Re: Game 66: Cavs @ Pelicans 3/13/2024 

Post#2 » by toooskies » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:13 pm

Mitchell's back tonight.
Iwasawitness
Starter
And1: 2,791

Post#3 » by Iwasawitness » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:55 pm

TT is also due back anytime now. He should be eligible to return in the next couple of games.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,088

Post#4 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:18 am

Spanked em, anyone who watched, what was the difference?
Iwasawitness
Starter
And1: 2,791

Post#5 » by Iwasawitness » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:31 am

JujitsuFlip wrote:Spanked em, anyone who watched, what was the difference?

Their shots were falling and they defended well at the other end. Niang and Merrill both were terrific in this one and combined for nine threes (and Sam had nine assists!). And Garland had a terrific game and looks like he’s regained his confidence and found his groove again. Just a well put together performance by the team tonight.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,504

Post#6 » by afarmenian » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:17 am

Quality win. Just hang on to that 3 seed. Will be interesting if the 2 seed is still up for grabs if they prioritize rest instead
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#7 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:34 am

afarmenian wrote:Quality win. Just hang on to that 3 seed. Will be interesting if the 2 seed is still up for grabs if they prioritize rest instead
Currently tied for 2nd but yeah I'd rather go for matchup, regardless of seed.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,659

Post#8 » by toooskies » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:55 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
afarmenian wrote:Quality win. Just hang on to that 3 seed. Will be interesting if the 2 seed is still up for grabs if they prioritize rest instead

It'll be nearly impossible to dictate matchup given the cluster of teams in the 4-8 seeds. And also, we're not all that far out ahead of that pack and it's possible for us to slip pretty far if we slack off. If we rest at all it'll be a few games at the end of the season, and honestly I see JBB regretting the rest so much of the team got at the end of last season.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#9 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:59 pm

toooskies wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:

It'll be nearly impossible to dictate matchup given the cluster of teams in the 4-8 seeds. And also, we're not all that far out ahead of that pack and it's possible for us to slip pretty far if we slack off. If we rest at all it'll be a few games at the end of the season, and honestly I see JBB regretting the rest so much of the team got at the end of last season.
I think i disagree with you on both points.

Idc where the Cavs land 1-6 long as it is the most favorable matchup. Home court obviously means nothing to this team, as in 2022 we got dispatched on our home court in the post season and in 2023 we lost 2 of the 3 home games, in the post season, again dispatched on the home court.

To your other point about rest last season, if anything the team shoulda rested more down the stretch. The issue is, knowing the 1st round opponent for 10 days and the coaching staff coming out with the exact same regular season gameplan lmao like wth were they doing for 10 days?
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,840

Post#10 » by mcfly1204 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:49 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
toooskies wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Currently tied for 2nd but yeah I'd rather go for matchup, regardless of seed.

Idc where the Cavs land 1-6 long as it is the most favorable matchup. Home court obviously means nothing to this team, as in 2022 we got dispatched on our home court in the post season and in 2023 we lost 2 of the 3 home games, in the post season, again dispatched on the home court.

To your other point about rest last season, if anything the team shoulda rested more down the stretch. The issue is, knowing the 1st round opponent for 10 days and the coaching staff coming out with the exact same regular season gameplan lmao like wth were they doing for 10 days?

I wouldn't be so quick to write off HCA. You just said it yourself, our only win in the Playoffs last season was at... home.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#11 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:13 pm

mcfly1204 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
toooskies wrote:It'll be nearly impossible to dictate matchup given the cluster of teams in the 4-8 seeds. And also, we're not all that far out ahead of that pack and it's possible for us to slip pretty far if we slack off. If we rest at all it'll be a few games at the end of the season, and honestly I see JBB regretting the rest so much of the team got at the end of last season.

I wouldn't be so quick to write off HCA. You just said it yourself, our only win in the Playoffs last season was at... home.
So in the last 2 post seasons the team is 1-3 at home vs 0-3 on the road.

To me, that means it doesn't matter where your playoff games are, you're gonna lose... If Jb is your head coach.

Idk who the best matchup is for the Cavs this season. Ik i for sure do not want to play the Knicks, 76ers, or Heat... Jb is going to get circles coached around him.

That leaves the young Magic or the Young Pacers. Carlisle is no slouch either but Magic or long. Idk, there is no real good or easy matchup in round 1 but the Cavs have a better shot vs some teams than others.

I will say, I'm not confident in this team winning 4 of 7 games against any team, so it could all be moot.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 859

Post#12 » by ijspeelman » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:22 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
mcfly1204 wrote:I wouldn't be so quick to write off HCA. You just said it yourself, our only win in the Playoffs last season was at... home.

To me, that means it doesn't matter where your playoff games are, you're gonna lose... If Jb is your head coach.

Idk who the best matchup is for the Cavs this season. Ik i for sure do not want to play the Knicks, 76ers, or Heat... Jb is going to get circles coached around him.

That leaves the young Magic or the Young Pacers. Carlisle is no slouch either but Magic or long. Idk, there is no real good or easy matchup in round 1 but the Cavs have a better shot vs some teams than others.

I will say, I'm not confident in this team winning 4 of 7 games against any team, so it could all be moot.

Its an incredibly small sample-size and its missing a bit of context for our play-in games (players were injured/playing injured and the Nets were a fake 7th seed). Basically, I don't think there is enough information to say that we are an exception to the HCA rule.

Also, truth of the matter is that since 1970 only one team has won it all that didn't have HCA in the first round (1995 Rockets). Otherwise, its been mostly a matter of the top two seeds, a bit of three seeds, and rarely the fourth seed.

I get trying to play match-ups at the end of the year, but I just want to see the Cavs beat a play-off team (and show the potential they can beat two) and whoever falls to them is who I want them to beat. This is not the Cavs year to win it all so this all for growth, development, and to show the plan is working
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#13 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:33 pm

ijspeelman wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
mcfly1204 wrote:I wouldn't be so quick to write off HCA. You just said it yourself, our only win in the Playoffs last season was at... home.

Its an incredibly small sample-size and its missing a bit of context for our play-in games (players were injured/playing injured and the Nets were a fake 7th seed). Basically, I don't think there is enough information to say that we are an exception to the HCA rule.

Also, truth of the matter is that since 1970 only one team has won it all that didn't have HCA in the first round (1995 Rockets). Otherwise, its been mostly a matter of the top two seeds, a bit of three seeds, and rarely the fourth seed.

I get trying to play match-ups at the end of the year, but I just want to see the Cavs beat a play-off team (and show the potential they can beat two) and whoever falls to them is who I want them to beat. This is not the Cavs year to win it all so this all for growth, development, and to show the plan is working
Well, like you said, this team for sure isn't gonna win it all this season, so idk how relevant that stat is.

But yes, i think we all just wanna see if these guys can win 1 series just advance in the post season. Gotta do that first before anything and the best way to do that is matching up with the "easiest" team this April.

If we have the 2 or 3 seed but we draw the Heat, idk great that truly is. I understand a portion of the fan base will say well we won X amount of regular season games, because I've witnessed it be done the past 2 summers. At some point ya gotta get over that hump and get the monkey off your back, actually win a series, hopefully convincingly.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,392

Post#14 » by JonFromVA » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:23 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:Spanked em, anyone who watched, what was the difference?

Mitchell started out hot and set the the tone, likely put the scare in to the Pels. The ball movement was terrific as we did a really nice job dissecting their defense. Of course they couldn't sink a 3pter and we could barely miss, otherwise if things were more even they would have won. I mean, with Niang trying to defend Zion we can't match them 2pter for 2pter.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers