ImageImageImageImageImage

Prince of thieves Reyes running wild [Article]

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Prince of thieves Reyes running wild [Article] 

Post#1 » by blueNorange » Tue May 8, 2007 8:45 pm

Full Article

"It's amazing to me how much they panic," said Mets second baseman Jose Valentin. "He changes the game completely when he's on base." His teammates are quick to spew out superlatives. Best in the game. Most prolific they've ever seen. The laundry list unravels down to the floor, and it's just the beginning for a 23-year-old shortstop still years away from his prime.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,981

Post#2 » by Manhattan Project » Wed May 9, 2007 3:23 am

Its just scary really when you think about it, 23 years old and he has the game at his fingertips. Amazing defense, Average, Runs, SB's, Great Smile and what more can you ask.

He wont catch Ricky, but it will be fun to watch.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall
Herro l Okogie
Fox l Jones l Ellis
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,465

Post#3 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed May 9, 2007 7:59 am

Manhattan Project wrote:Its just scary really when you think about it, 23 years old and he has the game at his fingertips. Amazing defense, Average, Runs, SB's, Great Smile and what more can you ask.

He wont catch Ricky, but it will be fun to watch.

But he might be a better all around player than Ricky - if he keeps hitting well over 300 (Ricky didn't always do that). Ricky had the Walks down though. I'd take a 23 year old Jose over a 23 year old Ricky. (am I crazy?)
Didn't expect to be rooting for the Celtics, but that's what happened.

Go Boston, Go Boston. Go Boston. Crush the silly Mavericks.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#4 » by Basketball Jesus » Wed May 9, 2007 8:14 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote: But he might be a better all around player than Ricky - if he keeps hitting well over 300 (Ricky didn't always do that). Ricky had the Walks down though. I'd take a 23 year old Jose over a 23 year old Ricky. (am I crazy?)

Yes. Very much so. Or, at least you are for thinking Reyes will be better than Rickey. Rickey may be one of the 25 best players in baseball history (pitchers included).

Reyes did have a great year last season and it sure seems to be translating over into 2007. If anything the edge Reyes may have is that he
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,981

Post#5 » by Manhattan Project » Wed May 9, 2007 10:21 pm

Basketball Jesus wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes. Very much so. Or, at least you are for thinking Reyes will be better than Rickey. Rickey may be one of the 25 best players in baseball history (pitchers included).

Reyes did have a great year last season and it sure seems to be translating over into 2007. If anything the edge Reyes may have is that he
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall
Herro l Okogie
Fox l Jones l Ellis
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,465

Post#6 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu May 10, 2007 8:46 am

Well, I don't want to Jinxs anbody, but in theory

if Reyes keeps this up (what he's done so far), he will hit over 330 with close to 100 RBI (batting leadoff) and 150 runs and 90 Stolen Bases and 25 triples, 50 doubles, while playing short stop and providing good D.

Now, it might be ridiculous of me to suggest he could keep this up, but that's as good or maybe an even better season than Ricky's ever done.

But point taken, I may have overstated things a bit with my praise for Reyes.

But good point on the EqA - which I am unfamiliar with.
Didn't expect to be rooting for the Celtics, but that's what happened.

Go Boston, Go Boston. Go Boston. Crush the silly Mavericks.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#7 » by Basketball Jesus » Thu May 10, 2007 1:29 pm

EqA isn
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.

Return to New York Mets