ImageImageImageImageImage

*METS Playoffs '15* - WORLD SERIES v. K.C.

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,187

Re: *METS Playoffs '15* Beat LAD, CUBS Next 

Post#81 » by moocow007 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:55 pm

JackSIKMA43 wrote:Agreed. Utley is a douchebag, always has been. Getting him to fly out last night, I almost hit my head on the ceiling, I was so stoked, lol.

:lol:
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#82 » by moocow007 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:59 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:The good thing to come out of this for Yankees fans, especially if the Mets advance deep or go all the way, is that the noose on the purse strings likely will come off in the offseason. Even penny pinching Hal "Not George" Steinbrenner won't be able to stand the Mets cutting in on his action and grabbing front page. The thought of Ben Zobrist being the Yankees big offseason signing is about as titillating as seeing a nip slip from Hillary Clinton. So in that respect. Mets all the way!!!! :lol:

The Yankees' problem isn't spending money on free agents. It's their inability to develop enough young talent. MLB in 2015 is much different than when the George Steinbrenner Yankees dominated. Young under control talent is how you win championships.

That philosophy seems to be changing. In the old days, George would've trade some combination of Severino, Judge, Byrd, and/or Betances in order to get a couple of stars for the playoff run. Those days appear to be over (sorry Moscow) and the Yankees seem to be - dare I say it (gulp) - REBUILDING. Bwhahaha

I think they are actually waiting for the current big contracts (CC, Tex, ARod primarily) to expire. I believe they all expire after about the same time. Definitely, it looks like Hal Steinbrenner is a money man and he's looking at the luxury tax and the actual cost for each player and thinking "no, no way, are we going to dish out $45 million per (when you factor in the tax) for the top free agents". And I agree if I look at it from his POV. But that's not the fan's POV. IMO as soon as those contracts are cleared they will be back at looking to be big players in FA. Also by that time their young guys will have some time already in the majors and could be situated perfectly for a run. Well, at least that's what I try to convince myself is their plan.
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#83 » by JackSIKMA43 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:00 pm

Collins does stuff that irks me sometimes, like pulling Conforto out and putting in Cuddyer, etc. Back to the ownership thing ... it really is everything. It all starts at the top. Look how terrible the Bucks have been for so long, then Herb Kohl sells them to two billionaire New York hedge fund dudes, and in a span of 3 years, they go from 15 wins to 41 wins in one season, and get a new arena and downtown development deal done. These guys don't play games, they mean business, and aren't f'ing around. That's what I wish the Mets had, but to be fair, I really don't know the entire Wilpon situation, so my opinion there, ain't worth much.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#84 » by moocow007 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:01 pm

JackSIKMA43 wrote:Collins does stuff that irks me sometimes, like pulling Conforto out and putting in Cuddyer, etc. Back to the ownership thing ... it really is everything. It all starts at the top. Look how terrible the Bucks have been for so long, then Herb Kohl sells them to two billionaire New York hedge fund dudes, and in a span of 3 years, they go from 15 wins to 41 wins in one season, and get a new arena and downtown development deal done. These guys don't play games, they mean business, and aren't f'ing around. That's what I wish the Mets had, but to be fair, I really don't know the entire Wilpon situation, so my opinion there, ain't worth much.

Yeah, well, it was close at one point. There was a buyer with big bucks backing I believe that was trying to buy the team. So close. :lol:
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,168

Post#85 » by Fat Kat » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:04 pm

Knicks-Mets-Jets.

What a sports weekend. :D
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,198

Post#86 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:38 pm

moocow007 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
whocares1 wrote:

The Yankees' problem isn't spending money on free agents. It's their inability to develop enough young talent. MLB in 2015 is much different than when the George Steinbrenner Yankees dominated. Young under control talent is how you win championships.

That philosophy seems to be changing. In the old days, George would've trade some combination of Severino, Judge, Byrd, and/or Betances in order to get a couple of stars for the playoff run. Those days appear to be over (sorry Moscow) and the Yankees seem to be - dare I say it (gulp) - REBUILDING. Bwhahaha

I think they are actually waiting for the current big contracts (CC, Tex, ARod primarily) to expire. I believe they all expire after about the same time. Definitely, it looks like Hal Steinbrenner is a money man and he's looking at the luxury tax and the actual cost for each player and thinking "no, no way, are we going to dish out $45 million per (when you factor in the tax) for the top free agents". And I agree if I look at it from his POV. But that's not the fan's POV. IMO as soon as those contracts are cleared they will be back at looking to be big players in FA. Also by that time their young guys will have some time already in the majors and could be situated perfectly for a run. Well, at least that's what I try to convince myself is their plan.

