ImageImageImage

Depth Chart and minutes?

Moderator: ijspeelman

dragula15
Junior
And1: 293

Depth Chart and minutes? 

Post#1 » by dragula15 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:04 am

Curious outsider here - how the hell do you give minutes to all player your team has acquired?

I'm trying to allocate minutes for 2k15 but I'd like a fan perspective on what you guys think your rotation and minutes could look like for 15-16

I guess its something like:

Kyrie Irving-34/Mo Williams-14
Iman Shumpert-23/Matt Dellavedova-12/J.R. Smith-5/Mo Williams-8
LeBron James-31/J.R. Smith-17
Kevin Love-32/Tristan Thompson-13/LeBron James-3
Timofey Mozgov -25/Anderson Varejao-12/Tristan Thompson-11

Harris, Jones, R-Jeff and *Kaun* get spot minutes or injury insurance/matchup minutes.

Of course I don't know how Varejao factors in really, if he'll even contribute, or will be mascot again this year, it would spread out minutes across the main guys if he didn't play and just becomes an injury replacement:

Kyrie Irving-35/Mo Williams-13
Iman Shumpert-18/Matt Dellavedova-15/J.R. Smith-5/Mo Williams-10
LeBron James-24/J.R. Smith-18/Iman Shumpert-6
Kevin Love -33/Tristan Thompson-4/LeBron James-11
Timofey Mozgov-26/Tristan Thompson-22

What's your take?
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,070

Re: Depth Chart and minutes? 

Post#2 » by tidho » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:58 am

Right now I'm using a nine man rotation with TT, Jefferons, JR and Mo getting minutes off the bench. Delly and Andy I'll occasionally sub in manually, Kaun is still in an inactive slot waiting to actually be brought on.

I think the key is that guys are going to get a lot of days off this year.
dragula15
Junior

Post#3 » by dragula15 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:31 am

tidho wrote:Right now I'm using a nine man rotation with TT, Jefferons, JR and Mo getting minutes off the bench. Delly and Andy I'll occasionally sub in manually, Kaun is still in an inactive slot waiting to actually be brought on.

I think the key is that guys are going to get a lot of days off this year.

Yeah I guess that's a good point. I don't see one player, even if 100% health playing more than 70, 75 games.

Delly and Mo could essentially job-share, as could Mozgov/Andy, as could Jefferson/Jones.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#4 » by No-Man » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am

Likely

Irving, 32minpg, Williams, 18minpg
Shumpert, 22minpg, Dellavedova, 18minpg, Harris
James, 32minpg, Smith, 22minpg, Jones
Love, 32minpg, Thompson, 22minpg, Jefferson
Mozgov, 24minpg, Varejao, 18minpg, Kaun

The rest, not really seen the floor, unless injuries, important to sign Kaun in case Andy goes down.
No idea if you will sign Pointer or not, my guess is that you keep a spot open just in case, TPEs.
thomas1897
Junior
And1: 86

Post#5 » by thomas1897 » Sat Aug 1, 2015 3:37 pm

The Cavaliers will have the big three back but what happens to the remainder the Cavaliers bench; the evaluation process of players who are non productive should be removed. Additional wing player who can score and provide some rest for the King (James) is very important. Is Mike Miller JR Smith, James Jones or who will be that individual to be ready for the job. Anderson Varejão, Kendrick Perkins and Brendan Haywood too much of the same type of player. The Cavalier management has to make some decisions and add the best complementary players that it can to produce a good balance team. No matter the time of season playoffs or regular season, this is essential to making thi9s team a champion not a very good team with the best player in all basketball with two young superstars and some good to mediocre alternates.
thomas1897
Junior
And1: 86

Post#6 » by thomas1897 » Sat Aug 1, 2015 3:40 pm

The Cavaliers will have the big three back but what happens to the remainder the Cavaliers bench; the evaluation process of players who are non productive should be removed. Additional wing player who can score and provide some rest for the King (James) is very important. Is Mike Miller JR Smith, James Jones or who will be that individual to be ready for the job. Anderson Varejão, Kendrick Perkins and Brendan Haywood too much of the same type of player. The Cavalier management has to make some decisions and add the best complementary players that it can to produce a good balance team. No matter the time of season playoffs or regular season, this is essential to making this team a champion not a very good team with the best player in all basketball with two young superstars and some good to mediocre alternates.
dragula15
Junior

Post#7 » by dragula15 » Sun Aug 2, 2015 11:12 pm

thomas1897 wrote:The Cavaliers will have the big three back but what happens to the remainder the Cavaliers bench; the evaluation process of players who are non productive should be removed. Additional wing player who can score and provide some rest for the King (James) is very important. Is Mike Miller JR Smith, James Jones or who will be that individual to be ready for the job. Anderson Varejão, Kendrick Perkins and Brendan Haywood too much of the same type of player. The Cavalier management has to make some decisions and add the best complementary players that it can to produce a good balance team. No matter the time of season playoffs or regular season, this is essential to making this team a champion not a very good team with the best player in all basketball with two young superstars and some good to mediocre alternates.

Miller and Haywood were traded to Portland and Perkins signed with New Orleans.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#8 » by jcsunsfan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:16 pm

OK. Just a simple question. How do you justify paying max money PLUS huge salary cap dollars to your back up pf who will get no more than 22 minutes a game?
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,070

Post#9 » by tidho » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:11 am

jcsunsfan wrote:OK. Just a simple question. How do you justify paying max money PLUS huge salary cap dollars to your back up pf who will get no more than 22 minutes a game?

1) Tristan hasn' been given the max.
2) by 'salary cap dollars' I assume you mean cap penalties, and Gilbert doesn't care so you shouldn't either.
3) He'll get more than 22 minutes a game.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#10 » by Dupp » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:19 am

jcsunsfan wrote:OK. Just a simple question. How do you justify paying max money PLUS huge salary cap dollars to your back up pf who will get no more than 22 minutes a game?

Championship.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,167

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:06 pm

We can't that's while we'll be trading him to the Suns for Markieff and Tucker.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers