ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: New York Mets

RealGM
And1: 39,218

Re: OT: New York Mets 

Post#121 » by 2010 » Wed Aug 6, 2014 4:28 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
2010 wrote:Another good outting from Wheeler

He grinded this one out and made great pitches when he had to (double plays). Good learning experience for him to win when he didn't have his best command.

Coupled with the news of Harvey throwing off the mound and feeling good, I'm really beginning to get excited about next season.

Harvey
Wheeler
deGrom
Niese
Gee
Colon

Syndergaard
Montero

I'm beginning to think unless we can get Giancarlos Stanton, maybe we should just hold onto our young pitching pieces. It would end up being a mistake trading Syndergaard for someone like CarGo. My gut firmly leads me to believe that.

At this point, I'd rather we trade two out of the three vets I colored in blue. Save the remainder for insurance and just sign a guy like Melky to play LF and reassess where we are down the line. Cuz I don't wanna give up Wheeler, deGrom, or Syndergaard.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#122 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 6, 2014 4:34 am

Jose7© wrote:Wright and Grandy have to get it together.. We need them to have big augusts..

Something's got to be wrong with Wright. That shoulder must really be bothering him. Though I saw him swing the bat pretty hard tonight.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#123 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 6, 2014 4:35 am

2010 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

He grinded this one out and made great pitches when he had to (double plays). Good learning experience for him to win when he didn't have his best command.

Coupled with the news of Harvey throwing off the mound and feeling good, I'm really beginning to get excited about next season.

Harvey
Wheeler
deGrom
Niese
Gee
Colon

Syndergaard
Montero

I'm beginning to think unless we can get Giancarlos Stanton, maybe we should just hold onto our young pitching pieces. It would end up being a mistake trading Syndergaard for someone like CarGo. My gut firmly leads me to believe that.

At this point, I'd rather we trade two out of the three vets I colored in blue. Save the remainder for insurance and just sign a guy like Melky to play LF and reassess where we are down the line. Cuz I don't wanna give up Wheeler, deGrom, or Syndergaard.

:nod:
Free Palestine
RealGM

Post#124 » by 2010 » Wed Aug 6, 2014 5:56 am

LAS VEGAS 3, SACRAMENTO 0:
Rafael Montero limited Sacramento to one hit in eight innings. He struck out 11 and walked two in a 105-pitch effort. Montero has now tossed 14 2/3 scoreless innings and surrendered only four hits in his past two starts.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#125 » by Stannis » Wed Aug 6, 2014 6:55 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

He lucked out hard though. If that hit didn't touch the National runner, totally different game. :)
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#126 » by Stannis » Wed Aug 6, 2014 7:10 am

Imagine if... Harvey, Wheeler, and deGrom continue to be #1-2 quality. And Syndergaard and Montero become #3-4 quality at least, by the next season.

That'd be some insane pitching rotation right there.

You guys think Niese, Gee, and Colon could bring some decent return? I like them a lot. But will probably have to say goodbye to them soon. I doubt they want to be kept as insurance. There are other teams that could use them.

I think Niese will stay next season, while Thor or Mont get starts here and there.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#127 » by Stannis » Wed Aug 6, 2014 7:12 am

Can someone tell me what's the point of Chris Young, and why he is making 7 million?

You guys think Granderson will ever produce more?
Free Palestine
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,519

Post#128 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed Aug 6, 2014 2:24 pm

Travis Knight wrote:Can someone tell me what's the point of Chris Young, and why he is making 7 million?

You guys think Granderson will ever produce more?

Chris young is a scrub that needs to be cut. And bring up matt dendecker and let him and Captain Kirk battle it out for that Lf spot until we get a ML level Lf.

And this is wat granderson is when he's not at Yankee stadium. If he was still in pinstripes he'd probably have 20+ home runs already. Hes hot alot of flyballs at citi that would be bombs in yankee stadium. Not expecting much, 240 BA and 25 homeruns.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#129 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Aug 6, 2014 2:34 pm

Mets future looks bright. That offense still has a lot of question marks though. It has become popular to say they are a big bat away but I still see a lot of holes. Mind you I am a Yankees fan, but I am not hating, I'd much rather be in Mets situation right now than Yankees.

I think Mets should flip Colon, and Granderson not necessarily together. Granderson is a good player but he's a bad fit in Citi field.

I think Murphy, Wright and Duda are keepers.

I think if everything works out for them and they get that big bat they will probably be in the hunt for playoffs next season. After that with right moves they will be a contender for several years.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#130 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 6, 2014 4:31 pm

Travis Knight wrote:Imagine if... Harvey, Wheeler, and deGrom continue to be #1-2 quality. And Syndergaard and Montero become #3-4 quality at least, by the next season.

That'd be some insane pitching rotation right there.

You guys think Niese, Gee, and Colon could bring some decent return? I like them a lot. But will probably have to say goodbye to them soon. I doubt they want to be kept as insurance. There are other teams that could use them.

I think Niese will stay next season, while Thor or Mont get starts here and there.

Syndergaard has no. 1 stuff Travis. We could have 1a, 1b, and 1c in the rotation.

I think if Gee straightens himself out with a string a good outings before the season is over, he could be part of a package to bring back something worthwhile. Niese, I'm not so sure about right now. Yes, his ERA is solid (3.24?) but that fastball is down to 87-88. Not good. Plus, there's concern about his shoulder. So, I dunno about him.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#131 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 6, 2014 4:35 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Mets future looks bright. That offense still has a lot of question marks though. It has become popular to say they are a big bat away but I still see a lot of holes. Mind you I am a Yankees fan, but I am not hating, I'd much rather be in Mets situation right now than Yankees.

I think Mets should flip Colon, and Granderson not necessarily together. Granderson is a good player but he's a bad fit in Citi field.

I think if everything works out for them and they get that big bat they will probably be in the hunt for playoffs next season. After that with right moves they will be a contender for several years.

Mace, was Granderson as streaky for the Yankees as he's been for the Mets? It seems like he's either tearing the cover off the ball or can't hit a lick, i.e. all or nothing with him. I wasn't a big fan of that signing, so I wouldn't cry if he was traded but we'd need to get another hitting OF back in return.

Btw, I like the moves the Yankees made at at the deadline (Headley, Drew and Prado). Nothing earth shaking, but moves that definitely improved the line-up. Roberts and Johnson were horrible.
Free Palestine
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#132 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Aug 6, 2014 4:56 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:Mets future looks bright. That offense still has a lot of question marks though. It has become popular to say they are a big bat away but I still see a lot of holes. Mind you I am a Yankees fan, but I am not hating, I'd much rather be in Mets situation right now than Yankees.

Mace, was Granderson as streaky for the Yankees as he's been for the Mets? It seems like he's either tearing the cover off the ball or can't hit a lick, i.e. all or nothing with him. I wasn't a big fan of that signing, so I wouldn't cry if he was traded but we'd need to get another hitting OF back in return.

Btw, I like the moves the Yankees made at at the deadline (Headley, Drew and Prado). Nothing earth shaking, but moves that definitely improved the line-up. Roberts and Johnson were horrible.

Granderson had his moments with the Yankees but I was never as big on him as some other fans. He's very much a feast or famine type of hitter. Also IMHO he hit a lot of one run homers or meaningless homers. That being said I think the Yankees missed him this season (they really could have used his power) and he was a beast in Yankee Stadium say what you will. I like hitters who don't strike out a lot and are good situational hitters. He just wasn't my kind of player (can't help it, grew up watching great situational hitters like Paul O'Neill, Bernie, Don Mattingly, etc). I don't think he's a good fit in citi because it's too big a park for him.

I really like the Headley signing as well. I think he's gonna end up being one of the under the radar moves that work out really well. The Yankees have been tough and gritty this season. They've actually been kind of fun to follow because they are in every game unfortunately the problem with this team is that there is no hope for the future on the field and at the plate. If they had a couple of young players on offense it would be more exciting.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#133 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Aug 6, 2014 5:17 pm

2010 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Harvey
Wheeler
deGrom
Niese
Gee
Colon

Syndergaard
Montero

You gotta give to get. I would personally be all for trading Wheeler. We know he is going to be a good pitcher in the league, which is worth something. However, he does not appear to have "ace" stuff, more so has 2 or 3 man stuff. If you can use him to get Stanton and have the heart of the order being Wright-Murph-Stanton-Duda, we got something brewing. We also have to expect that we can find a 5th starter during the off-season. Our management has shown creativity thus far getting guys like Colon and Capuano. 4 starters for sure we have in Harvey, DeGrom, Niese, Colon and we can hope Syndergaard of Asgaard becomes something special too. Keep in mind, it is usually good to have some veteran starters on the roster to help the young guys progress and get through tough times.

Mets need some serious pop. Our rotation is not what is holding us back from the playoffs.

Look at SF. They had that elite pitching and also had some power guys mixed in.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Stannis
RealGM

Post#134 » by Stannis » Wed Aug 6, 2014 8:41 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Syndergaard has no. 1 stuff Travis. We could have 1a, 1b, and 1c in the rotation.

I think if Gee straightens himself out with a string a good outings before the season is over, he could be part of a package to bring back something worthwhile. Niese, I'm not so sure about right now. Yes, his ERA is solid (3.24?) but that fastball is down to 87-88. Not good. Plus, there's concern about his shoulder. So, I dunno about him.
Yea, I know Thor has potential to be a true number 1. But it just seems to good to be true for him to be one right when he enters the league. Just too good to be true.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#135 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 6, 2014 9:08 pm

Travis Knight wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Yea, I know Thor has potential to be a true number 1. But it just seems to good to be true for him to be one right when he enters the league. Just too good to be true.

Haha. I feel ya. I've been a Mets fan for a long time too. But we did trade the NL Cy Young award winner for him.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#136 » by Stannis » Wed Aug 6, 2014 10:21 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Haha. I feel ya. I've been a Mets fan for a long time too. But we did trade the NL Cy Young award winner for him.

I actually used to be a Yankees fan when I was younger, when I would only really watch Postseason October ball. So I'm no long time Met fan like you.

RA Dickey got me into the Mets and baseball in general. Then eventually I got attached to them, and I've grown to hate the AL's DH rule to death. Disgrace to the sport and makes games a bore-fest.

I still like the Yankees though, mainly b/c I hate the Red Sox. 8-)

I miss Dickey, but I'm still surprised the Mets got that package for him. I think Dickey is going to always be a 4.00 ERA guy in the AL. Might have been 3.5 if he stayed in the NL. Seriously doubt he would have another Cy Young year or a <3.00 ERA year if he stayed with the Mets. Think Thor is going to have a rocky start when he plays next year. But will have great consistent performances midway through the season, like Wheeler. If Thor just started owning **** like Harvey did, it'd be astonishing.
Free Palestine
RealGM

Post#137 » by 2010 » Wed Aug 6, 2014 10:28 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
2010 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Harvey
Wheeler
deGrom
Niese
Gee
Colon

Syndergaard
Montero

You gotta give to get. I would personally be all for trading Wheeler. We know he is going to be a good pitcher in the league, which is worth something. However, he does not appear to have "ace" stuff, more so has 2 or 3 man stuff. If you can use him to get Stanton and have the heart of the order being Wright-Murph-Stanton-Duda, we got something brewing. We also have to expect that we can find a 5th starter during the off-season. Our management has shown creativity thus far getting guys like Colon and Capuano. 4 starters for sure we have in Harvey, DeGrom, Niese, Colon and we can hope Syndergaard of Asgaard becomes something special too. Keep in mind, it is usually good to have some veteran starters on the roster to help the young guys progress and get through tough times.

Mets need some serious pop. Our rotation is not what is holding us back from the playoffs.

Look at SF. They had that elite pitching and also had some power guys mixed in.

I think you must have missed the enlarged bold part.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#138 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 7, 2014 1:55 am

Niese losing trade value. Got shelled tonight. Offense was putrid. But we can take the series with a win tomorrow.

LGM
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#139 » by Stannis » Thu Aug 7, 2014 2:32 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Niese losing trade value. Got shelled tonight. Offense was putrid. But we can take the series with a win tomorrow.

LGM
I'm for calling up Thor or Montero now. Not because I want to see them in the bigs, but I think Niese is in need of some time off.

Anyone think Granderson is trade-able?
Free Palestine
RealGM

Post#140 » by 2010 » Thu Aug 7, 2014 2:41 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Niese losing trade value. Got shelled tonight. Offense was putrid. But we can take the series with a win tomorrow.

LGM

I've had my fill of Niese and Gee. If I'm Sandy I'm shopping them hard this offseason. The kids are ready and Colon can be our veteran insurance/innings eater if any of the kids falter.

1. Harvey
2. Wheeler
3. deGrom
4. Syndergaard
5. Montero
------------------
Colon