I agree, I think the Yanks will continue to try and build the farm system while they shed the hefty contracts and try and replicate what they did when they brought up the core of Jeter, Rivera, Williams, Posada, et al., which would IMO be the smart thing to do. You just can't spend like a drunk sailor anymore. Look at all the money the Dodgers spent (over $300 million) and where it got them. It's just a different time from when George was around.
Free Palestine
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,263

Re: **NLDS: Mets-Dodgers** LET'S GO METS!!! 

Post#87 » by KnicksGod » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:24 am

vallen wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
vallen wrote:great moved to the tumbleweed section of this site. still stubbornly sacrificing hits (probly thousands tonight) trying to force us places we are never going to stay ?

you guys know where your bread is buttered by now, focus on that.

anyway Go Mets dear crickets.

It's now a stickied topic on the Knicks Board.

cool thanks!

so is this the universal game thread moving forward ?

Yes sir.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,082

Post#88 » by vallen » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:04 pm

this is going to be the longest Saturday ever.

#uberingtill8 :lol:

Go Mets!!!
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#89 » by Marty McFly » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:17 pm

Stannis wrote:I never understood the NY on NY hate.

As a Giants fan, if the Jets went to the Superbowl and beat the Cowboys/Eagles, I'd be very thankful. Patriots would be 2 Superbowls higher if it wasn't for the G-Men. Lettuce not forget them ruining the Patriots from having the best season in all of sports. No NFL team should hate the Giants.

As for baseball, as Mets fan, I don't mind the Yanks unless they are playing the Mets. They beat the Phillies in 09, so they are ok I'm my book.

Neither do i and it's really weird. i saw some met fan on instagram, trying to shame someone that wore a yankee hat at one point, and was later seen with a met hat at a met game.

a chip for new york is a chip for all of us. 8-)
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,592

Post#90 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:19 pm

Saw a stat that said Cubs hitters avg 220. Against 95+ fastballs. That's in the bottom third of the league.

Harvey's gunna put up a classic Harvey performance today. Can't wait.
fresko024
Veteran
And1: 459

Post#91 » by fresko024 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:14 pm

This is going to be great baseball. I think the Mets win in 6 but I really hope the Cubs pull it out. I feel bad for them, 1908 is a long time.
Romans 8:1-4
islanders11040
Head Coach
And1: 6,933

Post#92 » by islanders11040 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:36 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:Saw a stat that said Cubs hitters avg 220. Against 95+ fastballs. That's in the bottom third of the league.

Harvey's gunna put up a classic Harvey performance today. Can't wait.

Cubs fans saying they are a different team and ended the season killing fastballs. Mets fans say we are a completely different team since 0-7 against the cubs. We shall see who is correct.
islanders11040
Head Coach

Post#93 » by islanders11040 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:56 pm

Syndergaard reported no soreness today after pitching out of the bullpen for the 7th and throwing 100 pitches warming up 2 days ago. He is confirmed to start game 2. Our rotation is lined up PERFECTLY

1-Harvey
2-Thor
3-Degrom
4-Matz
5-Harvey
6-Thor
7-Degrom

Thor pitching at home both games. Degrom lined up to pitch the most pivotal games. Harvey in position to set the tone of the series and pitch big game 5 depending how things turn out. Matz gets a nonetheless important game right in the middle. I love it
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#94 » by JackSIKMA43 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Morons. Now I have every Cardinals and White Sox fan I know, asking me to loan them my Tim Teufel jersey and shirts. Um, no.
vallen
RealGM

Post#95 » by vallen » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:04 am

all right lets get this No-Hitter for Harvey started.
vallen
RealGM

Post#96 » by vallen » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:20 am

Murphy!!!!!!!!
nyjetsknicks420
Sixth Man
And1: 665

Post#97 » by nyjetsknicks420 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:21 am

**** Murphy making more money every home run he hits
islanders11040
Head Coach

Post#98 » by islanders11040 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:47 am

vallen wrote:all right lets get this No-Hitter for Harvey started.

Harvey looking dominant so far
vallen
RealGM

Post#99 » by vallen » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:00 am

lmao if this ends up a no-hit , remember that snag from Wilmer.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,263

Post#100 » by KnicksGod » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:15 am

Kind of needed a run or two there.

Return to New York Mets