Brewers/Cards...win or go home

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,300

Re: Brewers/Cards...win or go home 

Post#41 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:32 pm

LMAO god the Giants have a huge reason to be pissed and DOOOOOOONNNNNNN'TTTTT CAAAAARRREEEEE.
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#42 » by BradMKE » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:32 pm

When they put up this years Wild Card pennant at the stadium (hate that they celebrate merely getting a WC to begin with...), it should go on a bathroom door or somewhere equally fitting.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,902

Post#43 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:36 pm

Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#44 » by trwi7 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:41 pm

Giants had to face the Dodgers, Padres and A's for nearly half their games while we dicked around with the Pirates and the rest of the mediocre shit pile that was the NL Central and we still finished with the same record as them and only got in because our division record was a couple games better because we played in a much worse division.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#45 » by Profound23 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:53 pm

So we picked neither?
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,909

Post#46 » by blazza18 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:16 pm

trwi7 wrote:Giants had to face the Dodgers, Padres and A's for nearly half their games while we dicked around with the Pirates and the rest of the mediocre shit pile that was the NL Central and we still finished with the same record as them and only got in because our division record was a couple games better because we played in a much worse division.

Im not sure we can win the whole damn thing but I do like your attitude twirly.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
dogswithbeesintheirmouths
Head Coach
And1: 1,985

Post#47 » by dogswithbeesintheirmouths » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:53 am

So the Brewers have to be the worst playoff team in MLB history right? Therefore I predict they win the World Series.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#48 » by jute2003 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:47 pm

dogswithbeesintheirmouths wrote:So the Brewers have to be the worst playoff team in MLB history right? Therefore I predict they win the World Series.
If they take a game from the dodgers and freak them out a bit, Ill be happy.
only a fan, only an opinion
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,902

Post#49 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:30 pm

trwi7 wrote:Giants had to face the Dodgers, Padres and A's for nearly half their games while we dicked around with the Pirates and the rest of the mediocre shit pile that was the NL Central and we still finished with the same record as them and only got in because our division record was a couple games better because we played in a much worse division.

The Brewers clearly don't deserve to be in the playoffs, but now that I think about it, isn't it pretty much impossible to compare strength of schedule? There are no common opponents outside of any of the 3 interleague divisions, so it's a chicken-or-egg paradox. You could argue that the NL Central is mediocre because they had to play themselves so much. Yeah, they had a losing record against the AL Central, but the Pirates account for that entire margin and then some, and it's only 100 total games involving 10 different teams so it's not very robust data.

I think the AL Central and NL Central are both solid divisions overall. It's probably more accurate to just focus on the talent they had coming into the year, like we would have done to compare the AL to the NL before interleague play, than look at results in a 60-game season with the most imbalanced schedule ever.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#50 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:37 pm

This godforsaken team making the playoffs is proof they expanded too much. Not sure what the perfect solution is because I also kind of hate the 1 game wild card. Maybe go back to just two divisions per league, 6 teams make it and the two division winners get a bye. But then you have layoff concerns. IDK

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,188
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#51 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:53 pm

dogswithbeesintheirmouths wrote:So the Brewers have to be the worst playoff team in MLB history right? Therefore I predict they win the World Series.

Honestly, the Marlins are arguably worse. -41 run differential as opposed to the -17 of the Brewers. Of course, divisional opponents/schedule can argue otherwise, hard to say.

Which makes sense with your prediction. The Marlins will win the World Series because they've literally never lost a playoff series.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers