Re: Game 62: Cavs @ Hawks 3/6/2024 

Post#2 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:21 am

That's a wild starting 5!
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,096

Post#3 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:11 am

Lol if that back to back doesn't sum up the Cavs' season, idk what would.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,184

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 1:23 pm

I've been less critical than others of JBB, but it was obvious by the second quarter that neither Garland nor Allen had anything left in the tank. That really should've been a game where the bench got heavy minutes and you just lived with the results.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,660

Post#5 » by toooskies » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:29 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I've been less critical than others of JBB, but it was obvious by the second quarter that neither Garland nor Allen had anything left in the tank. That really should've been a game where the bench got heavy minutes and you just lived with the results.

Well, then you'd have missed Allen's streaky run in the 3rd quarter where he really turned it on and brought us back. He did play 37 minutes, but the alternative was more Damian Jones. (Four more games till TT is back.)

Garland only played 32 minutes and CPJ was waiting to get into the game with 4 minutes left, but there weren't any game stoppages until it was out of hand. Not sure if he was going to sub for Garland or just get a second ballhandler out there.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,184

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 5:05 pm

toooskies wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I've been less critical than others of JBB, but it was obvious by the second quarter that neither Garland nor Allen had anything left in the tank. That really should've been a game where the bench got heavy minutes and you just lived with the results.

Well, then you'd have missed Allen's streaky run in the 3rd quarter where he really turned it on and brought us back. He did play 37 minutes, but the alternative was more Damian Jones. (Four more games till TT is back.)

Garland only played 32 minutes and CPJ was waiting to get into the game with 4 minutes left, but there weren't any game stoppages until it was out of hand. Not sure if he was going to sub for Garland or just get a second ballhandler out there.

If your team is short handed and your key players are visibily exhausted in the first half, just play the bench and take the L. You're likely to lose anyway and the risk of injury isn't worth it. If you want to bring Garland and Allen back in with 5 minutes left to steal the game, okay.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,660

Post#7 » by toooskies » Thu Mar 7, 2024 7:19 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
toooskies wrote:

If your team is short handed and your key players are visibily exhausted in the first half, just play the bench and take the L. You're likely to lose anyway and the risk of injury isn't worth it. If you want to bring Garland and Allen back in with 5 minutes left to steal the game, okay.

I don't think you do that against the Hawks.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,397

Post#8 » by JonFromVA » Thu Mar 7, 2024 7:31 pm

toooskies wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
toooskies wrote:Well, then you'd have missed Allen's streaky run in the 3rd quarter where he really turned it on and brought us back. He did play 37 minutes, but the alternative was more Damian Jones. (Four more games till TT is back.)

I don't think you do that against the Hawks.

Like I said in the other thread, this isn't rocket science, it's not advanced math or statistics, it's biomechanics and physics.

If the Cavs really wanted to keep firing up 3pters, they could have brought in some fresher players to do that. Damian can shoot a 3, so can Pete Nance and Emoni. Otoh, if you want to attack them in the paint, who better than CPJ who was already doing a great job of it when they took him out? JBB could have even dusted off Cooper who might had been thrilled to show his former team something?

jbk may call it taking the L, I see it as giving a tired team a chance.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers