Post#4 » by JujitsuFlip » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:04 am

Dinwiddie said the Nets couldn't wait to dunk on Allen lol
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 860

Re: Game 74: Cavs @ Nets 3/21/2023 

Post#5 » by ijspeelman » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:00 am

While I didn't love the play down the stretch, solid win. Lets do it again Thursday
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,398

Post#6 » by JonFromVA » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:34 pm

In the playoffs the Nets would gain confidence from their finish and try to pick up where they left off in game #2, whereas the Cavs would need to prove they were just coasting to the win and can still shut the Nets down when they want to.

Both teams will have that chance on Thursday thanks to the back to back scheduling.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#7 » by ijspeelman » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:23 pm

JonFromVA wrote:In the playoffs the Nets would gain confidence from their finish and try to pick up where they left off in game #2, whereas the Cavs would need to prove they were just coasting to the win and can still shut the Nets down when they want to.

Both teams will have that chance on Thursday thanks to the back to back scheduling.

I've been enjoying these little mini-series as a teaser for the playoffs. In all honesty, I would say we've been eh in them so finishing out this little series with the Nets would make more confident going in. The Nets are one of those teams we hate to play against; they have lots of three point shooters and very long wing defenders. We are lucky their only overly positive creator is Dinwiddie (I'm just going to ignore Ben Simmons existence right now) because this team would be really dangerous with two more.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,398

Post#8 » by JonFromVA » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:45 pm

ijspeelman wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:In the playoffs the Nets would gain confidence from their finish and try to pick up where they left off in game #2, whereas the Cavs would need to prove they were just coasting to the win and can still shut the Nets down when they want to.

I've been enjoying these little mini-series as a teaser for the playoffs. In all honesty, I would say we've been eh in them so finishing out this little series with the Nets would make more confident going in. The Nets are one of those teams we hate to play against; they have lots of three point shooters and very long wing defenders. We are lucky their only overly positive creator is Dinwiddie (I'm just going to ignore Ben Simmons existence right now) because this team would be really dangerous with two more.

Very true, the Nets might very well give us some trouble if they could keep a PG on the floor for 48 minutes. Dinwiddie has done well in the role for them, but should probably be a secondary ball handler.

fwiw, the goal in the playoffs when you go on the road is to win one, so, in that sense it's already mission accomplished .vs. the Nets and same for Miami. On the micro scale, of course we'd like to see our coach making the adjustments and the Cavs improving in the 2nd game, but that's being a little greedy considering where we're at in the process.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#9 » by ijspeelman » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:53 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
ijspeelman wrote:

Very true, the Nets might very well give us some trouble if they could keep a PG on the floor for 48 minutes. Dinwiddie has done well in the role for them, but should probably be a secondary ball handler.

fwiw, the goal in the playoffs when you go on the road is to win one, so, in that sense it's already mission accomplished .vs. the Nets and same for Miami. On the micro scale, of course we'd like to see our coach making the adjustments and the Cavs improving in the 2nd game, but that's being a little greedy considering where we're at in the process.

I didn't really think about how all of these mini-series have been away from home so we can take those. Our home versus away records are insane in their disparity. I hope we can find someway to fix this next year because then we are looking at a potential 55-60 win season.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers