ImageImageImage

2023 Playoffs Round 1: Cavs (4) / Knicks (5)

Moderator: ijspeelman

jasonxxx102
Veteran
And1: 2,723

Re: 2023 Playoffs Round 1: Cavs (4) / Knicks (5) 

Post#301 » by jasonxxx102 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:59 pm

ijspeelman wrote:Ours bigs also need to get back. The domino effect of our bigs not getting back before theirs is huge.

Props to you. You’re a die hard fan.

I couldn’t take the game. I’d rather watch real basketball.

See y’all next season.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 860

Post#302 » by ijspeelman » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:03 am

jasonxxx102 wrote:
ijspeelman wrote:Ours bigs also need to get back. The domino effect of our bigs not getting back before theirs is huge.

See y’all next season.

I’m close man haha. I feel like I’m obligated to watch their potential final game even if makes me want to pull out my hair.

Only down by 10 at half? Randle reaggravated his ankle injury? Are those positives?
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,102

Post#303 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:05 am

Well, the "others" showed up in the 1st half.

LeVert/Cedi/Okoro go for a combined 28 points on 10-14 FG and 7-9 from deep.

The issue is the core 4 are mia lol
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#304 » by KuruptedCav » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:05 am

ijspeelman wrote:
jasonxxx102 wrote:

See y’all next season.

I’m close man haha. I feel like I’m obligated to watch their potential final game even if makes me want to pull out my hair.

Only down by 10 at half? Is that a positive?

It is considering the Knicks shooting. But to JBK’s point. You win games by scoring more points than your opponent, this team isn’t structured for playoff scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#305 » by ijspeelman » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:06 am

KuruptedCav wrote:
ijspeelman wrote:
jasonxxx102 wrote:

See y’all next season.

It is considering the Knicks shooting. But to JBK’s point. You win games by scoring more points than your opponent, this team isn’t structured for playoff scoring.

Not that I’m impressed with our team right now, but you also win games by preventing the other team from scoring more points than you.
jasonxxx102
Veteran
And1: 2,723

Post#306 » by jasonxxx102 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:12 am

ijspeelman wrote:
jasonxxx102 wrote:

See y’all next season.

Only down by 10 at half? Randle reaggravated his ankle injury? Are those positives?

It was just making me mad and wasn’t worth the negativity. I hope for the best but this series was too much for me
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,187

Post#307 » by jbk1234 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:12 am

KuruptedCav wrote:
ijspeelman wrote:
jasonxxx102 wrote:

See y’all next season.

We're fortunate we're still in striking distance. Neither of these teams is coming back if down by 20.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
TheLand13
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,533

Post#308 » by TheLand13 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:13 am

I don’t want to ever see anyone go down with injuries, but Randle going out could be a major turning point. That takes away their four man big rotation and a lot of their physicality. Cleveland needs to come back big here, but if he misses extended time, that’s a serious matchup advantage gone from the Knicks.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#309 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:30 am

Yeah, wait until the second half of game 5 to try Stevens JB lol
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,187

Post#310 » by jbk1234 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:30 am

I'm glad Stevens finally hit the floor. It's been remarkable watching JBB leave Allen out despite the fact he's clearly exhausted for long stretches at a time.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,504

Post#311 » by afarmenian » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:41 am

Hope this is the nail in coffin for JB, absolutely horrendous series for the Cavs. Lets not forget the play in last year it was a similar result of getting bullied and looking inept on offense.

To me its about as bad as a season as it gets considering the assets given up. handful of wins, made the playoffs and won one game to show for it. I called most of this mid season when the flaws of this team really showed up but its so damn depressing to be right. Mitchell was worse than i ever could have imagined

I will tell you something if Cavs fans think we can run this team back and count on growth you have another thing coming. This team is flawed and needs a major shakeup.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#312 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:47 am

afarmenian wrote:Hope this is the nail in coffin for JB, absolutely horrendous series for the Cavs. Lets not forget the play in last year it was a similar result of getting bullied and looking inept on offense.

To me its about as bad as a season as it gets considering the assets given up. handful of wins, made the playoffs and won one game to show for it. I called most of this mid season when the flaws of this team really showed up but its so damn depressing to be right. Mitchell was worse than i ever could have imagined

I will tell you something if Cavs fans think we can run this team back and count on growth you have another thing coming. This team is flawed and needs a major shakeup.
JB is really bad and if he is fired, upgrading the roster with the MLE, BAE, and TPE should be the first moves. If next season ends similarly then 1 or 2 of the cover 4 need to be moved.

The Mitchell trade was just awful timing wise, Cavs shouldn't be having to decide on who trade out of a 21, 23, and 24 year old. This team wasn't ready to compete but Koby trading 6 first rounders left no other choice.
TheLand13
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,533

Post#313 » by TheLand13 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:49 am

afarmenian wrote:Hope this is the nail in coffin for JB, absolutely horrendous series for the Cavs. Lets not forget the play in last year it was a similar result of getting bullied and looking inept on offense.

I can guarantee you that you did not call Mitchell having consistent playoff struggles. I don’t deny this is a flawed roster, but Mitchell playing to his standards gives us the series lead right now. No one really expected him to be this bad.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#314 » by ijspeelman » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:49 am

TheLand13 wrote:I don’t want to ever see anyone go down with injuries, but Randle going out could be a major turning point. That takes away their four man big rotation and a lot of their physicality. Cleveland needs to come back big here, but if he misses extended time, that’s a serious matchup advantage gone from the Knicks.

It should be but we are not taking advantage and coming back into this game. Still not over yet…
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#315 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:56 am

Why cant we always move the ball like that?
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 243

Post#316 » by cavs4872 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:58 am

Good God, why does the General Board hate the Cavs with a flaming passion? Like borderline toxic.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#317 » by ijspeelman » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:05 am

The shot selection has been suspect by our guards here in the 4th. I understand their want to ignite the crowd and get the momentum going, but they are playing a numbers game and losing.
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,504

Post#318 » by afarmenian » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:07 am

TheLand13 wrote:

I can guarantee you that you did not call Mitchell having consistent playoff struggles. I don’t deny this is a flawed roster, but Mitchell playing to his standards gives us the series lead right now. No one really expected him to be this bad.

I said Mitchell is worse than i ever imagined, so no I did not call that at all, i never imagined he would be this terrible despite not liking the trade throughout the year what sane basketball fan would? I just was never very impressed with this team because of how they played against the top teams in the league.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#319 » by ijspeelman » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:08 am

My NBATV stream is buffering. I think it’s trying to save me
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#320 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:09 am

cavs4872 wrote:Good God, why does the General Board hate the Cavs with a flaming passion? Like borderline toxic.
Hahaha it is BAD over there. Cavs had a really good regular season and people can't stand it.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers