Move over, Derek Jeter [Jose Reyes Article]

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Move over, Derek Jeter [Jose Reyes Article] 

Post#1 » by blueNorange » Mon May 7, 2007 3:13 am

Rest of Article

Meet Jose Reyes, baseball player.

With future Hall of Fame pitcher John Smoltz starting to fade and the Braves holding a one-run lead in the sixth inning on this particular Sunday, the Atlanta ace digs in to try and retire Mets shortstop and leadoff hitter Jose Reyes.

The bases are loaded. There are two outs. Over fifty-five thousand rabid Shea fans sense blood and let loose with their signature roar: "Jo-se, Jo-se, Jo-se, Jo-se!" El Chombo's "Chacarron" - one of several Reyes at-bat anthems and certainly the funniest - blares over the stadium speakers.

Smoltz fires one pitch. Reyes smokes it into right field.

Before Braves right fielder Jeff Francoeur can blink, Reyes has a stand-up triple, clearing the bases and putting the Mets ahead for the first time all game (they would eventually lose 9-6). Reyes nearly runs over third baseman Chipper Jones as he rounds the base and briefly considers a dash for home plate before clapping his hands. Reyes finishes April with a .356 average, 17 stolen bases, five triples and NL Player of the Month honors.

"I just try to do my job," says Reyes. "Try to put this team in position to win."

"He can change the complexion of a game by himself," says Mets manager Willie Randolph.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
SugeKnight718
Lead Assistant
And1: 0
Location: On The Trade Eddy Curry For Tyson Chandler Campaign!!!

Re: Move over, Derek Jeter [Jose Reyes Article] 

Post#2 » by SugeKnight718 » Mon May 7, 2007 3:52 am

blueNorange wrote:Rest of Article

Meet Jose Reyes, baseball player.

With future Hall of Fame pitcher John Smoltz starting to fade and the Braves holding a one-run lead in the sixth inning on this particular Sunday, the Atlanta ace digs in to try and retire Mets shortstop and leadoff hitter Jose Reyes.

The bases are loaded. There are two outs. Over fifty-five thousand rabid Shea fans sense blood and let loose with their signature roar: "Jo-se, Jo-se, Jo-se, Jo-se!" El Chombo's "Chacarron" - one of several Reyes at-bat anthems and certainly the funniest - blares over the stadium speakers.

Smoltz fires one pitch. Reyes smokes it into right field.

Before Braves right fielder Jeff Francoeur can blink, Reyes has a stand-up triple, clearing the bases and putting the Mets ahead for the first time all game (they would eventually lose 9-6). Reyes nearly runs over third baseman Chipper Jones as he rounds the base and briefly considers a dash for home plate before clapping his hands. Reyes finishes April with a .356 average, 17 stolen bases, five triples and NL Player of the Month honors.

"I just try to do my job," says Reyes. "Try to put this team in position to win."

"He can change the complexion of a game by himself," says Mets manager Willie Randolph.

Yeah lets try a different response next time...
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#3 » by blueNorange » Mon May 7, 2007 4:06 am

SugeKnight718 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Get

Off

Derek's

AND

Jose's

Cock!!!!
Your jealousy is pathetic, I mean I didn't write the article, I just posted it. LAWL how a Yankee fan acts when their coddled SS Jeter isn't the SS of New York, I also love how you have enough time to lurk the Mets forum.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,779

Post#4 » by Lord Commander » Mon May 7, 2007 1:36 pm

SugeKnight718 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Get

Off

Derek's

AND

Jose's

Cock!!!!

We can say that?!?!? Wow, I think I'll expand my vocabulary too.

Anyway, I can't wait til Reyes is so good that this constant comparison to Jeter would seem ridiculous because I really believe that he's that much better.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,429

Post#5 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed May 9, 2007 7:55 am

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We can say that?!?!? Wow, I think I'll expand my vocabulary too.

Anyway, I can't wait til Reyes is so good that this constant comparison to Jeter would seem ridiculous because I really believe that he's that much better.

Jeter's a great player.

Jose is looking SickDickulous. 6 tripples, 12 doubles, 19 SBs, 350 average, 21 RBI. 31 Runs. Crazy, absolutly crazy stateline. I think they will always be comparable, but I can't believe how good Jose has been so far this year.

In fairness to Jeter, some people think he's a better player than A-Rod. Jeter's got a little something known as Intangibles. So, I don't know if the comparison is likely to go away anytime soon.

Reyes is Nuts/crazy though.

I think he will establish himself as the mets franchise player (over Wright) this year. Beltran has been putting up some gonzo numbers too.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).

Return to New York Mets