ImageImage

Brewers Game Thread - Division Champs!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Re: Brewers Game Thread - Division Champs! 

Post#1081 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:11 pm

I don't share any angst about the way they clinched in a slump. Hell, I would almost rather they lost all 3 Miami, but that 16-run game was fun. These games don't really matter; it's just one of those mediocre weeks that happens in baseball. There's no underlying indication of problems with the team, and in the big picture they're healthy at the right time and have been playing really well since the trade deadline. This year has been great and has said a lot about the character of the team and the competence of management. Go Brewers!

They have more wins than anyone else in the division since 2017 and nearly twice as many playoff wins as anyone else.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Re: Brewers Game Thread - Playoffs Clinched 

Post#1082 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:57 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Marlins .5 behind Cubs. They have a DH with Mets tomorrow. Pirates over the weekend.

I'm mixed about having meaningful games (for them) against the Cubs this weekend. The mouth breathers will be there but we can knock them out.

Now I'm hearing they may skip Burnes altogether with Woody pitching Thursday against the Cards and Peralta Friday against the Cubs. Not sure who would go Saturday. And probably Houser on Sunday.

I’m mixed too. I see Arizona has Houston to close and they probably are going to need wins to hold off Seattle. That could get dicey for the Diamondbacks.

Miami I can’t put my finger on. I would not be shocked if they won 5 or lost 5 the rest of the way.

Cubs gets 2 teams that are locked in their seed. If the Brewers want them out, they maybe play it out I guess. But more likely will setup the rotation for next week and not tax the pen.

Reds I just dont feel are going to do enough to leap 2 teams.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,074

Post#1083 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:20 pm

I don't want the Cubs in. Has nothing to do with them as a team, I just don't want their fans invading Milwaukee.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1084 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:47 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I don't want the Cubs in. Has nothing to do with them as a team, I just don't want their fans invading Milwaukee.

100% where I am.

I also think that they slightly underperformed earlier in the year and may be the toughest opponent, anyways.

The Marlins might be if their pitching was healthy. It's not. Cubs/D-Backs is a near wash but the Cubs have a better bullpen.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1085 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:18 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I don't want the Cubs in. Has nothing to do with them as a team, I just don't want their fans invading Milwaukee.

100% where I am.

I also think that they slightly underperformed earlier in the year and may be the toughest opponent, anyways.

The Marlins might be if their pitching was healthy. It's not. Cubs/D-Backs is a near wash but the Cubs have a better bullpen.

Same. I don’t see any way the stadium won’t be minimum 40% Cubs fans as its been kind of a weird year casual fan-wise for us as is. This weekend is going to be gross as I’m sure Brewers ticket holders are selling off since games mean nothing for us. Likely be majority Cubbie blue. I don’t need to deal with that during the playoffs too. And weird **** just happens when play the Cubs. They’ll all be close games that could go either way in the end.

I want the Marlins if I had to pick a team.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,727

Post#1086 » by jimmybones » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:28 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:I don't share any angst about the way they clinched in a slump. Hell, I would almost rather they lost all 3 Miami, but that 16-run game was fun. These games don't really matter; it's just one of those mediocre weeks that happens in baseball. There's no underlying indication of problems with the team, and in the big picture they're healthy at the right time and have been playing really well since the trade deadline. This year has been great and has said a lot about the character of the team and the competence of management. Go Brewers!

They have more wins than anyone else in the division since 2017 and nearly twice as many playoff wins as anyone else.

Correct, long season man. Losing the day you clinch doesn't make it any less earned or awesome to win a season long competition
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,503

Post#1087 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:31 pm

Schlesinger on the air last night said there were "plenty" of tickets available. He also said he didn't have a preferred opponent but you know from the business side the team definitely wants the Cubs and 2/3 sellouts. I'm sure there are others like me that are waiting to see if we face the Cubs before buying tix.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1088 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:48 pm

DBacks win, Marlins going to lose game 1. Ugh
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#1089 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:18 pm

Bad matinee game, but if the Marlins win and the Cubs lose tonight, the Marlins will still control their destiny. The Diamondbacks are likely to be the 5 seed, and I'm fine with that because I wanted to avoid their rotation. Their magic number is 3 out of 9 with respect to the Cubs and also 3 out of 9 with respect to the Marlins. So even if they win just 1 out of 4, the Marlins or Cubs would have to go 4-1 to pass them.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1090 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:57 am

Chafin is easily my least favorite Brewer of all time.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,682

Post#1091 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:58 am

Here comes Chafin to ruin another day!
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#1092 » by BUCKnation » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:04 am

Chafin should only be used in blow outs for the playoffs
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1093 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:00 am

Marlins split and Cubs lose. They are now tied. We can take the Cubs out this weekend. Marlins play Pittsburgh.

But we also have to manage the pitching staff.

Right now we have Woodruff and Peralta pencilled in for Friday and Saturday.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1094 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:05 am

If Cubs lose tomorrow and the Marlins win, think we’d only need to win 1 of 3 this weekend to eliminate Cubs as they don’t own like any tiebreakers.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1095 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:08 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Schlesinger on the air last night said there were "plenty" of tickets available. He also said he didn't have a preferred opponent but you know from the business side the team definitely wants the Cubs and 2/3 sellouts. I'm sure there are others like me that are waiting to see if we face the Cubs before buying tix.

Interesting. I felt they were pretty picked over on the presale last Thursday but I guess all the pockets of availability add up. I just didn’t want to drop $80-110/ticket on Loge/Field OF Level seats and then game ends up being afternoon or something.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1096 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:22 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Schlesinger on the air last night said there were "plenty" of tickets available. He also said he didn't have a preferred opponent but you know from the business side the team definitely wants the Cubs and 2/3 sellouts. I'm sure there are others like me that are waiting to see if we face the Cubs before buying tix.

Interesting. I felt they were pretty picked over on the presale last Thursday but I guess all the pockets of availability add up. I just didn’t want to drop $80-110/ticket on Loge/Field OF Level seats and then game ends up being afternoon or something.

Yeah I was surprised by that. Usually he says something like "tickets are going fast, you better get yours now". Saying there were plenty left was interesting.

I do think not knowing the start time is a big factor. BA speculated tonight that if it's the Cubs he thinks it would be a night game. But he said he really had no idea for sure.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1097 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:17 pm

Go Marlins imo

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=RtIgSClDm6VuNvDiS51TOQ
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#1098 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:52 pm

D-Backs lost. I don't want them in the 6-seed, as Gallen and Kelly would be able to pitch games 2 and 3 on full rest in a first-round series. The loss does mean they'll have to use Gallen tomorrow, and probably Kelly on Saturday, against a motivated Astros team.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1099 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:37 pm

Ethan Small and Garrett Mitchell leading the Brewers to wins, just like I predicted in 2020.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#1100 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:10 am

Cubs lose, Marlins lead 2-1 with runners on 1st and 2nd and 2 outs in the top of the 9th before the game is suspended in Queens. That could be a perfect scenario for the Brewers because the Marlins might have to return to NY Monday to finish that game and lock up the 6 seed, ruining their rest day before the first round.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers