ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Willie too lax?

eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Is Willie too lax? 

Post#1 » by eviL » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:09 pm

We all know how Willie is very laidback and relaxed in the dugout. With our recent string of losses, do the Mets need Willie to get loud and get in their faces? Challenge them to step it up and get them fired up?

I seriously doubt Willie has ever done it, he seems much too soft spoken. I don't think we have a guy on our team who will get loud and emotionally charge the clubhouse. Maybe Lo Duca.. Maybe Wright (in a year or two). I think it's about time for someone to go off like that and get everyone riled up. But who wants to be the man?
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#2 » by randomhero423 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:07 pm

this is a much diff situation than NYY. wright and lo duca defintely want this to end, and they seem like the stand up guys to say something.

when it comes down to it, willie ain't gonna get you runs, he just manages the team.
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#3 » by mjhp911 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:46 pm

I think Wright and LoDuca would be the most vocal guys. Delgado too, with the Latin players... but he's been sucking too, of late. Wags probably speaks out most for the pitchers, Glavine is too cerebral and laid back. Pedro would probably address the Latin players, but he's still on the DL, so his words won't be as effective. Willie needs to start stepping on toes more. We better right this ship before the wheels come completely off...

Return to New York Mets