ImageImageImageImageImage

did you see that Pitch, Valverde to LoDuca?

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,465

did you see that Pitch, Valverde to LoDuca? 

Post#1 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri May 4, 2007 9:21 am

I think it was LoDuca (might have been Green) - I don't exactly remember - it was the 3rd ball but it was real close. Call could have gone either way.

but after that pitch - Valverde couldn't get anything over the plate, or, when he did - it was a gimme right down the middle.

I guess it's the nature of baseball, that one call can get a guy thinking and throw is game off. I mean - if that was a strike, maybe Loduca doesn't get walked & maybe Valverde has his head on better when pitching to Easley.
Didn't expect to be rooting for the Celtics, but that's what happened.

Go Boston, Go Boston. Go Boston. Crush the silly Mavericks.
majorleads
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: did you see that Pitch, Valverde to LoDuca? 

Post#2 » by majorleads » Fri May 4, 2007 4:04 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:I think it was LoDuca (might have been Green) - I don't exactly remember - it was the 3rd ball but it was real close. Call could have gone either way.

but after that pitch - Valverde couldn't get anything over the plate, or, when he did - it was a gimme right down the middle.

I guess it's the nature of baseball, that one call can get a guy thinking and throw is game off. I mean - if that was a strike, maybe Loduca doesn't get walked & maybe Valverde has his head on better when pitching to Easley.

You're probably referring to the LoDuca ab because there were several pitches the ump could have called a strike. Easley follow, first 2 pitches were balls then Valverde grooved the next pitch right over the plate and you know what happened next...

:rockon:
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,465

Re: did you see that Pitch, Valverde to LoDuca? 

Post#3 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri May 4, 2007 8:01 pm

majorleads wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You're probably referring to the LoDuca ab because there were several pitches the ump could have called a strike. Easley follow, first 2 pitches were balls then Valverde grooved the next pitch right over the plate and you know what happened next...

:rockon:

He completely lost it. :D
Didn't expect to be rooting for the Celtics, but that's what happened.

Go Boston, Go Boston. Go Boston. Crush the silly Mavericks.
majorleads
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by majorleads » Sat May 5, 2007 12:03 am

Ohhh man I love those come from behind late inning hr's. I was screaming when Easley hit that hr, I think I woke up my neighbors! Then Wright tops it off with a bomb. Beautiful win. :clap:

Return to New York Mets