more motivation the last two games, but I still see him taking a lot of long range two point shots. Those are the worst shots in basketball and it's what he mostly shoots. He'd be a lot better scorer if he implemented a mid range game and didn't settle for so many long twos.
Theitaliangame
Junior

Post#53 » by Theitaliangame » Sat Dec 6, 2014 7:34 pm

ThirdEyeSharp wrote:

true. Varejao is probably the worst on the cavs at this. He's always talking to the refs.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,147

Post#54 » by jbk1234 » Mon Dec 8, 2014 1:03 am

King Stannis wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:
Cavs1017 wrote:he needs it for his overall development... put him on a bad team and let him put up great stats & have him physically develop his game... then have him get tired of losing which would prepare him to play winning ball...

The Refs are not inclined to reward poor behavior. He doesn't get calls because he is a malcontent. If he had a great attitude and worked hard, he'd get more calls.

That's a dubious assertion.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
King Stannis
Pro Prospect

Post#55 » by King Stannis » Mon Dec 8, 2014 6:13 am

jbk1234 wrote:
King Stannis wrote:
TheOUTLAW wrote:

Not really. I'd wager 66% of the fans of his own team don't like the guy. His reputation around the league is poor to say the least.
Bend the knee.

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,147

Post#56 » by jbk1234 » Mon Dec 8, 2014 9:55 pm

King Stannis wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
King Stannis wrote:

Not really. I'd wager 66% of the fans of his own team don't like the guy. His reputation around the league is poor to say the least.

I just don't think Waiters would get more calls if he improved his attitude.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
King Stannis
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by King Stannis » Tue Dec 9, 2014 12:20 am

jbk1234 wrote:
King Stannis wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I just don't think Waiters would get more calls if he improved his attitude.

It certainly wouldn't hurt.
Bend the knee.

King Stannis
Pro Prospect

Post#58 » by King Stannis » Tue Dec 9, 2014 12:27 am

mr4rthqrtr wrote:
King Stannis wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

You would lose that bet, I don't see how any cavs fan that watched last year could hate waiters, he played great in the second half of the season filled in for KI while he was hurt and a lot of times looked like he was the only one who cared if we won or last year while everyone else had already given up/ quit of the team. This is dion third coach in three years he spent a lot of time trying to change his game just to be benched. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if dion wanted traded to a better more stable franchise. The cavs have done nothing to help the kid.

A man responds to adversity by working hard and taking control of his situation. A child pouts and is petulant. The Cavs owe nothing to him and are certainly under no obligation to mollycoddle him because he is unhappy over some imagined slight.

I have seen young men excel under more stress and under far more adverse and lethal conditions than anything Dion has ever seen. The notion that professional athletes must be babied is utter nonsense. He gets no sympathy from me and if he wants to throw a pity party then that only demonstrates that he is ill-suited for a contending team. Man up or get out.

Until he grows up, he will never meet his great promise.
Bend the knee.

Cavs1017
Banned User

Post#59 » by Cavs1017 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:06 pm

King Stannis wrote:
mr4rthqrtr wrote:
King Stannis wrote:
You would lose that bet, I don't see how any cavs fan that watched last year could hate waiters, he played great in the second half of the season filled in for KI while he was hurt and a lot of times looked like he was the only one who cared if we won or last year while everyone else had already given up/ quit of the team. This is dion third coach in three years he spent a lot of time trying to change his game just to be benched. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if dion wanted traded to a better more stable franchise. The cavs have done nothing to help the kid.

A man responds to adversity by working hard and taking control of his situation. A child pouts and is petulant. The Cavs owe nothing to him and are certainly under no obligation to mollycoddle him because he is unhappy over some imagined slight.

I have seen young men excel under more stress and under far more adverse and lethal conditions than anything Dion has ever seen. The notion that professional athletes must be babied is utter nonsense. He gets no sympathy from me and if he wants to throw a pity party then that only demonstrates that he is ill-suited for a contending team. Man up or get out.

Until he grows up, he will never meet his great promise.

Agreed but that's just the society we live in, it's soft, way too soft.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers