And1: 5,117

Game 82: Hornets @ Cavs 4/14/24 

Post#1 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:38 pm

JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Re: Game 82: Hornets @ Cavs 4/14/24 

Post#2 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:42 pm

Mitchell, LeVert, Wade, Merrill, and TJ ruled out. Garland is doubtful.

Looks like Mobley and Allen are gonna play in the season finale again, like last season. I disagreed with it then and i disagree with it now.

I can understand Niang wanting to at least step on the court, since he's not missed a game this season but none of the other main guys playing, makes sense to me.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#3 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:22 pm

If it were me, Mobley and Okoro would be done for the day after their first shift.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#4 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:43 pm

Pacers hung 49 in the 1st quarter. So all we need is them to keep it up and a Bucks win, smooth sailing.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#5 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:58 pm

Cavs only up 1 at half... Hopefully Allen, Mobley, Okoro, Strus, and Niang are done for the day.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#6 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:14 pm

Of course he's still playing key rotation players in the 3rd quarter of a game that does not matter
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#7 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:39 pm

Why is Okoro still out there in the 4th? Head scratching move.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,205

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:39 am

I was waiting for JBB to turn around after he emptied the bench, the train wreck ensued, the booing started in earnest, and yell: Is this not what you want? Are you not entertained?

Emoni Bates is a long, long way away from being a meaningful contributor.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#9 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:50 am

jbk1234 wrote:I was waiting for JBB to turn around after he emptied the bench, the train wreck ensued, the booing started in earnest, and yell: Is this not what you want? Are you not entertained?

Bates is a restricted free agent this summer any way.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,402

Post#10 » by JonFromVA » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:29 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I was waiting for JBB to turn around after he emptied the bench, the train wreck ensued, the booing started in earnest, and yell: Is this not what you want? Are you not entertained?

Perhaps, but he was setup for failure and then sabotaged. He should spend a whole lot of time this Summer on his handle, though.

Seems weird to have the 2-seed in sight and then tank it away to guarantee a matchup with Orlando. Clearly some people are only thinking of the first round and not things like home court in the 2nd or even potentially the ECF if Boston got knocked out. Alas, the Knicks didn't co-operate, but Thibs is gonna Thibs ( played DDV 52 minutes :o )
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,205

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:58 pm

JonFromVA wrote:

Perhaps, but he was setup for failure and then sabotaged. He should spend a whole lot of time this Summer on his handle, though.

Seems weird to have the 2-seed in sight and then tank it away to guarantee a matchup with Orlando. Clearly some people are only thinking of the first round and not things like home court in the 2nd or even potentially the ECF if Boston got knocked out. Alas, the Knicks didn't co-operate, but Thibs is gonna Thibs ( played DDV 52 minutes :o )

You have to make it to the second round to worry about the second round and the sad reality is that this team is still learning how to close out games against good teams. I personally think we matchup better against the Celtics than the Knicks. Also, if the Celtics get knocked out by either the Heat or Sixers, we will have home court in the second round.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager

Post#12 » by JujitsuFlip » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:13 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

You have to make it to the second round to worry about the second round and the sad reality is that this team is still learning how to close out games against good teams. I personally think we matchup better against the Celtics than the Knicks. Also, if the Celtics get knocked out by either the Heat or Sixers, we will have home court in the second round.

The bold is my exact thought. The team has failed to do that the past 2 postseasons. Let's at least try to get a series win under our belt before this huge summer of decisions embarks on us.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,402

Post#13 » by JonFromVA » Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:15 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

At least Terry Rozier is no longer on Charlotte.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers