Post#1 » by Rocketsterps » Mon May 21, 2007 9:35 am

AMAZIN' RUN OF SUPREMACY WILL LAST A WHILE

Mets future 1 & 2 starters? Dontrelle Willis & Carlos Zambrano

1. Dontrelle Willis 25 yrs old
2. Carlos Zambrano 25 yrs old
3. John Maine 25 yrs old
4. Oliver Perez 25 years old
5. Mike Pelfrey or Phillip Huber 23 years old

don't be surprised if they push hard to both trade for Dontrelle Willis and sign Carlos Zambrano if he makes it to free agency.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05182007/sp ... htm?page=0
2008-09 Championship Depth Chart
1) Ben Gordon/ Aaron Brooks/ Rafer Alston
2)Tracy McGrady/ B. Barry/ V. Wafer
3) Shane Battier/ R. Artest/ C. Hayes
4) Luis Scola/C. Landry/Joey Dorsey
5) Yao/ D. Mutumbo/Sean Williams
majorleads
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by majorleads » Mon May 21, 2007 3:47 pm

I'd rather trade for Johan Santana and call it a day.
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#3 » by DocZaius » Mon May 21, 2007 3:51 pm

Then trade the farm for Santana

1) Willis
2) Zambrano
3) Santana
4) Maine
5) Perez

LAWL!!!!
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#4 » by mjhp911 » Mon May 21, 2007 7:00 pm

But how about in two years when Rodriguez might be an Angel and Jeter is likely to have the range of Paris Hilton doing Shakespeare?

Oh, snap... that's cold!
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,981

Post#5 » by Manhattan Project » Mon May 21, 2007 9:41 pm

Yeah Im all for going all out for Johan Santana, but if he does resign with the Twins Willis is the next choice for me. He gets no support with the Marlins, he has a great character, attitude and is deadly with the bat.

Willis-Reyes my god just watching those two play the game would be amazing...
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall
Herro l Okogie
Fox l Jones l Ellis
majorleads
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by majorleads » Mon May 21, 2007 10:48 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:Yeah Im all for going all out for Johan Santana, but if he does resign with the Twins Willis is the next choice for me. He gets no support with the Marlins, he has a great character, attitude and is deadly with the bat.

Willis-Reyes my god just watching those two play the game would be amazing...

Thing is, Santana is not a free agent until after next season so I'm not sure the Twins would deal him at this trading deadline. I would think they would wait until after the season but, one never knows depending on the offers they receive and whether or not they are still in it this season.

As for Dontrelle, I love him, have loved him since I saw him pitch in Jupiter Florida when he first got traded from the Cubs to the Marlins. However, I've knocked him down a peg and don't believe he is a true ace. So, if we trade for him, it's of the understanding he is not anything close to Johan Santana.

The problem with acquiring Santana is, what do we offer the Twins? Mike Pelfrey and Lastings Milledge will not be enough. I would think the Twins would want someone with a higher ceiling. Heck, the Marlins got Hanley Ramirez and Anibel Sanchez for Josh Beckett and he's not Johan Santana.

So how do we get Santana without giving up Gomez or Martinez? I do not want to trade either of them. You guys know our prospects better then me, have any ideas? But if you have ideas, these players have to be top notch prospects! Don't insult the Twins.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,981

Post#7 » by Manhattan Project » Mon May 21, 2007 11:07 pm

Thing is, Santana is not a free agent until after next season so I'm not sure the Twins would deal him at this trading deadline. I would think they would wait until after the season but, one never knows depending on the offers they receive and whether or not they are still in it this season.

I cant see any reason for them to deal him, makes no sense. However im just talking here... Liraino will be coming back next year, if he returns to form do they break up that amazing duo? Or do they take a chance and deal Santana for a farm system? They have a bunch of young players, but none of them really project to have a high ceiling. Can they even afford Santana next year, supposable he already turned down an extension. He dismissed that though claiming that was false.

As for Dontrelle, I love him, have loved him since I saw him pitch in Jupiter Florida when he first got traded from the Cubs to the Marlins. However, I've knocked him down a peg and don't believe he is a true ace. So, if we trade for him, it's of the understanding he is not anything close to Johan Santana.

I still believe he can be an ace, he goes deep into games and never backs down. Plus he is a lefty, but we all know he is no where near Santana. However match him with our offense, there is no reason he cant get 18-22 wins a year.

The problem with acquiring Santana is, what do we offer the Twins? Mike Pelfrey and Lastings Milledge will not be enough. I would think the Twins would want someone with a higher ceiling. Heck, the Marlins got Hanley Ramirez and Anibel Sanchez for Josh Beckett and he's not Johan Santana.

Thats a tricky thing, when it comes to prospects you never really know what you are getting. The Twins got Joe Nathan and Fransisco Liraino for AJ Piersynski.

So how do we get Santana without giving up Gomez or Martinez? I do not want to trade either of them. You guys know our prospects better then me, have any ideas? But if you have ideas, these players have to be top notch prospects! Don't insult the Twins.

I mean realistically one of them would have to go and probably along with either Pelfrey or Humber and probably Guerra. I mean its Johan Santana...
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall
Herro l Okogie
Fox l Jones l Ellis

Return to New York Mets