ImageImageImage

Game 6: Cavs @ Pacers 11/3/2023

Moderator: ijspeelman

JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,266

Re: Game 6: Cavs @ Pacers 11/3/2023 

Post#41 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:11 am

toooskies wrote:LeVert has been our best 3-point shooter on the year. That shot was fine.
Situational coaching.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,423

Post#42 » by JonFromVA » Mon Nov 6, 2023 3:56 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
ijspeelman wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Also, obviously the game was blacked out on LP but on IG tons of people were roasting JB for taking a timeout to kill our own momentum. Guy is terrible at situational basketball.

Guy next to me at the game said smart timeout, as in “best to slow it down and plan out the final few minutes.” He sold me on that as we had 4 timeouts remaining.

Though, after the timeout we probably made one or two shots (and one was Mobley’s putback). I do think we got some nice looks, but odd turnovers and missed cost us.

I think the bigger timeout issue was not calling it around the 30-50 second mark where Mitchell drove it up and we ended up not scoring.
Yeah they referenced both.

I just don't think it's ever wise to kill your own momentum.

But yeah, i heard he botched the end of the game by forcing the ball to LeVert instead of Mitchell.

I think the fans are ready for a new voice, just please not Luke Walton.

Well, I suppose that depends if you've played your guys too many minutes without a break and they're gasping for air AND the other team isn't. Can't say I noticed. It would make a difference if we executed better out of timeouts.

Anyway, speaking from the future, sometimes you've just got to let a game go due to circumstances. Being back at full strength is not always a good thing right away.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,266

Post#43 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Nov 6, 2023 5:52 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
ijspeelman wrote:
Guy next to me at the game said smart timeout, as in “best to slow it down and plan out the final few minutes.” He sold me on that as we had 4 timeouts remaining.

Though, after the timeout we probably made one or two shots (and one was Mobley’s putback). I do think we got some nice looks, but odd turnovers and missed cost us.

I think the bigger timeout issue was not calling it around the 30-50 second mark where Mitchell drove it up and we ended up not scoring.
Yeah they referenced both.

But yeah, i heard he botched the end of the game by forcing the ball to LeVert instead of Mitchell.

Well, I suppose that depends if you've played your guys too many minutes without a break and they're gasping for air AND the other team isn't. Can't say I noticed. It would make a difference if we executed better out of timeouts.

Anyway, speaking from the future, sometimes you've just got to let a game go due to circumstances. Being back at full strength is not always a good thing right away.
I read an article that said Stephen Spiro told him to take the timeout. If that is the case then kudos to JB for finally once in his life listening to someone outside of himself lol
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,423

Post#44 » by JonFromVA » Mon Nov 6, 2023 7:23 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Yeah they referenced both.

I read an article that said Stephen Spiro told him to take the timeout. If that is the case then kudos to JB for finally once in his life listening to someone outside of himself lol

Or maybe Spiro is asserting himself or maybe someone is just making sure we know that we're monitoring player fatigue and doing something about it; either way, glad to hear that.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers