Safe to say this was a great trade.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Re: Dion Waiters Traded for JR Smith and Iman Shumpert 

Post#83 » by RSCD3_ » Mon Feb 2, 2015 9:19 pm

Everyone was calling this a terrible trade and that griffin needed to be fired

What changed: Wins
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#84 » by Dupp » Mon Feb 2, 2015 11:40 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:Everyone was calling this a terrible trade and that griffin needed to be fired

To be fair I think that was before we knew we got the pick and some of us even thought we'd be sending out the pick so that changes a lot.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,172

Post#85 » by jbk1234 » Wed Feb 4, 2015 6:57 am

RSCD3_ wrote:Everyone was calling this a terrible trade and that griffin needed to be fired

With all due respect to JR and Shump, Mozgov. Mozgov changed everything.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#86 » by RSCD3_ » Wed Feb 4, 2015 2:44 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

With all due respect to JR and Shump, Mozgov. Mozgov changed everything.

I kind of consider this all as one trade.I guess knowing only half the story in the first part is what the reactions were based on.
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Zman80000
Sophomore
And1: 306

Post#87 » by Zman80000 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:31 pm

ClashCityRocker wrote:This move reminds me of lebron's first go-around with the cavs. No thought put into how pieces fit together, it's almost as if Cleveland just goes for the biggest names that can be had regardless of how they fit into a system. (Shaq, Pollard, Szczerbiak, Snow, Ben Wallace...)

Mozgov - Great fit for need and has changed how the defense works and is performing. eFG% of 55.6%
J.R. Smith - Good fit shooting 52.1% on 2's vs. his career average of 46.9%. Down on 3P% at 36.2% vs. career of 37.0%. eFG% of 53.5%.
Shump - Has helped the defense and is making 3's at a good rate 40% vs. his career average of 34.5%. eFFG% of 61.5% is really good.

The fit so far of the Waiters and Mozgov trades has been great, nothing like the 1st LBJ go around trades.
Mozgov is averaging 10 and 8 and 1.6 blocks, he is exactly what the Cavs needed for a Center that was obtainable.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#88 » by TheKingofSting » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:47 am

It seems like the pieces fit pretty well so far.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Post#89 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:13 am

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but this won't end well for you guys. Shumpert's shooting numbers will inevitably come down to his level of skill, which isn't high, and JR will implode come playoff time. I'm not trolling - just calling it like I see it.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#90 » by Dupp » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:31 am

FirePjax wrote:Hate to be the bearer of bad news but this won't end well for you guys. Shumpert's shooting numbers will inevitably come down to his level of skill, which isn't high, and JR will implode come playoff time. I'm not trolling - just calling it like I see it.

Yeah I expect shumps shooting to come back to earth but as long as his defense remains the same I'm happy.

As for J R, his role is so minor, especially compared to in New York so it won't be a huge issue. Shoot open thees and try on defense and that's all he has to do.
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst

Post#91 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:18 pm

PrincessDupp wrote:
FirePjax wrote:Hate to be the bearer of bad news but this won't end well for you guys. Shumpert's shooting numbers will inevitably come down to his level of skill, which isn't high, and JR will implode come playoff time. I'm not trolling - just calling it like I see it.

Yeah I expect shumps shooting to come back to earth but as long as his defense remains the same I'm happy.

As for J R, his role is so minor, especially compared to in New York so it won't be a huge issue. Shoot open thees and try on defense and that's all he has to do.

Hope you're right - I'm rooting for the cavs. The problem is JR has a tendency to want to shoot a lot, and with Shumpert sometimes it's like you're playing 4 on 5 on offense. I see them as weak links, but hopefully your team is strong enough in other areas so that you can win a championship regardless..
Dupp
RealGM

Post#92 » by Dupp » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:25 pm

Well we still lack depth but if we can get some I wouldn't mind keeping both guys for the right price.

J.R has pulled back his shot attempts lately as he was taking a lot at first. Time will tell. I've always kinda liked him even though he's an idiot.
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst

Post#93 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:34 pm

Anybody need tonight's lottery numbers?
ohio
Starter
And1: 2,322

Post#94 » by ohio » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:37 am

FirePjax wrote:

cmon it's 2 games...
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,172

Post#95 » by jbk1234 » Fri May 1, 2015 6:09 am

JR is officially one screw up from Johnny Football status.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
McKenna
Rookie
And1: 1,117

Post#96 » by McKenna » Sun May 24, 2015 10:54 am

Dion was never going to fit in with this group. His ego overtook his skill set long before the King made his way back into town.
BoutPractice
Senior
And1: 540

Post#97 » by BoutPractice » Thu May 28, 2015 10:44 pm

And now the Cavs' titles chances pretty much rest on those two acquisitions that even Cavs fans were confused about...

Funny how things sometimes work out.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#98 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat May 30, 2015 10:41 am

FirePjax wrote:

I don't think that the suspension did anything to verify your previous comment if anything his play has done way more to prove you wrong. I've seen more elbows thrown etc this playoffs that went uncalled that it's ridiculous. This was just a penalty for previous acts.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers