NY Post: "[Former GM] Minaya

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,964

NY Post: "[Former GM] Minaya 

Post#1 » by Stannis » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:23 pm

Good article about Minaya and the talent he left with the Mets:

http://nypost.com/2015/04/18/minayas-fi ... s-revival/

Don't get me wrong, I think Alderson is doing a good job, but look at all the talent Minaya left over.

These two (Minaya and Alderson) are a good combination :) Minaya left at the right time, and Alderson arrived at the right time. We just need some bucks to spend.
Free Palestine
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,928

Re: NY Post: "[Former GM] Minaya 

Post#2 » by islanders11040 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:53 pm

Travis Knight wrote:Good article about Minaya and the talent he left with the Mets:

http://nypost.com/2015/04/18/minayas-fi ... s-revival/

Don't get me wrong, I think Alderson is doing a good job, but look at all the talent Minaya left over.

These two (Minaya and Alderson) are a good combination :) Minaya left at the right time, and Alderson arrived at the right time. We just need some bucks to spend.

Minaya signing RA dickey and Alderson trading him for D'arnaud and Syndergard is the greatest tag team trade rape in Met history (probably exaggerating but if Thor becomes a 1/2 arm and Travis continues his early season ways, maybe not)
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Re: NY Post: "[Former GM] Minaya 

Post#3 » by Manhattan Project » Mon May 11, 2015 10:47 pm

The reason why Minaya doesn't get any kudos anymore is because the Los Mets don't exist anymore. That's the team that gets associated with Minaya, not any of the behind the scenes type of moves so to speak. I would've love to see Alderson have some money to really spend, but his frugal approach has been what this team needed in a way. However it's been beaten to death with all the arms the Mets are sitting on, Sandy is going to have to make a trade at some point.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones

Return to New York Mets