2023-24 Regular Season

Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,205

Re: 2023-24 Regular Season 

Post#1941 » by jbk1234 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:47 am

I want to win a first-round series. I want to win a second-round series. I want to win the ECF and then a Championship. If any of those things means JBB gets another season, I don't really care, and honestly, if we somehow get out of the second round, JBB probably deserves to come back.

I'd rather not play the Knicks in the first round though. The only shot we have is building some confidence throughout the playoffs.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,117

Post#1942 » by JujitsuFlip » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:56 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I want to win a first-round series. I want to win a second-round series. I want to win the ECF and then a Championship. If any of those things means JBB gets another season, I don't really care, and honestly, if we somehow get out of the second round, JBB probably deserves to come back.

I'd rather not play the Knicks in the first round though. The only shot we have is building some confidence throughout the playoffs.
Same. No Knicks for me, please.

Would be cool to win it all. Even a 2021 Hawks type run may provide lots of clarity.

Idk though, it goes back to me not trusting jb.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#1943 » by toooskies » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:49 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I want to win a first-round series. I want to win a second-round series. I want to win the ECF and then a Championship. If any of those things means JBB gets another season, I don't really care, and honestly, if we somehow get out of the second round, JBB probably deserves to come back.

No better way to build confidence than to face your most haunting opponent from last year. (Even if half the roster is different.)
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#1944 » by JujitsuFlip » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:08 pm

toooskies wrote:

No better way to build confidence than to face your most haunting opponent from last year. (Even if half the roster is different.)
I saw Hart had 16 rebs last night, hard pass lol
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1945 » by jbk1234 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:14 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
toooskies wrote:

Yeah, I'm good playing the Knicks after the first round or not at all. I watched that Knicks v. Celtics last night, and although the Celtics weren't playing at full tilt, the Knicks looked even better than last year.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,402

Post#1946 » by JonFromVA » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:47 pm

It doesn't really matter who we face unless we rapidly get healthier and start getting our act together.

Donovan is looking better, but his knee could start acting up again even if JBB doesn't overplay him. If DG was trying to avoid physical contact so he makes it to the playoffs in one piece, well, we should see him playing very differently soon.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#1947 » by JujitsuFlip » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:52 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
toooskies wrote:No better way to build confidence than to face your most haunting opponent from last year. (Even if half the roster is different.)

Yeah, I'm good playing the Knicks after the first round or not at all. I watched that Knicks v. Celtics last night, and although the Celtics weren't playing at full tilt, the Knicks looked even better than last year.
Yeah, i think them playing without Randle actually opens things up.

Idk of Robinson is back to full strength but Hartenstien seems to do fine as the starter.

I guess the only scenario where i would be okay with drawing the Knicks is if it was the difference between the 6 seed and the play-in.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1948 » by jbk1234 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:38 am

The Hornets are going make us work for an L tomorrow. Might have to hope that Thibs can't help himself and the Knicks actually want the 2nd seed.

Read on Twitter
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#1949 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:02 pm

Your Cleveland Cavaliers!Image

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers