Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,522

Brewers/Cubs Series 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:03 pm

Thursday - 1:20 - Burnes vs. Stroman
Saturday - 1:20 - Woodruff vs. Tailon
Sunday - 1:20 - Lauer vs. Steele
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,080

Re: Brewers/Cubs Series 

Post#2 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:16 pm

Read on Twitter
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#3 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:26 pm

Kicking around taking the kids to Sunday's game as tickets are reasonable and looks like no rain/50s. But may sound better in my head than hoping the youngster stay involved for a Chicago trek and 3 hour game, haha! Hopefully can take 2 of 3 if all get played.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:57 pm

Looking forward to the pitch clock. It will be interesting to see reaction when it starts costing players a strike (or ball). How strict will umps be especially in the late innings. I think you have to call it very strict. Have a light and/or sound go off so there is no question. Not like the NFL play clock where it's very loose. Average infractions went from just over 2 per game the first week of spring training to around 1 per game at the end.

I don't really care about the shift or base size. Sure the shift will help some players but I imagine it will be pretty even amongst all teams.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,072

Post#5 » by MVP2110 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:48 pm

I think 2 of 3 here is a very reasonable goal, we should have a clear pitching advantage in the 1st two games and I doubt Lauer will be any worse than whoever the Cubs throw out game 3. Cold weather can always be a bit of a neutralizer though so we'll see
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:07 pm

Very happy they reduced division games to 12 instead of 19. You still have 60 division games. Each non division NL team we get one home and one away series. Each AL series you get EITHER one home or one away series (which will flip each year). The exception is the "rival" opponent, Twins in our case. 2 games at home, 2 on the road.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#7 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:37 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Very happy they reduced division games to 12 instead of 19. You still have 60 division games. Each non division NL team we get one home and one away series. Each AL series you get EITHER one home or one away series (which will flip each year). The exception is the "rival" opponent, Twins in our case. 2 games at home, 2 on the road.

Same. Think its cool there is a chance to see all AL teams now every year too. I kind of miss playing the AL teams regularly.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:41 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Very happy they reduced division games to 12 instead of 19. You still have 60 division games. Each non division NL team we get one home and one away series. Each AL series you get EITHER one home or one away series (which will flip each year). The exception is the "rival" opponent, Twins in our case. 2 games at home, 2 on the road.

Same. Think its cool there is a chance to see all AL teams now every year too. I kind of miss playing the AL teams regularly.

Yeah it's cool to have the Angels here for 3 games later this month, chance to see their stars.

And it's 56 division games not 60, 14 against each.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,080

Post#9 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:17 pm

I am excite. Taking a late lunch today.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#10 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:45 pm

I am more excited than most seasons, mainly because it's a chance to get a lot of production from young, homegrown talent rather than praying for more bargain bin luck. I think the team is going to be really good. I'm also psyched for the pitch clock, the bigger bases, and the more balanced schedule. The shift I'm not so sure about, because I think it will lead to teams playing more sluggers who walk and strike out a lot. The 3TO stuff was the second-worst part of baseball and should be the worst now that there's a pitch clock.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:18 pm

Doing a traditional brats tailgate starting at noon on the deck with some friends. Watching the game inside though.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:35 pm

Read on Twitter
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,379

Post#13 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:44 pm

Holy ****, its opening day? Where did March go?
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,072

Post#14 » by MVP2110 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:44 pm

At first I was pretty surprised they stacked 3 lefties in a row but then I saw the Cubs don't have a single lefty in their Bullpen which seems really odd. Also I consider myself a pretty hard-core fan but I've literally never heard of the Cubs OD RF
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#15 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:58 pm

Very excited. No expectations for the season, just love that there's some fresh young talent we should be able to get a look at this season. Let's see what we got.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,696

Post#16 » by Matches Malone » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:10 pm

Excited for the season. Don't have high expectations, but want to see the young kids do well. Hoping Frelick gets called up relatively soon. He's been my favorite prospect to follow.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,001

Post#17 » by Ryan5UW » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:52 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Looking forward to the pitch clock. It will be interesting to see reaction when it starts costing players a strike (or ball). How strict will umps be especially in the late innings. I think you have to call it very strict. Have a light and/or sound go off so there is no question. Not like the NFL play clock where it's very loose. Average infractions went from just over 2 per game the first week of spring training to around 1 per game at the end.

I don't really care about the shift or base size. Sure the shift will help some players but I imagine it will be pretty even amongst all teams.

Have the edge of home plate light up red like the backboard does when the shot clock expires
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#18 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:52 pm

What's kind of cool about this season is even if **** goes south you'll still get to see a bunch of prospects and we can debate what awesome prospects they will get back in the mid season sell off.

But I think they will actually be good which is obliviously even more fun.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#19 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:59 pm

The Cubs might have a decent lineup if Bellinger can bounce back it all. It's crazy how far he and Yelich, in what should be their prime years, have fallen since being the best players in the NL in 2019.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#20 » by jimmybones » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:13 pm

This is not a huge deal at all but I find some of Counsell's batting order decisions to be weird. Adames second, Contreras 4th and splitting the two lefties 3/5 seems so obvious. Again, nitpicking, but Adames 2nd just makes too much sense to me.

Edit: I'm a major proponent of having your best guys 1, 2 and 4 and Adames and Contreras fit that mold to me.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers