ImageImage

Game #14 - st louis cardinals at MILWAUKEE BREWERS

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,914

Re: Game #14 - st louis cardinals at MILWAUKEE BREWERS 

Post#61 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:45 am

Don't think Henderson is getting his closing job back anytime soon.
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#62 » by BigDee » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:45 am

Owned.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,914

Post#63 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:46 am

bizarro wrote:Can we please stop the nonsense of this early season run, now?

What nonsense? Being excited to start the season 10-2? I didn't see anyone penciling us for a division title or a playoff spot
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#64 » by bizarro » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:50 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:

What nonsense? Being excited to start the season 10-2? I didn't see anyone penciling us for a division title or a playoff spot

There's nothing wrong w/ being excited about a 10-2 start, obviously. And, I'm not really even speaking directly to this board. I'm more speaking to the reality that is the Brewers team, imho: Average and Overachieving. But, it means nothing in the grand scheme of a season. They had a 9 game run last season as well in April. Hunt comes out and writes a stupid and ill-timed **** article and here we are back to reality: We are second-class (at best) in our division.

I think there are just as many things to be concerned about as there are excited - Henderson's weak stuff; Segura's questionable start at the plate (was last year an aberration? His career trajectory to that point would lead one to think 'Yes); Lack of punch at 2nd base; Davis' inconsistent play etc.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,625

Post#65 » by blazza18 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:51 am

Oh look, Braun strikes out again. That damn thumb.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,176

Post#66 » by raysbookclub » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:52 am

Good thing they signed K-Rod and then made him the closer... If Henderson had been our closer thus far, he would have blown multiple saves by this point. It could've been like, wait, was it last season or the season before when they lost a bunch of games in April when our bullpen led by Axford melted down? Anyway, that season.

Losses to StL are frustrating because they have our number, but what can you do. Gotta take it in stride, it's a long season, come back strong tomorrow and the rest of the week. And be glad we're healthy overall, at least as far as we know (Segura?? Henderson??).
GB_Packers
Head Coach
And1: 1,248

Post#67 » by GB_Packers » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:11 am

bizarro wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:

There's nothing wrong w/ being excited about a 10-2 start, obviously. And, I'm not really even speaking directly to this board. I'm more speaking to the reality that is the Brewers team, imho: Average and Overachieving. But, it means nothing in the grand scheme of a season. They had a 9 game run last season as well in April. Hunt comes out and writes a stupid and ill-timed **** article and here we are back to reality: We are second-class (at best) in our division.

I think there are just as many things to be concerned about as there are excited - Henderson's weak stuff; Segura's questionable start at the plate (was last year an aberration? His career trajectory to that point would lead one to think 'Yes); Lack of punch at 2nd base; Davis' inconsistent play etc.

Oh dear they've lost two in a row and are a pathetic 10-4. Wrap it up, season is over. Average and overachieving? It's two **** games, calm down. You complain about some article and it being ill-timed, well what exactly is your post? They could be 12-10 shortly or this is a blip on the radar. No reason to overreact either way.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#68 » by bizarro » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:16 am

GB_Packers wrote:
bizarro wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:What nonsense? Being excited to start the season 10-2? I didn't see anyone penciling us for a division title or a playoff spot

Oh dear they've lost two in a row and are a pathetic 10-4. Wrap it up, season is over. Average and overachieving? It's two **** games, calm down.

You've completely misconstrued the tone of my posts. That's fine. And, it seems clear you're a bit flustered by another drubbing at the hands of the Cardinals. The Brewers are 11-24 vs. the Cardinals in the past 3 seasons - including a 2-9 home record. Facts are facts. This pattern is playing out again. My only point is: The Brewers are only an aspiring Wild Card team as long as they're facing a better managed and better run ball club in the Cardinals. And, my opinion is the Brewers are an average team at best. I'm not intending to ruffle your feathers. Really.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers