ImageImageImageImageImage

Theres no way Gomez should go down...

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,468

Post#21 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat May 19, 2007 4:17 am

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

In what world is Jorge Sosa anywhere near Rich Harden in quality? Rich Harden, when he is healthy, is 10x better than Jorge Sosa will ever be.

and Victor Zambrano was worth a top minor league project. Right? He was an impressive Devilrays pitcher - only Jays Pitcher with a winning record over a 3 year span. (that is, until they got that Kid with the Ace stuff that we gave them).

Sosa looks good. harden is on the IL. It's awful hard to trade a rather young, 3-0 2 point somethin era pitcher for an injured one and say "you got a steal".

I'd think Hard before trading a rotation pitcher who's pitching well for an established pitcher on the IL. It's not a lock.
Didn't expect to be rooting for the Celtics, but that's what happened.

Go Boston, Go Boston. Go Boston. Crush the silly Mavericks.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#22 » by cmaff051 » Sun May 20, 2007 3:36 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Sosa looks good. harden is on the IL. It's awful hard to trade a rather young, 3-0 2 point somethin era pitcher for an injured one and say "you got a steal".

Do you honestly expect Sosa to keep up his 2 ERA. He's had a couple of fluky starts, he'll go back to being an awful pitcher. Go look at his career.
TdoubleE
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#23 » by TdoubleE » Sun May 20, 2007 3:46 am

Do you honestly expect Sosa to keep up his 2 ERA. He's had a couple of fluky starts, he'll go back to being an awful pitcher. Go look at his career.

That was before Peterson got hold of him. He may have just turned the corner on his career.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#24 » by cmaff051 » Sun May 20, 2007 3:49 am

TdoubleE wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That was before Peterson got hold of him. He may have just turned the corner on his career.

:rofl: :rofl: From a scrub to a dominant pitcher like Pedro in his prime? That's funny.
gooGD
Rookie

Post#25 » by gooGD » Sun May 20, 2007 5:51 am

:rofl: :rofl: From a scrub to a dominant pitcher like Pedro in his prime? That's funny.

scrub?

you obviously dont have your facts straight. 13-3 as a starter in 05 with a sub 3 era before he was moved to the bullpen.
gooGD
Rookie

Re: Theres no way Gomez should go down... 

Post#26 » by gooGD » Sun May 20, 2007 6:00 am

holdupstop23 wrote:How can we send this guy down? Im getting worried about Milledge's future with us...

1 game... calm down.

blueNorange wrote:I've been saying this but a lot of posters down play it ... if Omar Minaya had a choice to keep 2 out of the 3 in CarGo, Thrilledge, and King Fernando ... Minaya would choose CarGo and King Fernando since they both have MORE potential and don't have a negative vibe around them.

with that said, King Fernando went 3 for 5 and hit his 2nd homer in AA ..... and the kid is only 18!!!

not all prospects turn into gems. We'll be lucky if 2 of these 3 kids turn out into great players (wright/reyes level). I dont care how much we hype these guys up and how fast they are etc.
i shouldnt have to remind you guys of the alex escobars of the world.

but yes, it would be ideal to keep 2 of the 3.

YungNeef wrote:If Pelfrey can't get his secondary **** down, I wouldn't mind facing him.

kinda reminds me of john maine last year?
YungNeef
RealGM

Post#27 » by YungNeef » Sun May 20, 2007 6:27 am

Maine's secondary pitches got better over the season. Pelfrey has been working on his for 2 years. It's like Pelfrey pitched good enough to make the staff and since then has pitched bad. I don't know what it is, but with him I expected a loss everytime. Maybe they should let him go back to throwing hard. He has been in the low 90s this season.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,468

Post#28 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun May 20, 2007 7:29 am

Do you honestly expect me to say "OK, let's throw Sosa in as filler in a trade to get Hardin?" Do Ya? Punk!!!

Well, you got a nother thing Coming Mannn. I'm not going to say that. Not. - and, NO!!!

if Sosa is our #5 start this year and if he wins 11 and looses 6 and his ERA goes to 3 or 4 - I'll take that 6 days a week. He's cheap too.
TdoubleE
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by TdoubleE » Sun May 20, 2007 2:42 pm

I was actually thinking of Mike Scott pre-splitter for those old enough to remember him in his days as a Met.

Every few years there is a guy that goes from journeyman to quality pitcher. It happens. Dont know if thats the case here, but I'd rather wait and see with Sosa than gamble on Harden. We could have the 2005 Sosa.

Return to New York Mets