Brewers/MLB Prediction Thread - Locks Friday morning

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,510

Brewers/MLB Prediction Thread - Locks Friday morning 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:06 pm

Be as general or specific if you want. Just the Brewers or break down playoffs. This will lock Thursday morning.

I think this is a down year. No playoffs. Pitching isn't there, too many question marks with the young guys. Hopefully some of them show enough promise that we can build around them. I won't panic if Chourio starts slow. Despite his fielding problems in the spring I hope he plays at least 5 times a week, whether in RF or DH. He needs to play to develop. Willie dealt if he's having a decent season and has some value. I'll be most focused once the Bucks are done until Packers training camp opens.

As for the rest of the league, I don't care other than I hope the Cubs and Dodgers suck. The Dodgers won't suck but hopefully they don't win the title. If forced to root for a contender I'll pick the Braves.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,686

Re: Brewers/MLB Prediction Thread - Locks Thursday morning 

Post#2 » by Matches Malone » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:39 pm

I'm mostly interested in seeing how the young arms develop. Hall and hopefully Gasser at some point will be fun to follow. Maybe we get a Rodriguez or Jacob Miso appearance at the end of the season. Misiorowski is hilarious to pitch with on MLB the show. 6'8 player models look like gumby :lol:

I'm thinking 2nd or 3rd in the division this year but if the pitching can surprise us, a wildcard wouldn't be crazy.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
gbmb34
Pro Prospect
And1: 80

Post#3 » by gbmb34 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:33 pm

83 wins in it until the end but no playoffs.

Chourio is good, not great. Offense actually ends up really good while pitching takes a while to settle in (both rotation & bullpen).
packerbreakdown.wordpress.com
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,077

Post#4 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:35 pm

I think they can and will still challenge for the Central, but I see them closer to 84 wins than 92. Nobody in the division is really great, but no one is bad either. I think everyone is going to play around with .500 most of the year and health largely determines the winner.

I think Chourio has a good shot at ROTY and he'll have a lot of good traditional counting stats, but he's going to strike out a lot.

I think this year they'll come off of Hall and Miso being starters, and both will be in the bullpen (and kicking ass) by late summer.

My hope is Frelick at third is real, but I don't think it matters a ton in the grand scheme of things because Wilken will hit his way on to the big league club by this summer. He's on the fast track and barring injury, he's going to be up quickly.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,066

Post#5 » by MVP2110 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:52 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I think they can and will still challenge for the Central, but I see them closer to 84 wins than 92. Nobody in the division is really great, but no one is bad either. I think everyone is going to play around with .500 most of the year and health largely determines the winner.

I think Chourio has a good shot at ROTY and he'll have a lot of good traditional counting stats, but he's going to strike out a lot.

I think this year they'll come off of Hall and Miso being starters, and both will be in the bullpen (and kicking ass) by late summer.

My hope is Frelick at third is real, but I don't think it matters a ton in the grand scheme of things because Wilken will hit his way on to the big league club by this summer. He's on the fast track and barring injury, he's going to be up quickly.

What do you think happens with Black? If Hoskins is at 1st & Wilken at 3rd is Black just DHing?
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,077

Post#6 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:34 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I think they can and will still challenge for the Central, but I see them closer to 84 wins than 92. Nobody in the division is really great, but no one is bad either. I think everyone is going to play around with .500 most of the year and health largely determines the winner.

What do you think happens with Black? If Hoskins is at 1st & Wilken at 3rd is Black just DHing?

Think he takes over for Monasterio when ready and plays the utility role. He can pinch run and sub in anywhere late in games too.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,706

Post#7 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:25 pm

78-wins. I was more optimistic than most last season, but it's just hard for me to believe there aren't gonna be significant growing pains with such a young roster this year. Starting pitching is too much of a question mark.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#8 » by LittleRooster » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:48 pm

75 wins. Starting pitching too much of a question mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,073

Post#9 » by Wisky4life » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:45 pm

90 wins. 1st round exit. We question life as it exists. On to next season. Rinse-water-Repeat.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
Brewster
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#10 » by Brewster » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:55 am

85-90 playoff season. A team will beat us in the playoffs and makes it to the World Series. That's how its been for the Brewers.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,853

Post#11 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:12 am

83 wins, no playoffs.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,724

Post#12 » by msiris » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:28 am

69 wins just because
Ride the tank
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#13 » by BigDee » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:28 pm

My gut says 79 wins.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#14 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:52 pm

85 wins, first round loss.

DL Hall turns in a season nearly as good as Corbin Burnes does falling short due to innings management.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,329

Post#15 » by jute2003 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:32 pm

Probably fighting for the division most of the year. 84ish wins. Surprisingly good offense combined with expectedly poor pitching
only a fan, only an opinion
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,066

Post#16 » by humanrefutation » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:08 am

76-86. Our pitching depth is too thin to survive injuries, and that is our downfall.

On the plus side, Chourio and Ortiz look legit.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#17 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 am

Brewers: 78-84, 4th in Central
MVP: Contreras
Surprise (Positive): Adames has a bounce back season and likely ends up traded in July.
Surprise (Negative): Bullpen struggles. Payamps doesn’t replicate 2023, Uribe is erratic, etc.
Buyers/Sellers at Deadline: Sellers

I was cautiously optimistic last year and honestly was feeling good when camp started. I lost alot of optimism in the last month. I think the rotation is going to be pretty bad, already have alot of injuries, and banking on alot of youth to perform. Plus likely will move some guys like Adames if treading water or worse.

World Series Champ: Dodgers
Runner-Up: Orioles
AL Playoff Teams: Orioles, Tigers, Rangers, Mariners, Astros, Blue Jays.
NL Playoff Teams: Braves, Cardinals, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Phillies, Padres
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,673

Post#18 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 am

Like most I'm less optimistic than I was a month ago but I think they'll scrape out a .500 season. Hope the youngins play well.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,510

Post#19 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

Since Brewers opening day has been pushed back we'll keep this open until tomorrow morning.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers