jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,374

Re: Game 2: Thunder @ Cavs 10/27/2023 

Post#41 » by jbk1234 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:15 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:I know you're against the idea but even if he refuses to work on a middie, at least Mobley can learn to take and make 3s.

Yeah, putting a guy like Mobley out at 3 point line is dumb. Opposing defenses will live with that all day. You think Claxton or Chet are following him out there? Maybe you get a wing out there on him, but I suspect everyone helps off him and you lose all the value that comes with having him closer to the basket in terms of rebounding.
I mean if he could get to Marc Gasol or Brook Lopez level, they would have no choice but to go out there, i think it's a fantastic idea.

If those 2 guys can do it who were thought of has traditional back to the basket bigs I don't see why not.

If Mobley will never attempt 3s with any kind of respectable volume or efficiency then he will have to be paired with a Gasol, Lopez, or Ibaka type guy for the entirety of his career, if he wants to find any level of success.

Even if you could pair him with Turner, I don't know why people think elite shot blockers would be assigned to the guy out at the 3 point line. The opposing team gets a vote and they're not putting their elite shot blocker on the stretch big, they'll assign him to Mobley.

There are things Mobley can do on offense against that type of defender if he can't shoot and the defender won't play up on him. He can be the focal point for hockey assists at 12-15 feet. He can work with TT and develop the ability to set an effective screen. He can learn how to seal off guys like Claxton and Chet so at least his teammates have a clean look at the rim. Then he can spend next summer working on a midrange shot and maybe be the player we want him to be.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers