Brewers Org / American Family Field / MLB Stadium Discussion

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,074

Re: Brewers Org / American Family Field / MLB Stadium Discussion 

Post#141 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:18 pm

I'l take as much BA as he's willing to give.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,065

Post#142 » by MVP2110 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:45 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I'l take as much BA as he's willing to give.

Absolutely
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#143 » by BUCKnation » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:45 pm

Yeah, if BA is willing, just keep him on. There are plenty of national guys who call multiple things and keep their local broadcast.

Uecker is old, but I wonder if he keeps doing it just to give him something to do. He obviously enjoys it and is still a quality game caller. Only way I've ever figured he would actually stop is if he passes or we win a world series.
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#144 » by gbmb34 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:32 pm

Levering IS the main PBP guy. He does like 100 games a year at this point.
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,502

Post#145 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:04 pm

gbmb34 wrote:Levering IS the main PBP guy. He does like 100 games a year at this point.

Yeah and that sucks. He's not terrible but I just don't care for him.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,680

Post#146 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:56 pm

Levering really bugs me and I can't put my finger on why. I'm resigned to him being the guy, but not happy about it.

Perfectly happy with Vinny replacing Rock, OTOH. I thought he was great last year and hope they make him the 'permanent' back-up and set him up to take over.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#147 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm

Seems like Dillard is going to stick around for a while too as pre/post game, analyst fill-in on tv or radio. Unless he is a Bally’s employee which in that case may he more of an unknown.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#148 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:59 pm

https://www.mlb.com/press-release/press-release-what-s-new-at-american-family-field

The clock in right field is being replaced with a new videoboard in additional to the upgraded main scoreboard. Feel like the outfield already looks too cluttered but I guess an additional video board could be useful.

Improved congestion of the Team Store will be nice if this accomplishes it. We shall see.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#150 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:36 pm

Sounds good in theory but going cashless for parking is going to be a debacle this year.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#151 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:07 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Sounds good in theory but going cashless for parking is going to be a debacle this year.

Agreed, in theory seems great. I usually buy parking in advance so if can drive in and plug my license plate in, awesome. But also just ran into issue at Bucks game with the same company where pay station did not actually process my payment, machine out of paper for receipt, and I got hit with a $100 parking violation. To their credit, they decreased it to the event price the next day but a hassle none the less. I could see this being a problem here and if app/website crashes them how do you pay? Idk hopefully it works…
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#152 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:00 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Sounds good in theory but going cashless for parking is going to be a debacle this year.

Agreed, in theory seems great. I usually buy parking in advance so if can drive in and plug my license plate in, awesome. But also just ran into issue at Bucks game with the same company where pay station did not actually process my payment, machine out of paper for receipt, and I got hit with a $100 parking violation. To their credit, they decreased it to the event price the next day but a hassle none the less. I could see this being a problem here and if app/website crashes them how do you pay? Idk hopefully it works…

I've had similar issues with downtown parking with that company.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#153 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:47 pm

I just wish they would do something to funnel the traffic after the game better. I don’t know what the best solution is but generally park in the preferred area and its comes down to people letting people in, hoping your traffic line isn’t a dead end to another line, etc. My best hope is to end up west of Yount Dr/Selig Dr intersection (i.e. Not the Braves or Brewers Preferred Lots). I don’t know their method but when end up in Money, Fingers, Cooper lots its generally quicker out as avoid that funnel of an intersection. And then since I take I-94 east, if I get on far right lane on Selig Dr I’m usually good to go. I-94 west is usually a little more backed up. In the end the wait is probably 15-20 minutes on bad nights but feels like 45…
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#154 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:19 am

BUCKnation wrote:Yeah, if BA is willing, just keep him on. There are plenty of national guys who call multiple things and keep their local broadcast.

Uecker is old, but I wonder if he keeps doing it just to give him something to do. He obviously enjoys it and is still a quality game caller. Only way I've ever figured he would actually stop is if he passes or we win a world series.

Twitter/X is ablaze that Uecker is retiring, BUT, it is based off a Brewers press release on the TV schedule. There was a blurb at the end about radio and no mention of any play by play nor analysts. I highly doubt Brewers would drop his retirement with a non/vague info in a press release.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#155 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:04 pm

I agree. Unless there is a sudden health issue I can't imagine they would handle his retirement that way.

I also haven't seen anything about BA. I had heard last year that the 50 game stint that TBS allowed won't happen going forward.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#156 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:02 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I agree. Unless there is a sudden health issue I can't imagine they would handle his retirement that way.

I also haven't seen anything about BA. I had heard last year that the 50 game stint that TBS allowed won't happen going forward.

Sounds like BA is back. Below was from that press release. However it doesn't say how much he'll be in the booth...

The Brewers announced their 2024 regular-season broadcast schedule on Tuesday, which includes all 162 games broadcast live on both TV and radio.

After an offseason of turmoil for the Bally Sports Network, Bally Sports Wisconsin will remain the exclusive local television home for the Brewers, broadcasting 155 of the team’s 162 games.

Brian Anderson and Jeff Levering both return as the team’s main play-by-play announcers, while Bill Schroeder, Tim Dillard, and Vinny Rottino will again share the color analysts chair. Sophia Minnaert is now in her 12th season as the team’s on-field reporter, while Craig Coshun and Stephen Watson return to host “Brewers Live” along with Dillard and Rottino.

MLB has once again partnered with Apple TV+ for exclusive streams of Friday Night Baseball, which will feature the Brewers on April 12 at Baltimore and May 24 at Boston. The Brewers will also be included in five exclusive national telecasts on Fox on May 11 vs. St. Louis, June 22 at San Diego, July 6 at L.A. Dodgers, Aug. 17 vs. Cleveland, and Aug. 31 at Cincinnati.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#157 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:18 pm

American Family Field ranks 3rd in concession ballpark rankings: https://www.ontariobets.com/news/the-best-mlb-ballparks-for-concessions?

It was interesting to see our 2024 beer price is 2nd highest behind Dodger Stadium at 0.69/ounce. 5 other teams have the same 0.69/ounce price. Seattle has the least expensive at 0.33/ounce.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#158 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:16 pm

That new scoreboard is massive, almost twice the size as the old one. Think I saw will be 3rd largest in baseball. Curious if will be littered with ads, haha. Also adding another smaller scoreboard in right field which will be about 1/2 sized as the old main scoreboard.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#159 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:42 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:That new scoreboard is massive, almost twice the size as the old one. Think I saw will be 3rd largest in baseball. Curious if will be littered with ads, haha. Also adding another smaller scoreboard in right field which will be about 1/2 sized as the old main scoreboard.

The video is pretty cool. The pic below it shows how much of the screen will be ads (the pic came from the Brewers). At least the ads will be digital and not fixed like the old scoreboard. Hopefully they use the full screen for replays.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,074

Post#160 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Milwaukee Brewers