Moderator: ijspeelman

Iwasawitness
Starter
And1: 2,810

Re: Game 4: Knicks @ Cavs 10/31/2023 

Post#61 » by Iwasawitness » Wed Nov 1, 2023 8:09 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:After the lull, I'm ready for stint #3 because it will obviously come with playoff success, even with a 40 year old LeBron.

I cannot stress this enough: I would rather keep Mitchell than ever take back LeBron. And I say this as someone who came out of the closet as a Bronsexual: keep him as far away from the team as possible.
Mitchell doesn't wanna be here, i think we all would prefer he extends and is a Cav through the entirety of us owing picks to the Jazz, just doesn't seem to be in the cards.

I'm fine with LeBron coming back, it will be his shortest stint for sure.

I don’t know if I agree with Mitchell not wanting to be here. It’s complicated. The extended amounts of effort he gives on the floor paints a different story. It’s night and day compared to Utah. We know he was unhappy there. And looking back, it showed through his play.

Maybe he does prefer to be in New York and honestly, I’d be willing to bet money on that. But I don’t think it means he doesn’t want to be here.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,102

Post#62 » by JujitsuFlip » Wed Nov 1, 2023 8:27 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
I cannot stress this enough: I would rather keep Mitchell than ever take back LeBron. And I say this as someone who came out of the closet as a Bronsexual: keep him as far away from the team as possible.
Mitchell doesn't wanna be here, i think we all would prefer he extends and is a Cav through the entirety of us owing picks to the Jazz, just doesn't seem to be in the cards.

I don’t know if I agree with Mitchell not wanting to be here. It’s complicated. The extended amounts of effort he gives on the floor paints a different story. It’s night and day compared to Utah. We know he was unhappy there. And looking back, it showed through his play.

Maybe he does prefer to be in New York and honestly, I’d be willing to bet money on that. But I don’t think it means he doesn’t want to be here.
It's all just verbiage, at the end of the day he won't be in CLE, frame it however you see fit, the outcomes are identical.
Iwasawitness
Starter

Post#63 » by Iwasawitness » Wed Nov 1, 2023 8:39 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Mitchell doesn't wanna be here, i think we all would prefer he extends and is a Cav through the entirety of us owing picks to the Jazz, just doesn't seem to be in the cards.

It's all just verbiage, at the end of the day he won't be in CLE, frame it however you see fit, the outcomes are identical.

I sure hope that's the case.

JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,397

Post#64 » by JonFromVA » Wed Nov 1, 2023 8:58 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:Just so everyone is aware, Allen and Garland are out again tonight. Levert is questionable. So unless Mitchell has himself a 50+ point performance, Cleveland is really going to start this season 1-4.
I don't think Mitchell should even attempt that, tbh.

I think Mitchell should, and I’m surprised you don’t want him to. His trade stock needs to be as high as possible. He’s already shown improved effort defensively, but now is really the time to show that he actually can carry a franchise. I want Mobley to be more involved but let’s be honest, he’s not doing much against Robinson. The mismatch in weight and strength is just insane. Mitchell needs to show just how great of a player he can truly be.

Well, I think what we can all agree is that we don't want to see Don go off against the Knicks and then head right back to the injured list because we overplayed him on a back to back.

Ideally what we want out of Donovan is to see his processing improve. Hitting hard shots is always going to be hard, but reading the defense and making the right decision can become second nature. I want to see him pick apart the Knick's defense. If we lose the game because the guys on the floor can't finish the plays, so be it.

I think in the long-run that would be more meaningful than watching him carry us to a win off of a 50+ performance - which I would certainly enjoy quite a bit - as long as he doesn't break something.
Iwasawitness
Starter

Post#65 » by Iwasawitness » Wed Nov 1, 2023 9:15 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:I don't think Mitchell should even attempt that, tbh.

I think Mitchell should, and I’m surprised you don’t want him to. His trade stock needs to be as high as possible. He’s already shown improved effort defensively, but now is really the time to show that he actually can carry a franchise. I want Mobley to be more involved but let’s be honest, he’s not doing much against Robinson. The mismatch in weight and strength is just insane. Mitchell needs to show just how great of a player he can truly be.

Well, I think what we can all agree is that we don't want to see Don go off against the Knicks and then head right back to the injured list because we overplayed him on a back to back.

Ideally what we want out of Donovan is to see his processing improve. Hitting hard shots is always going to be hard, but reading the defense and making the right decision can become second nature. I want to see him pick apart the Knick's defense. If we lose the game because the guys on the floor can't finish the plays, so be it.

I think in the long-run that would be more meaningful than watching him carry us to a win off of a 50+ performance - which I would certainly enjoy quite a bit - as long as he doesn't break something.

What about breaking the hearts of New York fans? I’d be all for that.

JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,397

Post#66 » by JonFromVA » Wed Nov 1, 2023 11:07 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:

What about breaking the hearts of New York fans? I’d be all for that.

I don't get that Yankees fan vibe from Knicks fans and at this point they're far more long suffering than Cavs fans. Maybe I'm just not going the wrong places on the internet, but I never felt they rubbed our noses in that playoff drubbing any more than we deserved. :lol:

Even the Wizards, Wizards media, and Wizards fans were more annoying back in the day and they couldn't even beat us outside of the regular season.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers