ImageImage

Brewers Org / American Family Field / MLB Stadium Discussion

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,065

Re: American Family Field / MLB Stadium Discussion 

Post#121 » by MVP2110 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:11 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:it seems weird that this seems to be getting done without a lot of noise. I feel like it was down to the wire with the Bucks and that was with the owners putting in 55% of the cost and a good vision for future development/multi-use arena.

The Brewers are extremely popular around the stats whereas the Bucks weren't at the time. I was in Land O Lakes during the playoffs and had zero issue finding a bar for the Brewer game. Living in Green Bay before Giannis came and it was sometimes very hard to get a bar to turn a Bucks game on
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#122 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:47 am

I actually thought the Bucks wouldve had a harder time due to how much apathy there was for the team, especially state wide. You could not even find Bucks gear in NE WI around 2011-13. Maybe some leftover Jennings or Redd shirseys.

This Brewers one seems to be sailing right through too. Some grumbling but thats about it.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#123 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:05 pm

“The Brewers organization purchased 1.8 acres at 600 S. 44th St. for $2.1 million, state real estate records filed Nov. 7 show. The land is home to the National Salvage Recycling Center.” -WTMJ article.

Not much details on why. Brewers said it is for “storage needs”.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,501

Post#124 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:20 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:“The Brewers organization purchased 1.8 acres at 600 S. 44th St. for $2.1 million, state real estate records filed Nov. 7 show. The land is home to the National Salvage Recycling Center.” -WTMJ article.

Maybe it's for storage, maybe it's for future development. That's a long long walk from the stadium. If there's going to be a "Beer District" I'd like to see it right next to the stadium, like the DD. Bars, restaurants, hotels, whatever. But the Brewers don't want to give up any of the existing parking.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,052

Post#125 » by humanrefutation » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:08 am

Well, a deal got done.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,065

Post#126 » by MVP2110 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:48 am

Glad the Crew is sticking around for the foreseeable future
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,031

Post#127 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:43 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:“The Brewers organization purchased 1.8 acres at 600 S. 44th St. for $2.1 million, state real estate records filed Nov. 7 show. The land is home to the National Salvage Recycling Center.” -WTMJ article.

Maybe it's for storage, maybe it's for future development. That's a long long walk from the stadium. If there's going to be a "Beer District" I'd like to see it right next to the stadium, like the DD. Bars, restaurants, hotels, whatever. But the Brewers don't want to give up any of the existing parking.

No idea what it would actually look like but wonder if there is a way to add a structure for non-tailgaters with shuttle to Beer District/tailgate area and then raise parking for surface spots/Reduce the number of spots. Net profits would be the same on game day but more space. Probably a logistical nightmare leaving the stadium, though
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#128 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:46 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

No idea what it would actually look like but wonder if there is a way to add a structure for non-tailgaters with shuttle to Beer District/tailgate area and then raise parking for surface spots/Reduce the number of spots. Net profits would be the same on game day but more space. Probably a logistical nightmare leaving the stadium, though

I'd be all for a parking structure for those who aren't tailgating that particular day. But yeah it would be a mess after a game, especially a weekend game. Make it a few bucks cheaper as an incentive to park there.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#129 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:28 pm

My biggest hesitation with going to games is traffic congestion, specifically after the game leaving. I couldn't imagine how it would be to get out of a parking structure unless the structure somehow was placed somewhere where it maybe doesn't have to battle the parking lots too. Where that would be, I don't know. But leaving has always been kind of a clusterf***. I generally pay slightly more for Preferred Parking and its not as bad, especially on week night games. Sometimes being farther back is better when parking there though as don't have to battle through the entire lot to get to Selig Dr/Mitchell BLvd.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#130 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:13 pm

I always use preferred too. It's amazing to me that they haven't improved the infrastructure getting in and out of the preferred lot since....ever.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#131 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Dec 6, 2023 3:35 am

Evers officially signed the bill today. Looks like the scoreboard was gone in the stadium shots I saw. Assuming they putting up a new one. Although I did not hate how no scoreboard really opened up the view. On an open panel/roof game, it would feel more open air without it haha.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#132 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Dec 7, 2023 6:13 pm

With this official, has there been any word what they plan to do to the park as far as renovation goes? Like new seats, scoreboard, atrium addition, concourse items/social spaces, etc?

Besides a “beer district”, what are some things you would want to see added or updated at AmFam Field? As noted above I do wish it had a slightly more open air feel but its pretty hard to do that with a fan style roof. I wouldnt hate ripping out Bernies Terrace seats and that X Golf area to open up left field and have clear panels. The outfield visually is so busy with ads, scoreboard, etc. Doubt that happens. From an amenity standpoint overall I dont have many complaints. I like the brewery addition, the shops are good, food/drinks satisfy me, sightlines in first few decks are solid outside blind spots in corners in many seats. I have not been in the Terrace level in years but those can be pretty steep. The kids area is good and free. Curious how different the stadium will be, if at all, post this money being spent on it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#133 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Dec 7, 2023 6:27 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:With this official, has there been any word what they plan to do to the park as far as renovation goes? Like new seats, scoreboard, atrium addition, concourse items/social spaces, etc?

Besides a “beer district”, what are some things you would want to see added or updated at AmFam Field? As noted above I do wish it had a slightly more open air feel but its pretty hard to do that with a fan style roof. I wouldnt hate ripping out Bernies Terrace seats and that X Golf area to open up left field and have clear panels. The outfield visually is so busy with ads, scoreboard, etc. Doubt that happens. From an amenity standpoint overall I dont have many complaints. I like the brewery addition, the shops are good, food/drinks satisfy me, sightlines in first few decks are solid outside blind spots in corners in many seats. I have not been in the Terrace level in years but those can be pretty steep. The kids area is good and free. Curious how different the stadium will be, if at all, post this money being spent on it.

For the beer district all that was approved was a 2 year "study" so that's way down the road if it ever happens.

New seats, scoreboard upgrade, concourse has to be redone. Roof repair. HVAC has to be redone. Supposedly they will "winterize" so events can be held year round. That's dumb IMO, very few big name concerts tour in the winter anyway. And besides concerts there is little use for the ballpark in the winter. Right now it can be heated to about 30 degrees above outside temps and that works fine for early season games.

I don't think there's going to be much done that fans will actually see.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#134 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Dec 8, 2023 8:21 pm

For anybody that has kids, the Brewers Kids Pack is actually a pretty good deal. $35 plus $10-ish in fees for 6 ticket vouchers (can be used as upgrade credit too), City Connect jersey, Pit Viper-ish sunglasses, Stadium Tour pass, bucket hat, etc. I snagged 2 as we hit up a few games last year and think kids will like the items.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#135 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:45 pm

Braun to be inducted into the Brewers Walk of Fame sometime this season. Legacy is polarizing but hard to not recognize his numbers and the success his play brought. It was the first real taste of success for a generation of Brewers fans that missed the late 70s/80s.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Re: Brewers Org / American Family Field / MLB Stadium Discussion 

Post#136 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:32 pm

After 30 years the Brewers have ended the BP/Amoco C’Mon Back Club per the latter’s Facebook page. No details on if a new gas = free tickets program will be introduced. Slightly bummed by this as I did use this program and would use the vouchers for upgrades into first level.

Uecker turns 90 today. Wild he is still in the booth. Someone in X indicated there was a rumor this may be his last year, but have not heard that elsewhere. Its still great to hear his voice and he sounds good overall yet, but definitely can tell he is behind the action and is what it is. Enjoy the limited time we have with him in the booth. 90 has to be pushing a record for active play by play man.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#137 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:33 pm

There was a rumor that Uecker was going to do one year of broadcasting at new Miller Park and then retire. Amazing he's still doing it 20+ years later, even if it's just home games. I need to listen to more games on the radio.

I heard last fall that BA's contract with TNT/TBS, which limited him to doing 50 Brewers games last year, would not allow him to do any going forward. But I haven't seen anything announced so maybe he's back part time again.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,936

Post#138 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:26 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:There was a rumor that Uecker was going to do one year of broadcasting at new Miller Park and then retire. Amazing he's still doing it 20+ years later, even if it's just home games. I need to listen to more games on the radio.

I heard last fall that BA's contract with TNT/TBS, which limited him to doing 50 Brewers games last year, would not allow him to do any going forward. But I haven't seen anything announced so maybe he's back part time again.

I like BA a lot but at this point I'm more surprised when he's calling a Brewers game than when he's not. He's getting plenty of work in multiple sports at a national level and I think it's past time for him to cede the Brewers gig to someone who can be here fulltime.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#139 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:48 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:There was a rumor that Uecker was going to do one year of broadcasting at new Miller Park and then retire. Amazing he's still doing it 20+ years later, even if it's just home games. I need to listen to more games on the radio.

I like BA a lot but at this point I'm more surprised when he's calling a Brewers game than when he's not. He's getting plenty of work in multiple sports at a national level and I think it's past time for him to cede the Brewers gig to someone who can be here fulltime.

Agreed. Its been a great run but unless he truly loves the arrangement, I would not fault him for moving on and also give someone else a full-time shot. I’m guessing he has had a 16-18 year run. Felt Daron Sutton left after the 05 or 06 season. Wonder where he is these days. I know he got in hot water with Arizona for being critical. He had great passion but sometimes too wrapped up into it.

I would think Bill Schroeder is nearing retirement too. Feel he is gone more too and he must have almost 30 years in I’d think. I know he was there in the 90s for sure.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#140 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:13 pm

I think BA feels a loyalty to the Brewers for giving him his first big chance. And his family still lives here and he loves baseball. But yeah it's so random when he's on, what's the point anymore. I'm not a Levering fan though and he's the guy. But he's doing a lot of college hoops and maybe he's angling for something beyond local baseball, I don't know.

As for Rock, yeah I think he's about ready to hang it up. He started in 1995. He's 65 and had some heart issues awhile back. I thought Vinny did a good job filling in and maybe he gets the full time gig.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers