ImageImageImageImageImage

Diamondbacks could be interested in David Wright.

NYman15
Veteran
And1: 23

Diamondbacks could be interested in David Wright. 

Post#1 » by NYman15 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:07 am

"In a report for ESPN, Buster Olney suggests the Diamondbacks could “join the parade of teams expected to ask the Mets about the availability of third baseman David Wright.”

http://www.metsblog.com/2011/10/15/olne ... id-wright/

I'm sure we'll keep hearing more speculation about David Wright and his availability and which teams could be after him. I think Wright could be a great fit in Arizona and they have some very good prospects. However, I still think we see the Mets keeping Wright. I still think he is part of the solution here.

We've now heard both the Rockies and Diamondback's both have interest in Wright. I've also heard the Tigers could have interest and some other teams as well.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Re: Diamondbacks could be interested in David Wright. 

Post#2 » by treiz » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:45 pm

Not surprised, hard for me to imagine him in any other uniform but if it gets us some quality prospects then why not.
NYman15
Veteran

Post#3 » by NYman15 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:22 pm

It's hard for me to see him in another uniform as well as it is hard for me to see Jose Reyes in another uniform as well. However, I think there's a better chance we see Reyes in a different uniform than Wright. However, I wouldn't be shocked if Wrights gets traded this winter or next summer. I think if Reyes leaves, I think there's a better chance we see Sandy trade Wright as well and get some more prospects and just completely rebuild. However, I think in the end, Wrights stays a Met for the rest of his career.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#4 » by treiz » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:11 pm

NYman15 wrote:It's hard for me to see him in another uniform as well as it is hard for me to see Jose Reyes in another uniform as well. However, I think there's a better chance we see Reyes in a different uniform than Wright. However, I wouldn't be shocked if Wrights gets traded this winter or next summer. I think if Reyes leaves, I think there's a better chance we see Sandy trade Wright as well and get some more prospects and just completely rebuild. However, I think in the end, Wrights stays a Met for the rest of his career.

Would love for him to stay a Met for the rest of his career, but like you said this boils down on what happens to Reyes this season, if he goes Wright goes.
NYman15
Veteran

Post#5 » by NYman15 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:52 pm

Agreed. I think he wants to be a Met for the rest of his career and I think the Mets want him to be a Met for the rest of his career, but trading him might be the best decision for the franchise going forward.

Return to New York Mets