Brewers Org / American Family Field / MLB Stadium Discussion

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,521

Re: Brewers Org / American Family Field / MLB Stadium Discussion 

Post#161 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 pm

I'm curious what the new smaller one will be used for. It makes no sense if it's just a dup of the larger one right next to it. Probably mostly ads.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#162 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Apr 3, 2024 6:13 pm

Sounds like the parking system was a disaster yesterday… Anybody go and try to use it?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#163 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 3, 2024 7:37 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Sounds like the parking system was a disaster yesterday… Anybody go and try to use it?

I had friends who went. It was a disaster. They have scrapped it until it can be fixed. I'm going Friday night, hopefully they stick to the old system.

Same friends said larger scoreboard means larger ads. Occasionally they go full screen for a replay. The new secondary board is used for pitching stats.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#164 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:59 pm

American Family Field ranked #2 for ballpark food: https://10best.usatoday.com/awards/travel/best-baseball-stadium-food-2024/
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#165 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:09 pm

Was at the game last night. Old parking system for now. Scoreboard is huge. The new secondary, smaller scoreboard is the same size as the original Miller Park scoreboard. Funny comparing it with the new jumbo board.

Still working out glitches. The picture quality is fantastic. Yes, about half ads usually but replays are full screen. Smaller board is for pitching stats. I liked it.

Food/beer prices are high of course but better options and quality than FiServ. Last night I didn't have time to eat beforehand or tailgate. Checked out the 3rd Street Market food on the second level. Some good options. Lots of beer options.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#166 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:33 pm

Attended my first game of the season last night. Small crowd (18K+ announced), which made parking and leaving a breeze. As well as no lines anywhere.

The new videoboards are pretty cool. The RF one was mostly used for pitcher stats and pitch sequence. I liked that one more than I thought, but we were in Section 209 (OF Loge Right Field) and had to turn back to look at it. If on LF/3B it will be much easier to view. The main board is awesome, but does have alot of ads yet. My biggest complaint is the lack of replays. They never even showed the challenge play with Perkins out at 3B. I felt the LED screens around the stadium were upgraded and vibrant. Some may feel it is almost too busy, but whatever stat, MPH, time, etc you need is displayed somewhere to see.

I didn't notice anything else super different. We got in about 30 minutes beforehand so weren't bumming around too long. The kids area is the same. I was hoping to try that Dog of the North specialty dog, but that stand was closed. They had it on MLB Central a week or 2 back and it looked tasty. I had a couple beers in the parking lot so didn't buy any inside with driving afterwards so not sure what the price is this year.

Always good to get back to the park. For being 23 years old, it is still a pretty decent place to watch a game and provide what I need for a good experience. Smaller crowd helps with parking/leaving too.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#167 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:03 pm

The replay thing bugs me. Sometimes on challenges they show them and sometimes they don't. Frustrating.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#168 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:55 pm

Not super surprised as this is usually the weakest attended month, but so far attendance is down 18% from last year’s average. We have not really rebounded since COVID either. Not sure if that is any factor anymore or its just a genuine disinterest. Sure inflation, job losses part of it too. Although feel you get into the park pretty reasonable if use vouchers, secondary market, team deals especially during the week.

Average Attendance per ESPN:
2024 - 25,824 (8 games)
2023 - 31,496
2022 - 30,155
—-
2019 - 36,090
2018 - 35,195
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,080

Post#169 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:42 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Not super surprised as this is usually the weakest attended month, but so far attendance is down 18% from last year’s average. We have not really rebounded since COVID either. Not sure if that is any factor anymore or its just a genuine disinterest. Sure inflation, job losses part of it too. Although feel you get into the park pretty reasonable if use vouchers, secondary market, team deals especially during the week.

2024 - 25,824 (8 games)
2023 - 31,496
2022 - 30,155
—-
2019 - 36,090
2018 - 35,195

I'm not really that worried. Like you said, April is a tough month for attendance. Last year their average in April was 28,963 and that included a series with St. Louis.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#170 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:32 pm

Yankees will draw next weekend. I never go on weekends, always during the week (not an option for everyone I know). Cheap tickets, easy in and out of the lot. I'm always between the dugouts, at worst 10 rows up. The team needs to win a playoff series to give it some juice.
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#171 » by gbmb34 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:10 pm

I think there is just a general malaise in the fanbase since the team has basically been stagnant since the run in 2018.

Win 85 to 95 games and survive for a single second in the playoffs.

I think this year's team getting off to a hot start and some of the younger players being exciting has caused a bit more interest than normal but something will have to drastically change to get out of the doldrums. Win a playoff series (good) or bottom out (bad but sometimes interesting)
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,399

Post#172 » by trwi7 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:29 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Not super surprised as this is usually the weakest attended month, but so far attendance is down 18% from last year’s average. We have not really rebounded since COVID either. Not sure if that is any factor anymore or its just a genuine disinterest. Sure inflation, job losses part of it too. Although feel you get into the park pretty reasonable if use vouchers, secondary market, team deals especially during the week.

2024 - 25,824 (8 games)
2023 - 31,496
2022 - 30,155
—-
2019 - 36,090
2018 - 35,195

We're behind last year's pace but last year our first 8 home games were 3 against the Mets, 3 against the Cardinals and 2 against the Red Sox. Those are 3 good draws. This year it was 2 against the Twins, 3 against the Mariners and 3 against the Padres. Only the Twins are a good draw and one of those was a guaranteed sellout on opening day and the other was a Wednesday afternoon game and you're not going to draw a big crowd in April on a Wednesday afternoon no matter who you're playing. Only 3 of our home games have been Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Every other has been a weekday.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers