NewWulf
Ballboy
And1: 0

Getting Dissed By An Airhead 

Post#1 » by NewWulf » Sun Jul 6, 2008 9:10 pm

Dayn Perry used this article to diss the Twins:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8308 ... foundation

Here's the laugher line:

If disappointing young hitters like Delmon Young and Carlos Gomez step it up in the second half, if Liriano comes back and contributes, and if Michael Cuddyer and Adam Everett come back from injury and start hitting, then the Twins can pull off the minor miracle.

Perry thinks that the Twins can't contend unless Everett hits? This guy's an idiot. He needs to run for village idiot somewhere.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Re: Getting Dissed By An Airhead 

Post#2 » by Klomp » Sun Jul 6, 2008 10:02 pm

LOL

Has he watched a game?

1. Delmon has been stepping it up lately. Home runs don't tell the whole story.
2. Gomez is someone we all knew would have a hot and cold season. I've been happy with his performance thus far.
3. I agree Cuddyer needs to start hitting, but lately the outfielders have been playing better with less of a logjam.
4. Adam Everett? Are you serious?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
NewWulf
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by NewWulf » Sun Jul 6, 2008 10:55 pm

klomp44 wrote:LOL

Has he watched a game?

I wouldn't bet on it.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#4 » by Worm Guts » Mon Jul 7, 2008 1:14 pm

klomp44 wrote:LOL

Has he watched a game?

1. Delmon has been stepping it up lately. Home runs don't tell the whole story.
2. Gomez is someone we all knew would have a hot and cold season. I've been happy with his performance thus far.
3. I agree Cuddyer needs to start hitting, but lately the outfielders have been playing better with less of a logjam.
4. Adam Everett? Are you serious?

I don't think you understood the point of the article. Statistically, the Twins shouldn't be scoring as many runs as they have been. They've been lucky. He's saying that the Twins won't continue having the same type of run production unless they improve their OBP and slugging percentage. By citing Gomez, Young and Cuddyer as players who have underperformed, he's saying that the Twins have a chance to maintain their run production if those players play up to their potential.

Return to Minnesota Twins