ImageImage

Brewers/Nats Series

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,358

Re: Brewers/Nats Series 

Post#21 » by jute2003 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:22 am

Yelich starting to build up his slugging sure would make the brewers a whole lot more scary.
only a fan, only an opinion
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#22 » by ReginaldDwight » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:20 am

jute2003 wrote:Yelich starting to build up his slugging sure would make the brewers a whole lot more scary.

Yeah just checked the box. Still lots of time left to find the swing.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,060

Post#23 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:57 pm

Escobar damn
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,092

Post#24 » by Siefer » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:59 pm

Yikes. Looked like something with the calf.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,227

Post#25 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:00 pm

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,227

Post#26 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:06 pm

Read on Twitter
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,092

Post#27 » by Siefer » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:14 pm

Cain murdered that one.
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#28 » by ACGB » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:27 pm

Hoby Milner sounds like a player from 1904.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,060

Post#29 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:00 am

Hopefully the MRI comes back ok
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,592

Post#30 » by Bernman » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:38 am

ACGB wrote:Hoby Milner sounds like a player from 1904.

He has the talent level of somebody from that time period too.

Don't know why they didn't address the pen before the trade deadline. It's thin.

They need to send a bat signal to Jeffress for his 4th Brewers' stint. Same thing for Braun, if Escobar is down.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#31 » by LittleRooster » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:47 pm

Bernman wrote:
ACGB wrote:Hoby Milner sounds like a player from 1904.

He has the talent level of somebody from that time period too.

Don't know why they didn't address the pen before the trade deadline. It's thin.

They need to send a bat signal to Jeffress for his 4th Brewers' stint. Same thing for Braun, if Escobar is down.

Where have you been? They did address the pen by adding Curtiss and Norris, not to mention Strickland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bernman
RealGM

Post#32 » by Bernman » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:35 pm

LittleRooster wrote:Where have you been? They did address the pen by adding Curtiss and Norris, not to mention Strickland

Did you ever think I didn't adjudge moves at that level to be sufficient? Norris had a 5.89 ERA & Strickland 9.95. Curtiss is the closest thing they did to upgrade and he's injured. So now they surely have to do something more, if they can.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,980

Post#33 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:51 pm

Bernman wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:Where have you been? They did address the pen by adding Curtiss and Norris, not to mention Strickland

Did you ever think I didn't adjudge moves at that level to be sufficient? Norris had a 5.89 ERA & Strickland 9.95. Curtiss is the closest thing they did to upgrade and he's injured. So now they surely have to do something more, if they can.

Strickland has been great since the Brewers acquired him so I don't see how anyone could judge that move to be insufficient. Jake Cousins has been another awesome addition as well. He allowed his first run the other day in like his 17th or 18th appearance. Norris, yeah, he's had a rough start to his Brewers tenure. Still good to have another lefty option in the pen but we'll need better results from him.

The Curtiss thing was a bummer, they clearly had hopes of him being someone they could rely on to be a bridge to Williams and Hader but we've done pretty well letting Cousins and Boxberger handle those duties. Ideally in the postseason, if everyone's healthy, we'll be able to shift one or two starters into a bullpen role which could also help the depth.

We also have Aaron Ashby working shorter outings so we can deploy him as a relief option down the stretch if they want to go that route. His stuff looks absolutely unbelievable so if he keeps his command in check he would be a legitimate option.

All that to say, another proven big name reliever would've been fun, but I think we're in a pretty good spot with the pen.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#34 » by Bernman » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:16 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Strickland has been great since the Brewers acquired him so I don't see how anyone could judge that move to be insufficient. Jake Cousins has been another awesome addition as well. He allowed his first run the other day in like his 17th or 18th appearance. Norris, yeah, he's had a rough start to his Brewers tenure. Still good to have another lefty option in the pen but we'll need better results from him.

The Curtiss thing was a bummer, they clearly had hopes of him being someone they could rely on to be a bridge to Williams and Hader but we've done pretty well letting Cousins and Boxberger handle those duties. Ideally in the postseason, if everyone's healthy, we'll be able to shift one or two starters into a bullpen role which could also help the depth.

We also have Aaron Ashby working shorter outings so we can deploy him as a relief option down the stretch if they want to go that route. His stuff looks absolutely unbelievable so if he keeps his command in check he would be a legitimate option.

All that to say, another proven big name reliever would've been fun, but I think we're in a pretty good spot with the pen.

Shifting someone to the pen like Houser & Ashby, who is a prospect, are legit hopes. I just think they should have gotten 1 more reliable, virtual shut down guy so we aren't hanging on for dear life late in games or over-extending the front of the rotation.

They've conceded Feyereisen & a good prospect in Bickford who's been an asset for the Dodgers. IF the team falters in their best shot at winning a World Series, I think that would be the reason, & it's easier to address than rotation or lineup.

I'll be watching to see if a move is made before the playoff roster eligible deadline. No point in having a Milner on the roster. I would immediately feel significantly better if they brought Jeffress back. That's the reunion they needed, not Axford.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#35 » by LittleRooster » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:39 pm

Bernman wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:Strickland has been great since the Brewers acquired him so I don't see how anyone could judge that move to be insufficient. Jake Cousins has been another awesome addition as well. He allowed his first run the other day in like his 17th or 18th appearance. Norris, yeah, he's had a rough start to his Brewers tenure. Still good to have another lefty option in the pen but we'll need better results from him.

Shifting someone to the pen like Houser & Ashby, who is a prospect, are legit hopes. I just think they should have gotten 1 more reliable, virtual shut down guy so we aren't hanging on for dear life late in games or over-extending the front of the rotation.

They've conceded Feyereisen & a good prospect in Bickford who's been an asset for the Dodgers. IF the team falters in their best shot at winning a World Series, I think that would be the reason, & it's easier to address than rotation or lineup.

I'll be watching to see if a move is made before the playoff roster eligible deadline. No point in having a Milner on the roster. I would immediately feel significantly better if they brought Jeffress back. That's the reunion they needed, not Axford.

They tried to get Kimbrel. The Cubs didn’t want to deal him to us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#36 » by Iheartfootball » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:48 pm

Bernman wrote:

You’re being disingenuous. You said, “Don't know why they didn't address the pen before the trade deadline. It's thin.”

Just because you didn’t like the moves doesn’t mean the pen wasn’t addressed at the deadline. What’s happened subsequently is a different problem.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#37 » by Bernman » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:06 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:You’re being disingenuous. You said, “Don't know why they didn't address the pen before the trade deadline. It's thin.”

Just because you didn’t like the moves doesn’t mean the pen wasn’t addressed at the deadline. What’s happened subsequently is a different problem.

You're being pedantic. I mean why didn't they do more, like a higher profile move and/or a # of reliable arms. I don't consider adding players w/ high ERA's on the cheap addressing an issue. That happens throughout a year for most teams. It's a technicality.

One move for a Curtiss level guy was insufficient then, let alone now.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#38 » by Iheartfootball » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:10 pm

Bernman wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:You’re being disingenuous. You said, “Don't know why they didn't address the pen before the trade deadline. It's thin.”

You're being pedantic. I mean why didn't they do more, like a higher profile move and/or a # of reliable arms. I don't consider adding players w/ high ERA's on the cheap addressing an issue. That happens throughout a year for most teams. It's a technicality.

One move for a Curtiss level guy was insufficient then, let alone now.

So you didn't like the moves.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#39 » by Bernman » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:12 pm

LittleRooster wrote:They tried to get Kimbrel. The Cubs didn’t want to deal him to us

There are a lot more than one reliever who'd have been an upgrade and if any could have been acquired naturally comes down to what you were willing to give up when in contention.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#40 » by Bernman » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:16 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:So you didn't like the moves.

I didn't like the half-hearted attempt. I think all they conceded was one decent prospect. That's why you get one reliever with a decent or better ERA to rely on.

I think they should realize how great of a chance they have to win it all this year and that chance doesn't come around regularly. So it's worth losing something later for the benefit now.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers