Brewers/Reds Series

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,432

Re: Brewers/Reds Series 

Post#21 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:19 pm

What a bunch of weird a*sholes in the stands.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,191
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#22 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:What a bunch of weird a*sholes in the stands.

What's going on? I've had the sound off and am really just looking up at the TV off-and-on during the game...is it something between this bearded guy in blue and the guy 5 rows down that they keep showing?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,432

Post#23 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:32 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:What a bunch of weird a*sholes in the stands.

What's going on? I've had the sound off and am really just looking up at the TV off-and-on during the game...is it something between this bearded guy in blue and the guy 5 rows down that they keep showing?

Since there's no one in the stands it's just a bunch of loud idiots making bird noises.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,653

Post#24 » by Bernman » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:02 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Just throwing ideas out there. The Kyle Seager idea was brought up several times in the last few years. I believe his mutual option kicks into guaranteed for '22 if traded, but he is still playing good defense, providing above-average offense.

The Mariners are probably too starved to sell their "franchise" guy this year as they are somewhat in the mix...but if they are trying to do one last cost-cutting measure before they build around this core of interesting young outfielders, we could take on a good deal of the contract and not send a ton back. That would provide an expensive stopgap 3B for next year as well, but it's only one year.

I don't follow MLB outside the Brewers, but Seagar and Aguilar were also the two names who independently came to me as logical acquisitions after a little research. So that's gotta be something they're considering as well.

Incidentally, it's worth noting just how much better Seagar's road split is this year. And maybe he'd waive his player option for a contract restructure + chance to contend.

The other acquisition they probably need to make, besides 1b & 3b, is 7th or 8th inning reliever. Don't have any ideas in mind. Bickford would look good in that unit now though. The hand-wringing about not giving him a shot looks to be warranted.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison

Return to Milwaukee Brewers