ImageImage

Game 145: Fish @ Flounders

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

GB_Packers
Head Coach
And1: 1,248

Re: Game 145: Fish @ Flounders 

Post#41 » by GB_Packers » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:54 am

I can't believe how badly this team fell apart and how fast they did it. Roenicke has got to be gone and Melvin sure as hell better be on the hot seat. This has to go down as one of the worst collapses in recent memory.
RayRayJones
Starter
And1: 155

Post#42 » by RayRayJones » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:34 am

This collapse is shaping up to be worse than the Rockies' monumental collapse a few years back. Just god awful.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#43 » by El Duderino » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:47 am

GB_Packers wrote:I can't believe how badly this team fell apart and how fast they did it.

I stopped watching full games awhile ago, i could see this team was toast. So i just check in here and there during some games and tonight i caught that debacle in the 8th inning with the bases loaded and nobody out.

You can see it in the body language of the players, they are flat out shell shocked by what's happened. Same for Running Ron in his press conferences. There is no coming back from a collapse like this. Once the Cardinals took 3 of 4 games in the manner which they did, the players for all of the bravado they have to say in the media, they knew that all those months in first place were for nothing because it was over.

Talent is the most important thing in sports, but athletes aren't robots and when a team starts falling apart as the Brewers have, it can really snowball and has to crush them mentally. Start thinking here we go again every time something bad happens. Expect the worst to happen instead of expecting to win. Kinda like what happened to the Braves two years ago when they gagged away an 8 game lead in September.
dinderdan
Junior
And1: 29

Post#44 » by dinderdan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:14 pm

Estrada and K-Rod should both pitch at the HR derby next year.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers