ImageImage

Brewers/Mets Series

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Re: Brewers/Mets Series 

Post#121 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 9:22 pm

So weird that Burnes and Yelich are basically the only guys on the team that truly suck right now.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#122 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Apr 5, 2023 10:50 pm

That was a series! Hopefully people show up this weekend.
rayallenscalves
Junior
And1: 221

Post#123 » by rayallenscalves » Thu Apr 6, 2023 1:24 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Anderson had a .810 OPS stretch for almost 700 PA in 2019/20. If he can get back to that for a season it would be one of the best signings in baseball.

Obviously BA and the young guys won’t keep up this torrid pace all year, but Adames, Yelich, Contreras, Tellez will also likely be better than they have so far as well.

Anderson's numbers and playing time time have steadily decreased over the years, he peaked in 2019. Maybe the change of scenery and playing for a decent team will revive him. So far so good.

One underrated part about this squad is the depth that's been assembled. We are currently down. 2 above average starters in Tyrone Taylor & Luis Urias and we still have Sal Frelick in the minors. Injuries are going to happen and it's great that the Brewers have depth this year to be able to supplant the lineup when guys do get hurt so we aren't running out Johnathan Davis or Pablo Reyes our there

Agreed that the depth is nice. However, I'd argue that Taylor and Urias are merely average players, though Urias has the potential to be more. Even so, if the season continues to play out like the first week, I wonder what role each player has on this team. I could see Urias playing a super utility role around the infield, but I'd prefer Turang have the full-time 2B job. As for Taylor, I'd definitely rather see Mitchell, Frelick and Taylor get playing time over him. And then you've got guys like Anderson, Brosseau and Miller who can play multiple positions.

I could see guys like Taylor, Urias (to a lesser extent) and Keston (if anyone will have him) getting moved for some bullpen help at some point. That's what's nice about depth. They can trade their depth to fill in their gaps.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,073

Post#124 » by MVP2110 » Thu Apr 6, 2023 1:50 pm

rayallenscalves wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Anderson's numbers and playing time time have steadily decreased over the years, he peaked in 2019. Maybe the change of scenery and playing for a decent team will revive him. So far so good.

One underrated part about this squad is the depth that's been assembled. We are currently down. 2 above average starters in Tyrone Taylor & Luis Urias and we still have Sal Frelick in the minors. Injuries are going to happen and it's great that the Brewers have depth this year to be able to supplant the lineup when guys do get hurt so we aren't running out Johnathan Davis or Pablo Reyes our there

Agreed that the depth is nice. However, I'd argue that Taylor and Urias are merely average players, though Urias has the potential to be more. Even so, if the season continues to play out like the first week, I wonder what role each player has on this team. I could see Urias playing a super utility role around the infield, but I'd prefer Turang have the full-time 2B job. As for Taylor, I'd definitely rather see Mitchell, Frelick and Taylor get playing time over him. And then you've got guys like Anderson, Brosseau and Miller who can play multiple positions.

I could see guys like Taylor, Urias (to a lesser extent) and Keston (if anyone will have him) getting moved for some bullpen help at some point. That's what's nice about depth. They can trade their depth to fill in their gaps.

Both Tyrone Taylor & Luis Urias have been above average hitters & defenders the last two years. They aren't great or all stars or anything but they are certainly above average
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
thonnisbeastley
Pro Prospect
And1: 674

Post#125 » by thonnisbeastley » Thu Apr 6, 2023 2:26 pm

It's going to get weird when Taylor and Urias get back. I expect they'll send Wiemer down to Nashville even if he's hitting .300. Not sure who will be sacrificed in the infield, probably Brosseau.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,709

Post#126 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Apr 6, 2023 2:59 pm

Urias is obvious but I'm not really sure why we're penciling in Tyrone Taylor for AB's if the young kids continue to produce.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#127 » by engelmartin » Thu Apr 6, 2023 3:04 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:So weird that Burnes and Yelich are basically the only guys on the team that truly suck right now.

Rowdy kind of sucks too.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#128 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Apr 6, 2023 4:24 pm

Is this the best defensive team in a long time/ever?

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers