ImageImageImage

Game 78: Cavs @ Lakers 4/6/24

Moderator: ijspeelman

JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,104

Game 78: Cavs @ Lakers 4/6/24 

Post#1 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:09 pm

This one is actually available on my digital antenna so i will tune in.

No Okoro in this one.

Obviously no TJ and Wade's season is looking in jeopardy too.Image
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Re: Game 78: Cavs @ Lakers 4/6/24 

Post#2 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:07 pm

So i paid special attention to the rotations in the 1st quarter.

We had our first 5 with LeVert the first sub off the bench for Garland followed closely by Niang for Mobley. Then a smidge later is was Merrill for Strus.

From there Garland and Mobley came back for Mitchell and Allen. Then right before the end of the quarter, TT subbed for Mobley.

So 9 guys saw some kind of minutes in the initial quarter and the came was competitive. We'll see how the rest of the game shakes out.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#3 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:11 pm

Started the 2nd quarter with Garland/Merrill/Morris/Niang/Mobley (2 fouls)

This line-up has been brutalized and Jb finally got a timeout.
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,504

Post#4 » by afarmenian » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:13 pm

This team has completely quit. They are checked out. No intensity. No fight. As soon as a team goes on a run they show their bellies. It's bad. We have been physically overwhelmed in prior years but this is the first time the team just looks like it has no fight.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#5 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:14 pm

Jb comes outta the timeout with this same lineup, very head scratching situational basketball by the Cavs fearless leader.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#6 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:42 pm

Cavs are gonna need some defense in the 2nd half if they wanna have a chance in this one.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#7 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:11 pm

Cavs come all way back just to have the Lakers blow it right back open.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#8 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:32 pm

Oh it's April? Yeah time to start giving up offensive rebounds for second chance points lol
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,504

Post#9 » by afarmenian » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:33 pm

No heart at all just getting out worked. JB yelling at the refs while watch his players get worked over for offensive rebounds says it all
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#10 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:47 pm

Yet another blowout down the stretch of this season, not looking good.

This team lacks an identity.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,199

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:50 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:Started the 2nd quarter with Garland/Merrill/Morris/Niang/Mobley (2 fouls)

You put 4 poor defenders on the court at the same time against playoff teams and you're going to go through some things. That's a remarkably poor decision on the part of JBB.

I really don't like Garland and either of our two undersized backup guards in the same rotation, but adding Niang and Morris is just lol wut?

Mitchell's not right and he's a middling defender when he is. LeVert is a middling defender. Okoro and Wade are injured to end the season, again. They might have to play Damien Jones at the 4 instead of Niang at least until Okoro gets back.

Well see what happens with Mitchell this summer, but if he ends up staying, our bench needs a bit of an overhaul.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#12 » by JujitsuFlip » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:57 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:Started the 2nd quarter with Garland/Merrill/Morris/Niang/Mobley (2 fouls)

You put 4 poor defenders on the court at the same time against playoff teams and you're going to go through some things. That's a remarkably poor decision on the part of JBB.

I really don't like Garland and either of our two undersized backup guards in the same rotation, but adding Niang and Morris is just lol wut?

Mitchell's not right and he's a middling defender when he is. LeVert is a middling defender. Okoro and Wade are injured to end the season, again. They might have to play Damien Jones at the 4 instead of Niang at least until Okoro gets back.

Well see what happens with Mitchell this summer, but if he ends up staying, our bench needs a bit of an overhaul.
Yeah in the post game interview one of the reporters talked about how Mitchell is visibly frustrated on the court and how can that impact the team. Jb obviously tried to give a PC/PR answer but unfortunately i think the writing is on the wall for this team's future.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,199

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 11:25 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Yeah in the post game interview one of the reporters talked about how Mitchell is visibly frustrated on the court and how can that impact the team. Jb obviously tried to give a PC/PR answer but unfortunately i think the writing is on the wall for this team's future.

Mitchell's not healthy and it's impacting his play. He's shooting poorly and he's doing a poor of defending given the fact we've been trying to hide him. The other night against the Suns, Durant started off defending Mitchell, but ended the game on Garland which tells you who the Suns were more worried about.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#14 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:28 am

jbk1234 wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Mitchell's not healthy and it's impacting his play. He's shooting poorly and he's doing a poor of defending given the fact we've been trying to hide him. The other night against the Suns, Durant started off defending Mitchell, but ended the game on Garland which tells you who the Suns were more worried about.
And even Garland doesn't look all way right, especially after LBJ landed all his weight on his ankle after that block.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers