Brewers/Mets Series

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,519

Re: Brewers/Mets Series 

Post#81 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:44 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Anderson had a .810 OPS stretch for almost 700 PA in 2019/20. If he can get back to that for a season it would be one of the best signings in baseball.

Obviously BA and the young guys won’t keep up this torrid pace all year, but Adames, Yelich, Contreras, Tellez will also likely be better than they have so far as well.

Anderson's numbers and playing time time have steadily decreased over the years, he peaked in 2019. Maybe the change of scenery and playing for a decent team will revive him. So far so good.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,070

Post#82 » by MVP2110 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 1:57 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Anderson had a .810 OPS stretch for almost 700 PA in 2019/20. If he can get back to that for a season it would be one of the best signings in baseball.

Obviously BA and the young guys won’t keep up this torrid pace all year, but Adames, Yelich, Contreras, Tellez will also likely be better than they have so far as well.

Anderson's numbers and playing time time have steadily decreased over the years, he peaked in 2019. Maybe the change of scenery and playing for a decent team will revive him. So far so good.

One underrated part about this squad is the depth that's been assembled. We are currently down. 2 above average starters in Tyrone Taylor & Luis Urias and we still have Sal Frelick in the minors. Injuries are going to happen and it's great that the Brewers have depth this year to be able to supplant the lineup when guys do get hurt so we aren't running out Johnathan Davis or Pablo Reyes our there
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,708

Post#83 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Apr 5, 2023 2:00 pm

If you were worried about fan interest waning then you couldn't have asked for a better start with all the young guns showing out immediately. Hopefully people keep their expectations in check, but my excitement for this season is already at 2007 levels when we had the Braun/Fielder/Hardy trio ready to the lead the franchise.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#84 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 5, 2023 2:15 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:If you were worried about fan interest waning then you couldn't have asked for a better start with all the young guns showing out immediately. Hopefully people keep their expectations in check, but my excitement for this season is already at 2007 levels when we had the Braun/Fielder/Hardy trio ready to the lead the franchise.

Hopefully the good start plus good rookies resonates with fans. Last night they had under 20,000 fans. Yeah it was a crappy night out but we have plenty of those in WI. Last year they had under 20,000 only for the last 3 games of the season. Before that we hadn't had less than 20,000 since 4/26/17.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,080

Post#85 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Apr 5, 2023 3:10 pm

Read on Twitter
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,151

Post#86 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Apr 5, 2023 3:46 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Day game tomorrow means we likely see one or more of Miller/Voit/Brosseau but it would be nice to run back the lineup that's hot.

This is someone who's watched Craig Counsell fill out a lineup card for years. He just can't help himself.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,151

Post#87 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Apr 5, 2023 3:47 pm

What a fun start to the season. Love the rule changes to speed up the game and of course of course our rookies coming out hot.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#88 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Apr 5, 2023 4:16 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:If you were worried about fan interest waning then you couldn't have asked for a better start with all the young guns showing out immediately. Hopefully people keep their expectations in check, but my excitement for this season is already at 2007 levels when we had the Braun/Fielder/Hardy trio ready to the lead the franchise.

Hopefully the good start plus good rookies resonates with fans. Last night they had under 20,000 fans. Yeah it was a crappy night out but we have plenty of those in WI. Last year they had under 20,000 only for the last 3 games of the season. Before that we hadn't had less than 20,000 since 4/26/17.

Thought 19K seemed low. It is not like they were playing the Pirates or As either. I think people will comeback if winning and the youngsters sustain good play. I'm pretty engaged and even more so with the slightly shorter games.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,070

Post#89 » by MVP2110 » Wed Apr 5, 2023 4:20 pm

Yea attendance in baseball is almost always a year delayed. I think the lockout last year combined with not meeting expectations led to some frustration among the fan base. If this team keeps up this hot start we should hopefully see attendance go back up for the 2nd half of the year and especially next season(although if they trade away Burnes, Woodruff, and Adames that could put a major damper on things)
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#90 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 5, 2023 4:47 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

Thought 19K seemed low. It is not like they were playing the Pirates or As either. I think people will comeback if winning and the youngsters sustain good play. I'm pretty engaged and even more so with the slightly shorter games.

Right, the Mets are popular, there were quite a few Mets fans there. This weekend should have big attendance, Cards fans always travel well.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#91 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 5, 2023 4:54 pm

MVP2110 wrote:Yea attendance in baseball is almost always a year delayed. I think the lockout last year combined with not meeting expectations led to some frustration among the fan base. If this team keeps up this hot start we should hopefully see attendance go back up for the 2nd half of the year and especially next season(although if they trade away Burnes, Woodruff, and Adames that could put a major damper on things)

Yeah I think the Hader trade just rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, even though he struggled for awhile in SD. Hell we finished just one game behind the Phillies. We had the Mets at home in September last year and the Tuesday night game drew 26,319.

Looking forward to celebrating the World Series losing team from '82 again though.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,936

Post#92 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Apr 5, 2023 5:47 pm

Mets get completely shut down by Wade Miley yesterday and have a run across against Burnes in about 2 minutes. Baseball always makes perfect sense.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#93 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Apr 5, 2023 5:59 pm

Like I'm sorry but Yelich had two fastballs right down the middle basically sitting on a tee begging to be driven somewhere in that bat and had no shot. It's just a joke.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Apr 5, 2023 6:14 pm

JOEY.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#95 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Apr 5, 2023 6:15 pm

WIEMER!!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Apr 5, 2023 6:26 pm

FFS Burnes.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM

Post#97 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Apr 5, 2023 6:27 pm

Burnes killed the vibes. :(
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,675

Post#98 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Apr 5, 2023 6:27 pm

Come on Burnes

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#99 » by jimmybones » Wed Apr 5, 2023 6:35 pm

I'm pretty patient with baseball considering what a marathon it is. But Yelich is a problem. If you feel forced to pay him due to contract, at least get him out of these high leverage spots in the order FFS
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#100 » by jimmybones » Wed Apr 5, 2023 6:38 pm

Also it's going to get real awkward if a bunch of guys already on the roster look like they deserve ABs much more than Yelich. If Taylor and Urias come back, and Anderson is hitting, Voit looks solid, even guys like Brosseau are giving better ABs, how long can you justify trotting Yelich out there./ early af in the season rant

Return to Milwaukee Brewers