ImageImage

Washington Nationals at Milwaukee Brewers 5-7-07, 7:05pm

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,611

Post#21 » by aboveAverage » Tue May 8, 2007 2:29 am

Cordero is awesome. He never lets us down. I remember when we traded carlos lee for him last year, and everyone was freaking out, but Peter Brown was in love with cordero. He said that cordero would pay off in the future, and he is paying off enormously.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#22 » by Buck You » Tue May 8, 2007 2:35 am

And the beat goes on.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#23 » by bigkurty » Tue May 8, 2007 2:37 am

aboveAverage wrote:Cordero is awesome. He never lets us down. I remember when we traded carlos lee for him last year, and everyone was freaking out, but Peter Brown was in love with cordero. He said that cordero would pay off in the future, and he is paying off enormously.

Yeah Melvin has made a lot of good trades but that one was totally awesome. Go figure, we let Texas rent Lee for two months in exchange for an allstar closer who we could keep around for years if we want. Plus we got Mench who has actually finally proven to be valuable. After all those great trades, Melvin better win GM of the year if we continue to keep rolling.
Buck4Life
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Buck4Life » Tue May 8, 2007 2:37 am

LETS DO IT! :clap:
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#25 » by El Duderino » Tue May 8, 2007 5:33 am

Yeah Melvin has made a lot of good trades but that one was totally awesome. Go figure, we let Texas rent Lee for two months in exchange for an allstar closer who we could keep around for years if we want.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Cordero if we make the playoffs and he finishes the year with great numbers.If he demands a 4-5 year deal at big money,i highly question if Melvin keeps him.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#26 » by WEFFPIM » Tue May 8, 2007 5:48 am

El Duderino wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens with Cordero if we make the playoffs and he finishes the year with great numbers.If he demands a 4-5 year deal at big money,i highly question if Melvin keeps him.

I would think that all would depend on how Turnbow performs in the 8th inning. If he keeps up these numbers and the teams makes it to the playoffs, then Melvin would probably look to move Turnbow back into the closers role.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers